Hermès New York City Stores

I’ve given up on being offered anything on my wishlist. I’ve spent a decent amount and have tried to form a relationship with my SA but they aren’t really the chatty type (maybe just towards me?). Do you think I should change SAs/location from MP to Madison or Wall Street? I really was hoping for a C18 and nothing has been offered but it looks like ppl with less history and spend are getting things.
I think the stock at Madison may be a little better than MP?

Reactions: misspakie
I’ve given up on being offered anything on my wishlist. I’ve spent a decent amount and have tried to form a relationship with my SA but they aren’t really the chatty type (maybe just towards me?). Do you think I should change SAs/location from MP to Madison or Wall Street? I really was hoping for a C18 and nothing has been offered but it looks like ppl with less history and spend are getting things.
Madison has the most inventory obviously but WS and MP are really good boutiques to build a relationship (i think the vibe at these stores are a lot more chill and laid back vs madison). however, it does take time to get things on your wishlist...unless you spend a lot in a short amount of time. if you don't have a lot of patience, the best way to get what you want is to spend in the high commission categories (RTW and fine jewelry) assuming you like the stuff. with more people staying local this year and spending more @ their home boutique (vs spending at their boutique abroad (outside of US), i do think there will be more competition for the smaller bags. a C18 is not difficult to get ime unless you're looking for a very specific combination...are you open to colors and leathers and have you expressed this to your SA? also, i do think its important to shop with someone you like...if you want someone more chatty, then by all means find someone that's more chatty. i would stick with MP though if you've already spent a good amount of $ there......if you go elsewhere, you'll be starting all over again...

Hi,
I totally understand your frustration, but I second what @chicfinds suggested: staying with your current store if you’ve built a profile with them because you can’t carry your MP purchasing history to another location. Maybe you can try switching to another SA if you think you don’t “click” with the current one.
However, what do you mean the SA isn’t “chatty”? My SA and I do not “chat” a lot about personal things when I shop in store, but I enjoy shopping with my SA regardless.
How much have you spent with the SA and what categories are the items you bought if you don’t mind me asking?
Given the production center being shutdown and the low inventory across the board, it does require more patience. Try not to compare others’ experiences with yours because there isn’t a certain protocol on getting bags, and some people just have better luck than others.

Hi All! I have spent now close to $10k on things like fine jwl, home, SLGs, makeup, shoes, 1 bag, etc. I always made it a point to go in store so get face time with my SA and reached out via text to see if there’s any newness or ask about certain items. It seems like the ppl who talk constantly have better luck with getting specific things on their wishlist. For the C18 was pretty open to color but wants RGHW or GHW and sent that request earlier this year. I haven’t heard a peep from my SA for about a month. Sorry to sound down but just seeing so many other ppl get things and wondering if I should just give up on my H journey.

Hi All! I have spent now close to $10k on things like fine jwl, home, SLGs, makeup, shoes, 1 bag, etc. I always made it a point to go in store so get face time with my SA and reached out via text to see if there’s any newness or ask about certain items. It seems like the ppl who talk constantly have better luck with getting specific things on their wishlist. For the C18 was pretty open to color but wants RGHW or GHW and sent that request earlier this year. I haven’t heard a peep from my SA for about a month. Sorry to sound down but just seeing so many other ppl get things and wondering if I should just give up on my H journey.
I'm sorry it's been tough. What was your bag purchase and how much?

I think it is much easier if you concentrate your spending in rtw and fine jewelry. I got offered two quota bags in just a couple of months after I spent 14k exclusively in non leather rtw and fine jewelry.

Last edited:
Something else important to note when you say "earlier this year." When? It's only April. The teams are just in the process of merging back into one so securing bags for clients has been even tougher lately, on top of already low inventory. Epecially if a delivery arrives when your SA was working from home, chances are they wouldn't even see the items in that delivery as they would have quickly been taken by other SAs. MP is great, just continue to buy what you like and remind your SA about your C18 wish once in a while. It will certainly come in due time. Don't lose hope :smile:

I think it is much easier if you concentrate your spending in rtw and fine jewelry. I got offered two quota bags in just a couple of months after I spent 14k exclusively in non leather rtw and fine jewelry.
hello
Just wondering did you buy the 1st quota bag you were offered and then offered the 2nd bag? Or did you get offered the 2nd bag because you passed on the first one?
I recently started my hermes journey, spent about 12K on rtw, fine jewely, scarves, shoes, tableware, belt, rodeo, wallets in about 2 wks and got offered my first quota bag which I gladly purchased.
I am thinking about purchasing a fine jewelry piece, but want it to count towards my second quota bag purchase.
I heard stories that your h profile kind of resets after you get your quota bag.

hello
Just wondering did you buy the 1st quota bag you were offered and then offered the 2nd bag? Or did you get offered the 2nd bag because you passed on the first one?
I recently started my hermes journey, spent about 12K on rtw, fine jewely, scarves, shoes, tableware, belt, rodeo, wallets in about 2 wks and got offered my first quota bag which I gladly purchased.
I am thinking about purchasing a fine jewelry piece, but want it to count towards my second quota bag purchase.
I heard stories that your h profile kind of resets after you get your quota bag.
I got my first with no spend but it was during the post lockdown period when it was easy to get bags as a walk-in. I got my second after a 14k spend.

Hi hi!

I'm super excited! My DH and I are moving to NYC this summer! I work out of NYC currently, so I'm flying in and out 75% of the month while we still officially live in Minnesota.

It was still an excuse to make my first appt at Madison next week with a SA I bought from two years ago :graucho:

However, is it possible to ask to ship pieces back to MN? I don't particularly want to carry around fine jewelry in my luggage the days I'm there.

Thanks!!

Hi hi!

I'm super excited! My DH and I are moving to NYC this summer! I work out of NYC currently, so I'm flying in and out 75% of the month while we still officially live in Minnesota.

It was still an excuse to make my first appt at Madison next week with a SA I bought from two years ago :graucho:

However, is it possible to ask to ship pieces back to MN? I don't particularly want to carry around fine jewelry in my luggage the days I'm there.

Thanks!!

I have all purchases I make in NY shipped to my home in PA. I always train it back and forth and do not want to shlep shopping bags around the city. (Plus lower taxes)

Reactions: voguekelly711
Update! My SA reached out to me and asked if I wanted to pop in this weekend. Got offered two C18s but not the colors I was looking for. Walked out with a Mini Evelyn Black with GHW and a Mother’s Day gift for my mom. You guys were right! Don’t lose hope. Thanks for letting me vent! My SA said they will still keep my wishlist in mind and will reach out next month (I’m due with my first any day now!)

Update! My SA reached out to me and asked if I wanted to pop in this weekend. Got offered two C18s but not the colors I was looking for. Walked out with a Mini Evelyn Black with GHW and a Mother’s Day gift for my mom. You guys were right! Don’t lose hope. Thanks for letting me vent! My SA said they will still keep my wishlist in mind and will reach out next month (I’m due with my first any day now!)
Lucky!!! Congrats!!!

• Haha
Reactions: LifestyledchoicesL