Hermès New York City Stores

Unfortunately I’m hearing the expectation for the first two days of the opening is a significant spend if you get one of the appts. H is expecting record revenues for the opening of that store.
I just found out that I have an appt on the 30th, and my SA has the specific RTW piece in my size). It’s not a huge spend by any means.

I do know that H is expecting record breaking revenue, and I did offer to wait post opening, but he said it was okay, IDK

So, I would say, if your SA schedules you, just do what you normally do

@craven, im crossing my fingers that your specific item is just a bit delayed and that it comes in soon.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I am a new member and just started my journey with Hermes recently. I visited the store in Boston over the summer. Unfortunately, they did not have Constance in stock when I was there. I kind of expected that since I was completely new.

I was thinking to try my luck again at the Madison store during my trip to NYC next month, but then comes the new store opening and I cannot make an appointment online at all (
:sad:
I hate my luck sometimes). Originally, I was planning to visit the store on Oct 4 or 5, do you think I should check the website daily to see if they will offer some appointment slots for those days? Tbh, I really do not like the idea of spending 6-8 hours standing in line. Or should I try other stores? Seems like no appointments are offered at the Wall St location as well.

Hi everyone,

I am a new member and just started my journey with Hermes recently. I visited the store in Boston over the summer. Unfortunately, they did not have Constance in stock when I was there. I kind of expected that since I was completely new.

I was thinking to try my luck again at the Madison store during my trip to NYC next month, but then comes the new store opening and I cannot make an appointment online at all (
I hate my luck sometimes). Originally, I was planning to visit the store on Oct 4 or 5, do you think I should check the website daily to see if they will offer some appointment slots for those days? Tbh, I really do not like the idea of spending 6-8 hours standing in line. Or should I try other stores? Seems like no appointments are offered at the Wall St location as well.
The Constance is a bag held back by the SAs to be offered to long term clients with an ongoing relationship (spending history) with that precise store location. It would be shocking for a brand new client to be offered one, without extreme same day spending. A new store opening is perhaps your only shot without a relationship, however that comes with long line waiting as other people want to take that same chance of being lucky. The company in general seems to be moving away from appointments.

Hi everyone,

Hi and welcome. +1 with @acrowcounted. If you only want a specific Constance, perhaps consider reseller. I buy both boutique and reseller depending on the item and how quickly I want it. Honestly, reseller can be less money given the unofficial prespend in NYC.

Re appts, as some long standing clients are being scheduled during the first few weeks depending on the items they want, I think it would be difficult to get an online appt for Oct 4 or 5. Even if you were to get an appt, I’m not sure you will be able to get a Constance, especiallu the 18, as they are quite popular.

The buzz around the Madison Ave opening is expected to continue until past the 2022 holiday season. It’s my understanding that SAs were told not a take vacation from the opening until the new year.

Last edited:
The buzz around the Madison Ave opening is expected to continue until past the 2022 holiday season. It’s my understanding that SAs were told not a take vacation from the opening until the new year.
Ha, yes my SA told me the same that they were not allowed to take vacation starting in September until the new year, and I thought that was bonkers.

In any case, I don’t remember the ability to make appointments online for Madison (previously I was able to do it for MP). I doubt they’ll turn it back on for the opening and I don’t know if you’ll be able to make an appt without having a SA contact at Madison already. Best bet would likely be waiting in line during the first couple of weeks.

• Insightful
Reactions: sbelle and 880
Thank you everyone so much for your feedback.

I will still visit the store on those days as I also have other items that I'd like to buy (cosmetics, scarves, RTW). I will think about reseller but I am always afraid that I may get a fake or one that is in worse condition than described.

Thank you everyone so much for your feedback.

I will still visit the store on those days as I also have other items that I'd like to buy (cosmetics, scarves, RTW). I will think about reseller but I am always afraid that I may get a fake or one that is in worse condition than described.
If you change your mind, see this link for my post 28 (many others have also stated opinions in favor or against reseller bags). Personally I think it is the only way to get certain limited styles, and is not limited to the thread‘s title

otherwise, in today‘s climate, in general, you need to form a relatively exclusive SA relationship:

Reactions: cv0302
I advise spending some time in each of thr stores (and read the thread) to get a sense of the vibe, then go and see if you connect personallu with any of the SAs. A smaller bag like these may be a bit harder to get, but perhaps stock will loosen up later this year. i shop both boutique and resale, depending on how quickly I would like something. . .

Thank you so much for the reply! I will definitely stop in stores and see if I make a connection. As for resale, I have been looking at some listings on fashionphile, the realreal, and vestaire collective. Have you shopped from any of these before or do you have any other resale site suggestions you like to use? Thanks again so much for the tips. This is super helpfu!

Hi! I’m on vacation visiting my sister in law in Denver and went in to the Hermes Store to buy a silk scarf for my mother in law. The SA I met there is really nice and offered to keep in touch and to text him, he also said he could ship me anything but bags (?) not sure, he was wearing a mask and I couldn’t hear him properly. He seems really nice and was telling me about a surprise he had planned for his client later that day (a SO!!). I had planned to start shopping at the Madison store (I live in New York) once the re-opening craziness dies down a little (maybe in November?) to work my way towards a birkin.

My question to you lovely ladies and gents is this, is it going to be super competitive at Madison as a new client to meet a nice SA like him? Should I instead start buying from this Denver SA and wait for a bag offer and then come over to collect it (and visit my SIL at the same time?)

My personal preference is to go to Madison in person so I can see and shop in person, I don’t mind waiting a few months or a year or two and I have my eyes on a few items already. Also for items like shoes and scarves I’d like to try them on before I buy them and prefer in person experience than online / over the phone. I’m just afraid of going through a “SA dating experience” before I meet the right one.

TIA!

Reactions: BreezyE
Thank you so much for the reply! I will definitely stop in stores and see if I make a connection. As for resale, I have been looking at some listings on fashionphile, the realreal, and vestaire collective. Have you shopped from any of these before or do you have any other resale site suggestions you like to use? Thanks again so much for the tips. This is super helpfu!
See my prior post #2273 above :smile:

Last edited:
Hi! I’m on vacation visiting my sister in law in Denver and went in to the Hermes Store to buy a silk scarf for my mother in law. The SA I met there is really nice and offered to keep in touch and to text him, he also said he could ship me anything but bags (?) not sure, he was wearing a mask and I couldn’t hear him properly. He seems really nice and was telling me about a surprise he had planned for his client later that day (a SO!!). I had planned to start shopping at the Madison store (I live in New York) once the re-opening craziness dies down a little (maybe in November?) to work my way towards a birkin.

My question to you lovely ladies and gents is this, is it going to be super competitive at Madison as a new client to meet a nice SA like him? Should I instead start buying from this Denver SA and wait for a bag offer and then come over to collect it (and visit my SIL at the same time?)

My personal preference is to go to Madison in person so I can see and shop in person, I don’t mind waiting a few months or a year or two and I have my eyes on a few items already. Also for items like shoes and scarves I’d like to try them on before I buy them and prefer in person experience than online / over the phone. I’m just afraid of going through a “SA dating experience” before I meet the right one.

TIA!
I’ve heard great things about Denver but if you’re local to NYC I would definitely stick with Madison. Also I would try to get there ASAP this year as they have outlandish goals for the new store and therefore the supply of goods to make it possible to hit those goals. Worst case, you can always fall back to Denver if Madison doesn’t work out but I sincerely doubt you’ll have that problem. Good luck!