Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Hello
I sent my bag to the spa in Paris from another European city 3 months ago and never heard about it since. I realise that it takes long time to be served at spa but wondering how fast I should be informed that the bag reached the spa? My SA rolled his eyes on this question but since I had issues with UPS almost losing my other bag I'm a bit nervous not getting any acknowledgement. What are your experiences? I'm not overly worried about the actual time in the spa. Thank you in advance.
I received a quote after 4 weeks from the date that I dropped my bag to Hermès shop.

Reactions: EmilyM11
I am thinking of purchasing a Jypsiere which will need some repair in places to the edging. Fairly minor I think. Are such repairs always sent to France or might they be done in the U.K? I should be able to take it to a store (London or Manchester) but would they return it to me by post or would I have to collect it? Many thanks for any advice.

My lovely gold B30 has two major issues. Do you think H Spa can fix the pen mark and this hole? I don’t know how this happened.

View attachment 5588231View attachment 5588232
There's a good shot at getting the pen mark off. The hole....I think they might try to fill it. Otherwise you're looking at a panel replacement which you don't want to try - I doubt anyone else would notice the hole.
I was able to get pen off a gold Birkin with Lexol wipes but since this is in a very noticeable spot I would NOT try anything at home and definitely go to spa. Good luck!

I am thinking of purchasing a Jypsiere which will need some repair in places to the edging. Fairly minor I think. Are such repairs always sent to France or might they be done in the U.K? I should be able to take it to a store (London or Manchester) but would they return it to me by post or would I have to collect it? Many thanks for any advice.
Currently all repairs are sent to France. However I've been told that in September there will be an artisan working in London again:happydance:
So if you wait until after then and take it to NBS I believe it will be repaired in London. I think you will have to collect it though!

Currently all repairs are sent to France. However I've been told that in September there will be an artisan working in London again:happydance:
So if you wait until after then and take it to NBS I believe it will be repaired in London. I think you will have to collect it though!
Such great news!!!
I cant't believe we will actually have a spa service in London again.
I assume that the artisan will decide if an item still needs to be sent back to Paris for major work??

Such great news!!!
I cant't believe we will actually have a spa service in London again.
I assume that the artisan will decide if an item still needs to be sent back to Paris for major work??
Yes, I presume they'll still send things to Paris if it's something major. But it will be so great to have an artisan here again for the minor repairs!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I just recently acquired my first Hermès bag and I am over the moon. She's a vintage Kelly in box calf leather from 1947. I think she has so much character and I'm loving the way she is but I just wanted to have her looked at by the Hermès spa and maybe conditioned due to the age she's in. I took her to the Beverly Hills store and received an update after 3 weeks. Due to the vintage nature of the bag, I was informed that they will need to send her off to France. This got me a bit sad because I didn't want to part with her just yet for, as I was told by the after sales person, an estimated lead-time of 6-8 months. That being said, I postponed the service so I could spend time with her first. I hope I'm not risking the condition of the bag by not taking it to the spa just yet. I'm also watching Docride's videos to see if I can do something in the meantime. So here she is —

F773B2E6-90C0-48C2-B1FB-33A62D9F30E6.JPGPhoto Jul 12, 6 39 16 AM.jpg

Does anyone have experience with taking their epsom birkin to Hermes spa? I am considering of purchasing an epsom birkin in craie and wanted to get some opinions before pulling the trigger. Thank you in advance!

Does anyone have experience with taking their epsom birkin to Hermes spa? I am considering of purchasing an epsom birkin in craie and wanted to get some opinions before pulling the trigger. Thank you in advance!
I sent a 11yo Epsom K32 with US Hermes last year. What type of repair are you looking for? Just general cleaning/conditioning?

the bag is well loved and epsom texture at the corners is smooth out already and spa was not able to recondition that. So depending what you are looking for?

Reactions: smilephs
Take a look at Winnie Y’s YouTube channel. She sent in a 30 y.o. Birkin in corcheval (epsom’s predecessor) and they did a phenomenal job.

I’m eyeing an excellent condition epsom birkin but just wanted to make sure the wear/tear wouldn’t be too bad and that it would be amendable after the spa :smile: I only have experience with togo and ardennes! thanks for all the responses!!

Hello
I sent my bag to the spa in Paris from another European city 3 months ago and never heard about it since. I realise that it takes long time to be served at spa but wondering how fast I should be informed that the bag reached the spa? My SA rolled his eyes on this question but since I had issues with UPS almost losing my other bag I'm a bit nervous not getting any acknowledgement. What are your experiences? I'm not overly worried about the actual time in the spa. Thank you in advance.
Update on this: the reason there was no quotation was that it was done for me for free. It took them 4 months to return the bag. Very pleased and positively surprised as whilst I didn’t raise it with the brand that something was really wrong with the plaques to deteriorate in such a short time, they admitted this way and amended. Cleaning of the bag was also free of charge. Moments like this make me feel very good about the brand.

11365D7B-9CB9-47B4-96FB-B6140DB0C6F4.jpeg

A5C79FB5-F85B-4773-935F-56AE967942DA.jpeg

Hello everyone,
There is a preloved B in togo leather that I am interested in. The listing notes that leather has been treated- what does this mean and will Hermes still work on the bag if needed in the future? Thank you for the insight.