**Hermes Chat**

I have so much stuff to do and the cats won't leave me alone.

Last night, DH went to the Nats-Cubs game 5 with a good friend. To frame what happened, you have to understand that DH and I flew from Barcelona yesterday. Our bags had to be outside our doors by 6:45 am. So our wake up call was at 6:15 am. The game started at 8:00 pm. I went to bed at 9:20 pm. I could not keep my eyes open any more. I woke up around 1:20 and no DH. I looked up to see whether the game was over. It was. I texted him. No answer. I called him. Went directly to VM. Twice. I've heard/read that when first responders get to the scene of an accident in which someone is seriously hurt or killed, they turn off the person's cell phones.

At this time, I'm frantic. I think that DH fell asleep at the wheel and got into an accident. I come to the conclusion that I need to hop in the car and drive the route he'd drive to see if where the problem is and then go to the nearest hospital. My adrenaline is roaring.

I get within a mile of DC when DH calls me wondering where I am.
I. Just. Want. To. Throttle. The. Man.
He recognized that I'd called, but the call didn't ring on his cell phone and he did not receive the text until he got home.

I got home shortly before 2:00 am and did not sleep well afterwards. I feel like a dirty dishrag today.

Last night, DH went to the Nats-Cubs game 5 with a good friend. To frame what happened, you have to understand that DH and I flew from Barcelona yesterday. Our bags had to be outside our doors by 6:45 am. So our wake up call was at 6:15 am. The game started at 8:00 pm. I went to bed at 9:20 pm. I could not keep my eyes open any more. I woke up around 1:20 and no DH. I looked up to see whether the game was over. It was. I texted him. No answer. I called him. Went directly to VM. Twice. I've heard/read that when first responders get to the scene of an accident in which someone is seriously hurt or killed, they turn off the person's cell phones.

At this time, I'm frantic. I think that DH fell asleep at the wheel and got into an accident. I come to the conclusion that I need to hop in the car and drive the route he'd drive to see if where the problem is and then go to the nearest hospital. My adrenaline is roaring.

He recognized that I'd called, but the call didn't ring on his cell phone and he did not receive the text until he got home.

I got home shortly before 2:00 am and did not sleep well afterwards. I feel like a dirty dishrag today.

eb- Exasperation and Exhaustion are a combo that's a real drain on the body and the psyche. Pamper yourself. And when you are up to it, look forward to what are always your great pictures and Journal. LOVE Barcelona and everything Gaudi!

EB, my DH has done this to me too. I've stayed up fretting and worrying myself sick as to what's happened only for him to walk in the door and ask why I'm still awake! Ugh!! He does it when working late too and has a decent drive home which is another worry especially when the weather is bad. Always tells me that I don't need to worry! Hard not to.
Can't wait to see your treasures from Europe.

Oh no, EB. That totally stinks. Hope you've been able to rest since then. Ps...why is it that our phones so often don't ring?

Purse, 6:15 is awfully early! At least you didn't have to wait long.

Ck, congratulations on moving forward with the interviews! And you WON an Apple Watch? That's fantastic! It's great for working out, and I love being able to look at texts or phone calls without having to get out my phone. Plus you get to buy all sorts of cool straps. Coach makes some pretty and quirky ones for a better price be point than Hermes, but H has the best colors.

Mindi, fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for DH's new venture to succeed! What an amazing opportunity.

Gk, best wishes for an uneventful surgery and recovery!

I just st went on a strap-buying frenzy last night! So far, I'm sticking with cheapie son Amazon, but I'm off to check out coach!

I know there's a few posts regarding protecting your H in the rain....

Envirosax has been mentioned in a few posts....has anyone used Loqi bags as well? I'm not sure which to get as it appears that Envirosax is noted as "waterproof" but loqi bags are "water resistant".

Any help would be appreciated! TIA

Envirosax has been mentioned in a few posts....has anyone used Loqi bags as well? I'm not sure which to get as it appears that Envirosax is noted as "waterproof" but loqi bags are "water resistant".

There are a few threads on this; if you have trouble locating them let me know but try rain and Envirosax as key words in your search.

Envirosax are NOT water proof, but having said that, I always have one in my bag. Great to use when going thru security screening ( nasty bins), when I have to put purse in overhead bin or (ick) on the floor in the plane, and they do keep some rain off ; just try not to be outside in a driving rain.