Hermes coats - Fab or a waste of money? Your honest opinion sought.

What do you think of Hermes coats?

• They are exceptional and I have not regretted the expenditure.

• They are OK, but not worth the cost in the long run.

• Never had one, but would like to.

• Never had one, and dont want one.

Results are only viewable after voting.
^^^Got it! Not that I am likely to start traveling whilst wrapped in furs, but it's good to be aware that anti-fur feelings are strong in London. Thanks.

Yup, I see the occasional lady on Bond Street or Sloane Street but it's incredibly rare and also rather frowned upon.....nothing to do with wealth just because there is alot of negativity towards wearing fur

There are often little demonstrations outside Harrods because they sell fur and I've seen people shouted at for wearing it

This is gorgeous duchess!! :heart::heart:

attachment.php

It all depends on your style,and if you can make it work?

I LOVE some of the H coats!
Oh this combination in the post a few pages back by duchess just SINGS to me! I love vert olive--a favorite color--and the coat/scarf/bag combination is absolutely perfect!

That said--here is my answer to the question posed about Hermes coats--fab or a waste of money?

My opinion--both! When I look at a bag in the store, I see a price tag that will never drop. When I see a coat, I think--hmmm, in a few months time this will be on sale...

For a coat, I would rather take my chances and try to save a thousand or so by waiting.

Thank You for your your compliments, Mai Tai, Kelly Birkin, Ranag and Perigord.
This is my first Hermes coat;but it will not be my last!
I am hoping I will be lucky to find one on sale,that would be a big thrill for me.

The same in NYC. I still wear fur when it's cold. I have one coat lined in sheared mink, fools everyone. I did wear sable in London last visit, no problems. There were Siberian winds, needed it.

Lucky you! I would so love to see a picture of your sable coat!

I am dreaming of Barguzin, and asking every Russian connection I can,in hopes of finding the perfect pelts.

The protesters stand right between the taxi stand by Harrods and when you're coming out from the underground (right by the side entrance of Harrods, by where you can deposit your bags) and shout and scream and tell people to boycott Harrods because of furs and leathers. The ironic thing is, some of them are wearing leather themselves (bit Pamela Anderson like....nonono to anything peta protests against but yesyesyes to white Birkin)

Once a very wealthy and chic looking elderly lady (think Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada) was walking into Harrods and she had a water bomb filled with something that stained thrown onto her fur coat by one of the protester's kids.

But yes Duchess, fantastic and elegant coat. I've been looking at a leather lined reversible cashmere peacoat in the men's, I just dislike the leather trims on the pockets, and I know it shouldn't put me off, but it does (sort of turns a classic piece into a fashion piece, hence the item is susceptible to looking dated)

I agree Vivek,I would not care for leather on the pockets of a peacoat either.

My coat is not reversible and only has leather inside the cuffs,collar and inside the button hole
placquet.
I would have liked this coat to be lined;but I guess you can't have everything? LOL