**Hermes Chat**

I hate changes in technology. Just when I get used to a device, then it's time to change.
Now, after wrestling with MS Word to put together an image heavy proposal last night, I wouldn't mind giving some MS peeps a piece of my mind.

At 4:00 PM yesterday, a colleague was working on a proposal and the document became corrupt. Tech support managed to save the content without the formatting. I am the Word formatting queen at my office. So, I worked till 11:00 PM redoing the damned thing, separating it into 4 separate sections.
Becoming corrupt is a risk for long documents. I save previous versions like mad.

Well, the sturm und drang of daily life continues unabated. HenHen has kennel cough. Mabel is not symptomatic yet, but I am apprehensive. Crap, crap, crap, if you'll excuse my French. We'll try to keep Mabs and Henry apart, but realistically, they were in the same facility, they were together all yesterday and last night (when Henry's symptoms first appeared), so she's almost certainly been exposed. Just need to see how things develop. Or don't develop, hopefully. They've both had their Bordatella vaccines, of course, but it's clearly not a guarantee of protection. Too many strains. Sigh. My babies.
Henry has already been seen at our local animal ER (very little traffic at 6 am on Saturday!) and is on antibiotics, which will at least, we think, have a mild anti-inflammatory effect on his respiratory tract.
I HATE it when my babies don't feel well. :pout:

Reactions: prepster
How did that happen, Mindi? I am freaking a bit because the little dogs are going to be boarded this week. I am taking Emmy away for a few days and DD is going to Brazil for work. DD1 will be around, but I hate to ask her to take care of the dogs full time. They are going to our vet for boarding, and have gone there in the past, but yikes.

Reactions: prepster
Mindi B, I am so sorry about the troubles of your fur babies! My in-laws previous dog would always get sick after boarding too. I really hope they get better soon!

In the meanwhile, Harry is back with mum and dad and apparently he sulked for the first several days back home. He would not interact with mum and dad, so I was told. He had a nice stay at the groomers place. One of the women has a little boy and he was very fond of Harry and they had been sleeping in the same room.

Reactions: Mindi B and lulilu
Is Henry just a little down? I hope he's not really sick. Such a worry when they are sick.

LOL re Harry sulking, XX. I have read that dogs don't really have "memory" like we do, e.g., scolding them if they are not "caught in the act" is meaningless as they do not understand why you are scolding. Not sure if this is true or not. I always hope it means that they do not know how long you are gone when they are boarded.

Today (well, technically yesterday now) our guy turned 7!!!!! How did that happen?
7!!!! WOW!!!!! I hope he had a great birthday.
Mindi, I hope Henry feels better and that Mabel remains symptom free.
Lulilu, Safe travels
xiangxiang, I bet the boy misses Harry too.

My gym has some really cute dogs. I am not ruling out getting one once I retire.

Also, next Friday, I am going to see how much I can deadlift, squat and bench press. Saturday is my 58th birthday, and I wanted to deadlift at least 200lbs. Currently, I have done 3 sets of 5 reps (deadlifts) at 190lbs (pretty easily). Yesterday I did 17 reps of squats between 120 and 127lbs. I've done single 130lb squats pretty easily. Bench pressing, I am a newbie, so I am unsure of my load. But I am getting the hang of it.

In the future, I probably will enter some local weight lifting competitions. So, we are going to structure my training like a meet where for each discipline I will have three progressively heavier lifts. These are one shot deals where I will follow the commands of a judge (in this case, my trainer).

Also, because of the strength training and physical therapy, I can go down stairs without holding onto a bannister. This is a huge deal for me and my severely arthritic knees.

I am a testament to strength training helping movement and flexibility for people with osteoarthritis.

Right now I need to do my PT exercises.

I like hermes Apple Watch with double tour straps...
But I already have a J12 that I'm already wearing as my everyday watch
I'm still thinking of reasons to get an Apple Watch other than pretty straps

I was gifted my watch when it first came out, and I don't think I would've gotten one otherwise. BUT, having worn it for awhile now, I would replace it if I ever lost it. I love that I can see texts, hear driving directions, and answer calls without having to scrounge in my bag for my phone. Also, the Watch can tell me if my phone is in range and ping the phone to locate it, which comes in handy if I can't find the phone. This has come in handy way too many times to admit! One other feature that I like but haven't used is the ability to take pictures remotely with your phone using the watch. Better selfies, I guess. I also like the activity tracker, but because most of my straps are H leather, I don't wear the watch if I'm really working out and sweating a lot. I have discovered that Coach makes pretty embellished Apple watch bands, and they're cheaper and more sweat resistant than H bands.

Mindi, sorry to hear about the kennel cough outbreak!

Lulilu, yep, kennel cough happens just like kids and colds at daycare. It's rarely more than an annoying, hacking cough that lasts a week, and usually they don't get too down and out.

Ck, happy birthday to Collin!!!!!!! Has it really been 7 years??!

EB, 200lbs...that's fantastic!! I know you'll hit your goal.

Reactions: etoupebirkin
Thanks, OB. I am just horrified that they take a dog that is coughing. Fingers crossed for the babies.

EB, wanting to be home with the dogs was one factor in my retiring early. I love being with them. They follow me everywhere and I really love that. So, I hope you consider adopting. (I have to avert my eyes on FB and IG because there are so many needy dogs. The needy doxies really get to me; I have to remind myself that 3 dogs is plenty and no, I cannot jump in the car and drive to TX to get that cute little doxie. I miss Moose and Rocky and their antics.)

EB, the weight lifting is amazing. Even more is the fact that your knees feel better. I am just going to strength and aerobic classes at the Y and it's helped me with stairs as well (when they aren't hurting from all the leg exercises). I hope my balance improves (I think it is, incrementally) as I have fallen a few times over the years resulting in broken limbs. I don't need that again. I think your birthday goals are good incentives too.

CK, time is racing by -- I still remember the posts when you went into labor!! I love your updates and can see what a great, loving mom you are.

They think I'll lift 225. I'll let you all know....
I'm still trying to wrap my head around someone lifting twice my body weight :wtf:
The most my PT got me to deadlift was 52.5 kg... which is 1kg over my body weight...
But I can leg press 90kg at the moment
My work out record is really funny with 4/5/6/8/10 kg on everything else then 90kg (used to be 100 before going UK for summer) on leg press

I was gifted my watch when it first came out, and I don't think I would've gotten one otherwise. BUT, having worn it for awhile now, I would replace it if I ever lost it. I love that I can see texts, hear driving directions, and answer calls without having to scrounge in my bag for my phone. Also, the Watch can tell me if my phone is in range and ping the phone to locate it, which comes in handy if I can't find the phone. This has come in handy way too many times to admit! One other feature that I like but haven't used is the ability to take pictures remotely with your phone using the watch. Better selfies, I guess. I also like the activity tracker, but because most of my straps are H leather, I don't wear the watch if I'm really working out and sweating a lot. I have discovered that Coach makes pretty embellished Apple watch bands, and they're cheaper and more sweat resistant than H bands.
Sounds like a good idea!
Also not having to mess with my phone while trying to practice my choreo would be nice I suppose
I feel like I'm cheating on my J12 by eyeing up another watch now