Hermes, marketing and dating...

Thank you ladies! Definitely agree with Perja ans Sus' comment in particular... don't over do it and give the guy a chance on the first date.

Avadome... you are too funny! "Keep the cheap and stingy away too!" :roflmfao: I can't stand frugality, if I went for the first dinner/lunch and if I detect any hesitation with my date when the bill comes... I take over, pay for it and that's it! For sure I won't be seeing this person again! At this stage in life, I simply refuse to go dutch!! For crying out loud it's only a meal!!??

Sarah-girl, hang in there!

Croissant, you are very lucky that your DG wants to be able to provide you with your birkins! Must be :heart:!

So... now that we have concluded we should all be ourselves (so I remain status quo and ignore all my other friends)... where are the single, mid-aged men who are secure, charming and confident, who are not stingy or cheap and acts chivalry??? :confused1: Hope they are not ALL married already... :confused1: :confused1: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Croissant, that is so very sweet of your SO :flowers: and you're right, the only thing is that you're both happy with the situation.

On the long run, I agree with you that being true to oneself is the most important thing in the world. However, interviews and first dates are places where you're playing a professional/social game that has certain rules.

If I had a choice between an exotic skin or a leather, I'd go for leather because like it has been said before, people are weird about money/expensive things sometimes and can get a bad first impression. It would be a shame to be judged on stuff. It would be my choice not to wear a recognisable bag on a first date (and booooy, has H got a good selection of other bags :graucho:) but if you have the confidence to do otherwise, kudos to you and it's something I admire. :flowers:

Give me five Perja! I totally agree! Date and job!

For job interviews... it really depends on your industry, position, CV, the kind of job you are going for and you have to play the game accordingly if you want to stand any chance of getting the job.**So if a girl came into an interview for a junior position and she carries a birkin or Kelly, would you not question whether she needs a job?**Will she be able to get her hands dirty? Does she want the job because she wants to kill time?**etc...** Of course you also have to consider this girl will not be the only candidate for the position... Of course if you go for an interview for say Chanel... don't carry Hermes. :P

High Maintenance, thy name is Susi. As long as my "date" is smart about this, we'll get along, just fine.

That said.....I've been married to a wonderful DH:heart: for 35 years....

you work hard you play hard......

from the single girl who worked hard for her bag
the girl that got into a good college
the housewife who take cares of the house
the wife who stands by husband
the mom who stays up when their kids are are sick

I am sure everyone really earned their bags in one way or other. Take it out enjoy it.