Hermes Paris SALE JUNE (Summer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note of caution about having someone else line up for you - at least at the front of the line on Day 1 - people are very aggressive about perceived "line jumping". One if our friends got separated from us heading in and when she came to join us less than 30 minutes later there was such a fuss that she was unable to join us in line. Other friends who came up to simply say hello were confronted. Don't know if this is a feature of being up front or not, but it happened both times i went to a Paris sale.

That said, if you are in line for a bit and one of your group goes down for coffee, no I've seems to mind. (Thank goodness!)

Think of it as competitive shopping!

oh, ok I didn't know that! Thank you!

HAHA I won't be until 9ish. I guess I'll be at the back of the line then.

yeah I thought about 9 around as well, but then I went through a few blogposts... this was why I thought it might be a good idea to to lining in shifts. But I don't know how my family is going to react if i come home with bruises and everything that doesn't say " it was a pleasant polite shopping experience..." hmmmm :thinking:

i have been going since 2009 and only twice it did not coincide with the start of sales in france - for june. it is january sale that usually second or even third week.
last year's sale was so miserable though, i find it not worth the trip.
Thank you for the clarification! :flowers:

I guess I should head straight to jewelry section then! I just want a 140 cashmere. Don't think I'd be picky which CW as its my first LOL
There wasn't jewelry at the last Summer sale although there were for this past Winter in January. There was belts instead.

scarves and shawls had been a disappointment - every sale over the past years it got worse and worse. best colorways were not even present.

I was pleasantly surprised last summer - got 3 CSGMs that I wanted at full retail. I also got several twills, but the vast majority of twills were not colors that work on me. And some had even been there 18 months before...

That said, I always find something special there and I enjoy meeting up with friends.

I keep hoping to hit one of the sales where there are bangles, but no luck for me so far.

I was pleasantly surprised last summer - got 3 CSGMs that I wanted at full retail. I also got several twills, but the vast majority of twills were not colors that work on me. And some had even been there 18 months before...

That said, I always find something special there and I enjoy meeting up with friends.

I keep hoping to hit one of the sales where there are bangles, but no luck for me so far.

which shawls did you get! :smile:

it is true there were many scarves that had been for several sales before - needless to say the worst colors.

You need to try the winter sales - the past two had bangles. I did not go the last one though. But 2015 had a very good bangles selection, it was the first in years to have them.

Does anybody know when they start lining up? I read about 1 o'clock in the morning...

Didn't do the lining up for apple, but... well.. there is always a first time...

I got in line last time at 5 am and that was *slightly* earlier than necessary. I would estimate I was about 50th in line. Based on the January experience if you get in line by 6 or maybe 6.30 at the very latest you should be amongst the first group of people let into the sale when it opens at 9 am. I met a woman at the sale who got in line at 7.45 am, she didn't get in until 10 am. There is no huge advantage in being very first in line, after the coat check everyone is held in a hallway (maybe the first 200 or so in line) and then let into the sale in a large first group at 9 am. Further queues then await (separate queues for scarves and jewellery) so choose your first stop wisely...

I got in line last time at 5 am and that was *slightly* earlier than necessary. I would estimate I was about 50th in line. Based on the January experience if you get in line by 6 or maybe 6.30 at the very latest you should be amongst the first group of people let into the sale when it opens at 9 am. I met a woman at the sale who got in line at 7.45 am, she didn't get in until 10 am. There is no huge advantage in being very first in line, after the coat check everyone is held in a hallway (maybe the first 200 or so in line) and then let into the sale in a large first group at 9 am. Further queues then await (separate queues for scarves and jewellery) so choose your first stop wisely...

Hi dear and thank you so much for your profound reply! I am feeling a little relief that I don't have to start at 1:00 o'clock as my mood... my mood- nobody wants me around at one o'clock in the night. :mad: 6 o'clock sounds perfect to me as I am a really early bird.

My thaughts were after reading the threads here: carrees, bangles, shoes RTW and out ;)

Thank you again!

Hi dear and thank you so much for your profound reply! I am feeling a little relief that I don't have to start at 1:00 o'clock as my mood... my mood- nobody wants me around at one o'clock in the night. :mad: 6 o'clock sounds perfect to me as I am a really early bird.

My thaughts were after reading the threads here: carrees, bangles, shoes RTW and out ;)

Thank you again!

shoes and RTW you can leave as last stops - there is no line there. ;) Bangles - not sure there will be any, as they seem to surface at winter sales over the past years.

On the issue of "first stops", in January there didn't seem to be massive interest in the RTW so I would definitely do that last. Shoes on the other hand had a lot of takers, there were some people walking out with half a dozen pairs so they might get picked over quickly. But I would do one of the mandatory queues very first thing, probably one of the two scarf queues or the jewellery (if they have it this time). The jewellery queue was so slow that when I had confirmation that they didn't have any men's clic H bracelets I just left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.