**Hermes Chat**

Aside from TPF, what site do you frequent the most? I'm trying to find other sources of information/hobby/entertainment as a new mom who can't nap when baby naps.

I'm guilty of TPF, IG and FB.. and apple news. I should go back to reading. What's a recent book you read that you loved?

I like to read The Cut, and I also like to read UK Daily Mail.

For a book, I read the book "Bad Blood" by John Carreyou, about Theranos, the blood testing company that claimed to have priority technology and that they could test for hundreds of diseases/conditions with "just one drop" of blood. It's very well written and reads very quickly. These days I don't really read that much for pleasure, since a huge chunk of my time at work is reading.

Reactions: hephephippo
Spotted . . . These Hermes inspired gift bags at the 99 Cent Only Store.

The gift bags come as a set of three. They have a gray looking set and a brick-red looking set. The bags come with metal chains.

I was wondering about your thoughts? Terrific or terrible?

View attachment 4672354 View attachment 4672355

Oh wow! I'm kind of conflicted...on one hand...I think it kind of looks like an H version of those Dior book totes (is it just me?), on the other hand, it might be a bit much.

eb3b7165b0c2cfe85ed4928331d54ce5.jpg

The gift bags come as a set of three. They have a gray looking set and a brick-red looking set. The bags come with metal chains.

These are hilarious! I would buy it. I remember my brother once bought a tote bag that has a Birkin printed on it, put it in an H orange box, and told me he bought me a Birkin. I was laughing so hard that the disappointment disappeared. Maybe I would use these paper bags for him or around him and ask if he likes my new Birkin.

Reactions: lcd_purse_girl

do you know traditional Chinese people burn this kind of paper luxury stuffs for those who passed away...?
They believed they could use them in other world..

I've been reading about the different cat breeds from time to time. There's a longhair breed called the "Ragdoll" b/c the cat just goes limp when it's held. And the cat follows the owner around from room to room. The breed is supposed to be super friendly, not aloof at all. What would it be like to have such a connected cat?

Anybody familiar with this breed of cat? I'm not getting one, just wondering what it would be like to be followed all day.
My daughter has a Persian/Ragdoll (Fiona) and it actually does this even though the cat is 1/2 Persian.... My 3 yr. old grandaughter is able to carry Fiona around like a baby doll because she goes limp...seriously.....it is the cutest thing ever. I'll find a pic and post.

Adorable. When I went to the San Diego zoo, it was a hot day and they were all sleeping in the shade of the trees, backs turned to us. They were enjoying the water misting on their backs. I was slightly jealous.
You went to the San Diego zoo? How great, I understand they have 20 koalas. Last month we went to the Palm Beach zoo, that had 2 koalas. They were eating then snoozing.
People are lucky who get to hold them for a photo-op. I saw a picture on the web of leaders like Pres. ***** holding one and it was obvious he was thrilled. I would love to go to Australia and see a national forest which had koalas on trees. Last week ABC news played a video made by a US vet while in Australia. A young female koala had lost it's mother (struck by a car) and was obviously grieving. The koala was handed a largish stuffed koala and it just glommed on to it like nobody's business.
https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/heartwarming-video-koala-stuffed-animal-69081912

I have read various time frames for 'how long does it take to make the Hermes X bag." The Birkin I have seen from anywhere from 18-40 hours and people on Youtube say 24, 32, all sorts of numbers. The Kelly I have read is 18-25 hours.
Does anyone actually have the answer to these questions, which bags take what time? Are there any bags that take much longer than a Birkin? If there is a thread already on this I would like to read it. Thank you!

You went to the San Diego zoo? How great, I understand they have 20 koalas. Last month we went to the Palm Beach zoo, that had 2 koalas. They were eating then snoozing.
People are lucky who get to hold them for a photo-op. I saw a picture on the web of leaders like Pres. ***** holding one and it was obvious he was thrilled. I would love to go to Australia and see a national forest which had koalas on trees. Last week ABC news played a video made by a US vet while in Australia. A young female koala had lost it's mother (struck by a car) and was obviously grieving. The koala was handed a largish stuffed koala and it just glommed on to it like nobody's business.
https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/heartwarming-video-koala-stuffed-animal-69081912

Thank you for the link! If I had the time, I would love to go to Australia as well and see all the wildlife and the beautiful landscapes.

We went to the San Diego zoo around Labor Day Weekend last year, it was so much fun. We don't have kids yet, but we still enjoyed it. If you haven't been yet, I highly recommend it. They don't have the pandas anymore (they are working on getting them again), but it's still worth visiting. The food scene in San Diego was really great too, we were pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: eagle1002us
I had purchased a vintage mini kelly from a vintage bag seller almost 6 months ago. I haven't worn it yet but wanted to get it authenticated and noticed some minor issues that I thought were strange. My date stamp looks double stamped and my branding O in the square doesn't really look like an O more of a zero. I took it to the Real Real in hopes of them helping me authenticate it but they informed me my bag didn't match brand guidelines because she was able to twist off one of the feet from my bag....The bag still has all plastics and covers...is anyone able to help me out? can I send this into hermes to fix?

Attachments

• hjhj.jpg
    hjhj.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 139
  • kk.jpg
    kk.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 138
  • yuh.jpg
    yuh.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 139
Aside from TPF, what site do you frequent the most? I'm trying to find other sources of information/hobby/entertainment as a new mom who can't nap when baby naps.

I'm guilty of TPF, IG and FB.. and apple news. I should go back to reading. What's a recent book you read that you loved?
I'm currently enjoying Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout. Her previous books are well worth reading as well.