Hermès New York City Stores

My SA in madison got promoted last Sept right before new store was opened, and she assigned another SA to help me out. But ever since then, the new SA never replied back to me, I asked for jacket, shoes, no responds. I also asked to make appointment with her, still no responds. But the messages showed as "Read". So what should I do now? I'm still waiting for my special order which submitted in 2021.
Tell your old SA the person you were assigned to appears to have their hands full with their current clients and ask for another referral. Ask for someone who isn't as client heavy, who can get back to you when you inquire about items. I believe Madison hired new SA's for the reopening. Maybe your SA can suggest one of them.

I know people are wary of new SA's but I think since your spend is already at Madison working with someone new wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: carlinha and 880
My SA in madison got promoted last Sept right before new store was opened, and she assigned another SA to help me out. But ever since then, the new SA never replied back to me, I asked for jacket, shoes, no responds. I also asked to make appointment with her, still no responds. But the messages showed as "Read". So what should I do now? I'm still waiting for my special order which submitted in 2021.
Same here. My SA was promoted right before the new store opened. Prior to this, she had told me I had a very good chance of getting my 1st QB (this was around August), but that didn’t end up happening before she was promoted. I was referred to a new SA who, while fairly responsive and willing to ship small items as requested, has told me the last couple times I’ve asked that there are no bags from my wish list available (looking for B30 or K28). While I understand my pre-spend and relationship is nowhere near established as others (3:1, been a customer 1.5 years), it’s hard not to be disheartened as I feel like I’m having to start over again. I’m beginning to wonder if I should just go the resale route for QBs and stick to the store for things like non-QBs, shoes, scarves and small pieces of jewelry.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 880 and Crapples
Tell your old SA the person you were assigned to appears to have their hands full with their current clients and ask for another referral. Ask for someone who isn't as client heavy, who can get back to you when you inquire about items. I believe Madison hired new SA's for the reopening. Maybe your SA can suggest one of them.

I know people are wary of new SA's but I think since your spend is already at Madison working with someone new wouldn't hurt.
I did message my old SA, also no response… very frustrated…

• Sad
Reactions: carlinha
Same here. My SA was promoted right before the new store opened. Prior to this, she had told me I had a very good chance of getting my 1st QB (this was around August), but that didn’t end up happening before she was promoted. I was referred to a new SA who, while fairly responsive and willing to ship small items as requested, has told me the last couple times I’ve asked that there are no bags from my wish list available (looking for B30 or K28). While I understand my pre-spend and relationship is nowhere near established as others (3:1, been a customer 1.5 years), it’s hard not to be disheartened as I feel like I’m having to start over again. I’m beginning to wonder if I should just go the resale route for QBs and stick to the store for things like non-QBs, shoes, scarves and small pieces of jewelry.
Well… I just feel the new SA is NOT polite at all. I asked about jacket, not answering, then I asked about if she was available I can go visit, also not reply. I don’t mind if she told me no or something, at lease reply me…. I’m wondering if I should call the store and looking for store manager

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: lulilu and carlinha
I understand how you feel. I am new to Hermes, and established a relationship with my SA over a year ago. She told me that Xmas was a reasonable timeframe for a QB. I was told months ago that something would happen soon, but to no avail. I also recognize that the holidays are just over and inventory is low! I am trying not to calculate the ratio because I know myself and I don’t want to move in that line if thinking. My SA is really nice, responsive and helpful. I choose to believe that it will happen at some point, and trying to remain patient because I do love Hermes. I plan on asking my SA next time I see her whether adding another spec (I.e. colors) will help - at least to spark the conversation and gain insight.
I hear you on how you are reconsidering your approach, luckily, you don’t need to make any moves quickly.

It seems that with that spend and that wait, I don't believe there are no bags from your wish list available at the store, especially a B30 and K28. There are just no bags for you right now, whether it be because of the SA or the SM.

I've recently been through a similar experience which almost soured me to the brand entirely. However, what helped was support from this forum, and a change in my point of view. I, too, was frustrated waiting for so long with a certain spend, texts ignored, appointments being hard to get after almost a 4 year relationship, and I finally decided to spend at another store. Ever since, I have not looked back. The new SA was very friendly, and within a few months, a bag did appear. I never pushed for it. I've always been patient with my SAs and friendly, too, but that doesn't mean you won't get forgotten among the hundreds of other requests, especially from a competitive store like Madison.

What helped me was to think of it as a positive business transaction. If I make sure that the SA is taken care of, (i.e. ensure he/she and the store they belong to gets the sale so they get their hard earned commissions), my expectation would be that they take care of me, as well. It may mean that they source a certain item that is hard to get, or potentially get you a bag on your wish list. If they don't, I just don't plan on spending anymore. I put in the same effort as they do.

I'd rather spend my money on what gives me joy, and if I no longer am experiencing that joy, I am free to spend it elsewhere - whether it be at another store or another brand. It's the SA's choice if they want to lose the commissions I may give them, big or small.

Put your situation back into your control. If you need to step back from this SA, and get it the reseller route, do it. Do what makes you happy and not stress out about such silly things as a brand/store valuing you as a customer.

I did message my old SA, also no response… very frustrated…
I’m sure. In your situation I would go in one day, browse around and try to find an SA that seems engaging and approachable. If there’s something inexpensive you wanted to buy start there and see if you connect. I would mention your old SA was promoted so you’re in need of a new one and see if they are interested. If not, rinse and repeat. Did you have any friendly encounters with another SA during a trip to Madison? Even a casual conversation or small chit chat?

I’ve had random conversations with a few SAs during trips to my home store. One is very personable and I’ve enjoyed the chats we’ve had. I would probably turn to them if for any reason I lost my current SA.

Depending on what you want, I believe the resale market is starting to soften re B30s and K28s. I shop both well priced heritage leather resale and boutique. I agree with @Gal4Dior in this respect :smile:

@bluekitty0914 , I agree with @Daydrmer. Also, I just wanted to say oftentimes the H SAs don’t have enough time (and aren’t given time) when they can sit down to respond. I’ve seen my own SA scrolling through the enormous amount of texts he receives in a day, and it’s mind boggling. Hermes seems to prefer that they prioritize their working hours with in person clients on the floor. So, I don’t necessarily take it personally if I don’t get a response, but I would suggest not going over specific lists via text with a new SA. Although I still text for appts, someone also told me that the way for clients with new SAs to make an appt is to contact the store concierge. Perhaps you will find a better fit that way too. If you can make an appt for a weekday, that might also give you some extra time to talk to your SA. Good luck :smile:

Last edited:
Hermes works on single store loyalty. Every store is its own little kingdom with sales goals from corporate and they are all competing with one another to be the top selling store. If your priority is to be a valued client in order to receive offers for coveted items and bags, it’s important to show your store and SA loyalty. In other words, I helped you build your sales numbers now you help me by providing the items I want to buy. If a store/SA sees that you are willing to shop “with a competitor“ to get items there is less motivation for them to make you a priority over other clients who are strictly loyal. It’s still possible to be successful but imho the risk is not worth the limited reward. The online store is also technically a separate store (and for 2022 was the top selling “individual Hermes store”) and while SAs sometimes say “if you see something, grab it” I would caution that it’s still a risk.

As for the notes on your profile, the next time he pulls up your info, whether to confirm an appointment for you or to nominate you for approval of a bag offer, he will see the notes and wonder what happened. Last year I went in a store on vacation and tried on a pair of sandals that my store didn’t have to see if I liked them enough to order them through my home SA. I did like them and mentioned to the vacation SA that they were nice but I’d have to think about. Unbeknownst to me, that SA noted it on my profile and a week later I got a call from my home SA saying “hmmm I see you ordered the xyz sandals in vacation town? I can get those for you if you just tell me you want them…”

As for St Barts, currently profiles are unique to a country so I don’t believe your USA profile will be visible to St Barts and vice Verscan

This is so strange. Can't you shop on vacation without revealing your name?

Depending on what you want, I believe the resale market is starting to soften re B30s and K28s. I shop both well priced heritage leather resale and boutique. I agree with @Gal4Dior in this respect :smile:

@bluekitty0914 , I agree with @Daydrmer. Also, I just wanted to say oftentimes the H SAs don’t have enough time (and aren’t given time) when they can sit down to respond. I’ve seen my own SA scrolling through the enormous amount of texts he receives in a day, and it’s mind boggling. Hermes seems to prefer that they prioritize their working hours with in person clients on the floor. So, I don’t necessarily take it personally if I don’t get a response, but I would suggest not going over specific lists via text with a new SA. Although I still text for appts, someone also told me that the way for clients with new SAs to make an appt is to contact the store concierge. Perhaps you will find a better fit that way too. If you can make an appt for a weekday, that might also give you some extra time to talk to your SA. Good luck :smile:
Thank you @880, @Gal4Dior, and @KristinS for your perspectives. I agree a change in mindset is needed as I already see myself spiraling into a "what more can I do?" rabbit hole and I'm driving my husband nuts :biggrin:. I was fortunate enough to be offered & purchase several non-quota bags and have loved the shoes, shawls and small silver jewelry I've purchased. But since the QB eludes me, I'm thinking resale is the way to go. I hate "giving up" in a sense, but for my own sanity I probably should :smile:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Crapples
This is so strange. Can't you shop on vacation without revealing your name?
You know this is a great question. I’ve not been into any luxury shop in a while where I’m not asked for my info to 1) look up an existing profile or 2) create a new profile. I mean I suppose one could decline, particularly if you are paying cash but it’s been so long I have no idea.