Hermes Hawaii

Hi guys, I have a question regarding shopping in Hawaii. My friend recently called in to the wakiki store and the sales associate asked her if she bought anything from hermes before, and if she did she would not be offered a birkin or kelly. For those who were offered a birkin or kelly, is this true?

Hi guys, I have a question regarding shopping in Hawaii. My friend recently called in to the wakiki store and the sales associate asked her if she bought anything from hermes before, and if she did she would not be offered a birkin or kelly. For those who were offered a birkin or kelly, is this true?
Hmmm. Do you mean if she’s already have an H profile/relationship from a different store, she won’t be offered B/K?... if so they can start a new profile using their other half’s info.

Well she doesn't really have an established profile, she bought a card holder in Seattle last year around September and they helped her open a profile but that's it, she hasn't shopped since. She doesn't know if that would hinder an offer. The sa on the phone was pretty blunt and said you can use your other halfs profile, but my friend is not sure if her single purchase in seattle would be considered a "profile" / relationship.

Well she doesn't really have an established profile, she bought a card holder in Seattle last year around September and they helped her open a profile but that's it, she hasn't shopped since. She doesn't know if that would hinder an offer. The sa on the phone was pretty blunt and said you can use your other halfs profile, but my friend is not sure if her single purchase in seattle would be considered a "profile" / relationship.
This is so interesting. I have to imagine a number of successful buyers also have home SA relationships. I'd love to hear from TPFers who share their experience.

This is so interesting. I have to imagine a number of successful buyers also have home SA relationships. I'd love to hear from TPFers who share their experience.
Tourist area stores like Hawaii and Vegas know that people enjoy "trying their luck" while on vacation even though they don't intend to loyally shop there year round. With the current limited production of the highest coveted items, it seems they are being extra careful to use their limited B/K supply on clients that will help their bottom line throughout the year. Having an account at another store is a good indication that the client won't be back to shop after a quota bag purchase, or at least, has shared loyalties with another store, and with demand as high as it is, there's no need to take a risk on a shared client when there's an new client standing right behind them happy to buy instead.

I can only speak for the Ala Moana store and I have not been back since the pandemic. My home store is on Rodeo Dr., but I was born in Hawaii and still have a home there and visit Ala Moana often. I tried to buy Hermie, the stuffed horse, for my daughter’s 10th birthday and an SA refused to sell me one! She told me to go to my home store to buy Hermie! What a shame. Sales tax in Hawaii is under 5% and in LA it is close to 10%, so I would have liked to establish a relationship in Hawaii. I guess Hawaii likes to cater to tourists rather than locals, although I have not lived ful-time in Hawaii since 1989.