**Hermes Chat**

Aw, thank you, QuelleFromage--it takes one to know one! Your story of rescuing your girl from the streets is heartwarming. As stressful as it was for her when you were away, in the long run this might be really good for her: She will learn that in her new life, her people ALWAYS come back! :heart:

Reactions: prepster and lulilu
So sad to have the pups feeling bad.
I have been away in Kenya and Tanzania for a solid month and my pups stay with our housekeeper, which is I think easier on them than a kennel. She lost one of her dogs and loves ours and it is a comfort to her as well. But one of our dogs is a rescue...and I mean I found her on the street, starving - I do not believe she ever had an owner or a home, she may have been a puppy mill breeding dog, or a yard dog of some kind. Having humans to love has just blown her mind - it has been amazing to see her blossom. We had her 11 months before I went away on this trip (I've been on short trips of course but never a month), and coming back - I now KNOW dogs have a sense of time and memory. My older pup whom I have had for 9 years knows I will always return - he is fine. My poor sweet new rescue woof - she's been shaky for days, glued to my side. I really think she thought I'd never come back. This weekend she is finally calm and happy again.

I remember when you were deadlifting 70, I think? AMAZING. You are an inspiration (and look fabulous!).

How was your trip? have you been to either of those countries before?

Glad your dog is doing better!

Reactions: prepster
Aw, thank you, QuelleFromage--it takes one to know one! Your story of rescuing your girl from the streets is heartwarming. As stressful as it was for her when you were away, in the long run this might be really good for her: She will learn that in her new life, her people ALWAYS come back! :heart:
I like this thought! She's such a wonderful dog - you would never expect the sweet temperament she has from a street dog that I honestly thought was a coyote when I first saw her. Under all the dirt and bones and the fact that some jerk had hacked off her coat to the skin :mad: there was a beautiful white husky with mixed eyes. After a vet, a bath, a LOT of love and gaining 15 pounds (35 to 50!) she is a traffic stopper and also a major snugglebug.

How was your trip? have you been to either of those countries before?

Glad your dog is doing better!
I had been to Kenya - I do a fair amount of both business and volunteer work in East Africa - but not to Tanzania, which is a SPECTACULAR country. This was half work (photography, and that part of my work is like play for me), half vacation - it was fabulous.

I had been to Kenya - I do a fair amount of both business and volunteer work in East Africa - but not to Tanzania, which is a SPECTACULAR country. This was half work (photography, and that part of my work is like play for me), half vacation - it was fabulous.[/QUOTE

Thank you. Both countries interest me - and I haven't been to either one. Recently someone from Tanzania told me not to go, but I think sometimes people are often like that about where they grew up.

Ck, hard to believe it's been 7 years!!
EB, good for you on the weightlifting. Exercise definitely makes you feel better. I do yoga and piloxing then go to the gym on the off days. I can't imagine not doing some sort of exercise as it always clears my head.
Sorry about the kennel cough, Mindi. Poor fur babies.
I love, love my girls too, lulilu. It's total love from them.

Hi i'm new to the H section ;)

I just bought my first H - was wondering if anyone can confirm that the 2017 stamp is "A" and what the rest of the stamp numbers/letters mean?

TIA!

These are all craftsman's/atelier marks. If you have specific authentication related questions - please consider engaging a paid service. Thanks.

LOL, xiangxiang! I agree about the PotC franchise, but the film industry is so risk averse that they can't do anything but sequels and remakes right now.
As to talking like a pirate, just say "Arrrrrrrrr" a lot. And toss in threats about "walking the plank" occasionally. Also, pepper your conversation with exclamations like "Shiver me timbers!" You'll do fine.
If all else fails, wear an eye patch. :biggrin: