Hermès New York City Stores

Headed to NYC in a couple of weeks. Wanted to ask the forum’s experience with QB at the Hermes NYC boutiques. I am excited to check out the new store!
I don’t have a local Hermes and my buying history is most robust on the USA website.
Do I need an appointment to see bags at the NYC stores?
Thank you!
Hi there, perhaps others can chime in, but I was at the Madison store several weeks ago. It is not my home store, but I am a long-time client at my local home store with a strong buying history. I think if you want to just LOOK at the bags from afar in the display cases, you can just go in and browse/window shop at any time. However, if you want to personally be SHOWN any bags or SLGs, you would need to make an appointment. I did not ask for a QB, but I asked for a neutral C18 or Mini Lindy with GHW and feel so lucky to have gotten a Mini Lindy (Nata GHW). It has been very hard to get this from my local store, as bad as a QB. They did ask for my name for approval before they could sell me any of the leather goods (I presume to check my overall H buying history, I am not sure if online purchases on the website can be seen through their system as well).

Texted my SA today to buy something and got a response that he’s no longer at the company. So sudden! Wondering if I should call to ask for another SA to work with or go to the store and see who I meet. I have a newborn so going to the store is a little tough, although it would be a nice reprieve from this endless feeding burping changing napping cycle

Reactions: DR2014
Hi there, perhaps others can chime in, but I was at the Madison store several weeks ago. It is not my home store, but I am a long-time client at my local home store with a strong buying history. I think if you want to just LOOK at the bags from afar in the display cases, you can just go in and browse/window shop at any time. However, if you want to personally be SHOWN any bags or SLGs, you would need to make an appointment. I did not ask for a QB, but I asked for a neutral C18 or Mini Lindy with GHW and feel so lucky to have gotten a Mini Lindy (Nata GHW). It has been very hard to get this from my local store, as bad as a QB. They did ask for my name for approval before they could sell me any of the leather goods (I presume to check my overall H buying history, I am not sure if online purchases on the website can be seen through their system as well).
Congrats on your mini Lindy!
Thank you so much this is very helpful! After my recent failed attempts at the appointment system in Paris, I am honestly stumped as to how a person that loves Hermes but is not fortunate enough to have a boutique nearby can go about acquiring a QB without resorting to the pre loved market and paying over retail.
I certainly would love a jypsiere, if I am unable to get a Kelly, how to go about it when one is competing (hate to use this word) with so many is truly a puzzle.
If there are any trustworthy preloved stores that the group can recommend in New York City, I would greatly appreciate it. I’d love to actually see and touch what I’m about to spend my money on.

If there are any trustworthy preloved stores that the group can recommend in New York City, I would greatly appreciate it. I’d love to actually see and touch what I’m about to spend my money on.
Fashionphile has a large showroom in Chelsea (601 W 26th St STE 400B Floor 4, New York, NY 10001). I haven't been to this location but pre-covid the old Madison location had H bags on display that you could touch and try on. :smile:

Hi how much did you have to spend for mini Lindy ?

Hi, I think it’s much more difficult at Madison after Covid SIP. My SA says K 25 is a bit easier than a B25. B25 is very difficult as relatively few come in. He was able to get me a gold B 25 sellier this year, but my prespend while I waited was at least 5X. After a certain point, you stop counting and just take comfort in that you love everything you’ve bought. I should mention that I don’t have a wish list, and I trusted him to pick something in a B25 that I would love. He told me sincerely even though a lot of stock was diverted to Madison, it’s up to the SM. I got lucky and my DH developed a relationship with an FSH SA who got me a K25 a few months before my B25 materialized. My FSH SA also got me a K28 quadrille (toile) in the second half of the year, bc I love mixed media bags.

This is an unpopular opinion, but I think, if you don’t love other H offerings like RTW or dishes, and have a lot of patience, it can be cheaper and quicker to buy authenticated reseller at 2X or 3X. I have enough B30s and K28s and I just want to enjoy what I have. So, if my SA sees another one that I would love, I trust he’ll do his best to get it approved. if not, that’s life. I do have a friend who is a VIP, and she is offered limited edition 25s and other things, but honestly, I am simply not on that tier :smile: My advice is be patient, be realistic, only buy what you love, and if something comes for you, all the better. The 25s are simply starting to be a reward for top tier clients or a very lucky few. Otherwise enjoy what you have JMO

ETA: it may also be that your SA has not been approved to offer that type of bag at this time. That would knock you out regardless of spend (it has nothing to do with you)
Thank you dear 880. I went to the store today (first time since it's reopening) and my SA told me that all leather goods, including SLGs are subject to approval now. I was hoping to get a new wallet and some tableware but wasn't able to get either. It seems that the store manager will approve on bags (any bag) for clients who spends more in other departments. If one has a history of heavy leather goods, then it's not likely to get more.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
Yes I think they can see your purchase history with hermes.com as long as you have same name, phone# and address

Reactions: carlinha
I don't think it's all Birkins/Kellys - it's 25s and under that are in such crazy demand at Madison. TBH I would ask for an a la carte order. I think it is actually easier to get a slot than waiting for a K25 or B25 in the right leather and color.
Thanks hon, I did placed an SO early this year. I hope they don't cancel on me. Might be my last one or two QBs. lol

Reactions: 880 and carlinha
@joanneminnie, I have the same feeling. It's been a lot harder to get offered a quota bag this year (especially after the new store opening). I went in last week and was originally told it'd be hard to get my second quota bag of the year but at the end of the appointment, my lovely SA was able to get me a B25 in a neutral color. I was soooo happy and thankful for my SA!!

Last edited:
@joanneminnie, I have the same feeling. It's been a lot harder to get offered a quota bag this year (especially after the new store opening). I went in last week and was originally told it'd be hard to get my second quota bag of the year but at the end of the appointment, my lovely SA was able to get me a B25 in a neutral color. I was soooo happy and thankful for my SA!!
Congratulations! So it seems some bags are allocated before the shipment arrives and some are just impromptu decisions of the store managers. Did you buy other stuff on that day before your SA went and asked?

Congratulations! So it seems some bags are allocated before the shipment arrives and some are just impromptu decisions of the store managers. Did you buy other stuff on that day before your SA went and asked?
Which is why SAs suggest their clients come into the store. I‘ve been under the impression that is easier for an SA to get approval for a bag offer for a client that is actually in the store.

Which is why SAs suggest their clients come into the store. I‘ve been under the impression that is easier for an SA to get approval for a bag offer for a client that is actually in the store.
Makes sense. My SA never really asked me to go the store after I moved further away from the city. I used to make lunch trips in those old days!

Reactions: 880