**Hermes Chat**

I had purchased a vintage mini kelly from a vintage bag seller almost 6 months ago. I haven't worn it yet but wanted to get it authenticated and noticed some minor issues that I thought were strange. My date stamp looks double stamped and my branding O in the square doesn't really look like an O more of a zero. I took it to the Real Real in hopes of them helping me authenticate it but they informed me my bag didn't match brand guidelines because she was able to twist off one of the feet from my bag....The bag still has all plastics and covers...is anyone able to help me out? can I send this into hermes to fix?

You should have the bag professionally authenticated. I use Bababebi. Don’t take it to Hermès to be authenticated, because if it’s fake, they may confiscate and destroy the bag.

If it’s fake, you may be out of luck after so many months.

I had purchased a vintage mini kelly from a vintage bag seller almost 6 months ago. I haven't worn it yet but wanted to get it authenticated and noticed some minor issues that I thought were strange. My date stamp looks double stamped and my branding O in the square doesn't really look like an O more of a zero. I took it to the Real Real in hopes of them helping me authenticate it but they informed me my bag didn't match brand guidelines because she was able to twist off one of the feet from my bag....The bag still has all plastics and covers...is anyone able to help me out? can I send this into hermes to fix?
If the bag is not authentic, Hermes will not repair it. People can chime in on my next comment: I understand H destroys faux bags. Whether that would happen to you I don't know. But I think it's a risk to send it to H.

It seems a little late to contact the reseller, although others may recommend it. Or maybe you can "consign" the bag to the reseller who sold it to you b/c you "changed your mind"? Or, just carry the bag and consider it a learning experience.

That is concerning, if you send to Hermes it would likely be destroyed if they determine it to be fake because it’s illegal to send known counterfeits via mail etc.
Have you tried the authentication thread?

If the bag is not authentic, Hermes will not repair it. People can chime in on my next comment: I understand H destroys faux bags. Whether that would happen to you I don't know. But I think it's a risk to send it to H.

It seems a little late to contact the reseller, although others may recommend it. Or maybe you can "consign" the bag to the reseller who sold it to you b/c you "changed your mind"? Or, just carry the bag and consider it a learning experience.

Yup, my understanding is that H will keep and destroy the fake.

Can two different bags have the same date stamp and maker mark?
It’s against TPF rules to comment on authenticity questions. Doing so helps counterfeiting.

Research authenticators, make you choice, send pictures, pay the $ and learn from the situation. The time to engage an authenticator is before the purchase, not 6 months later. Most credit cards have a 90-day window to protest a charge. I fear you may be learning an $ lesson. If TRR says a bag won’t pass, there’s a significant chance you bought a fake.

I’m sorry if this seems harsh. But anyone who buys extremely desirable and often faked bags outside of Hermes really needs to conduct rigorous due diligence beforehand.

Thank you for the link! If I had the time, I would love to go to Australia as well and see all the wildlife and the beautiful landscapes.

We went to the San Diego zoo around Labor Day Weekend last year, it was so much fun. We don't have kids yet, but we still enjoyed it. If you haven't been yet, I highly recommend it. They don't have the pandas anymore (they are working on getting them again), but it's still worth visiting. The food scene in San Diego was really great too, we were pleasantly surprised.
You're welcome! One day we might surface in San Diego to check out those koalas!

If I buy something in a Hermes boutique, under my profile but my SO pays for it on his card, it would still count towards my overall spend, right? Most of the payments on this profile would be on my card, but there would be occasional gifts from him on his card. (This question came up because I read an article on ******** about Hermes using family members' profiles)

We generally do this in Dior, Chanel etc. when he is buying me a gift that I choose and there it's still my profile.

Maybe your SO can get another profile set up for himself. My husband and I both buy things under separate profiles but the items are just for me. The good thing with this is that we both get offered quota bags by our SA so that means double the quota! :smile:

Reactions: alwaysneedmorebags
I doubt H would let that bag be sold. Was it a clumsy repair?

Regarding corona virus transmission: how can people know who to stand 6 feet away from (in case they have the virus)?
Does anybody know whether the spread of the virus has slowed in China? I thought the new of new cases was down but I am not sure.
What is really weird is the so-called "community spread" of the virus which I gather means it spreads in some unknown way beyond sneezing.

I doubt H would let that bag be sold. Was it a clumsy repair?

Regarding corona virus transmission: how can people know who to stand 6 feet away from (in case they have the virus)?
Does anybody know whether the spread of the virus has slowed in China? I thought the new of new cases was down but I am not sure.
What is really weird is the so-called "community spread" of the virus which I gather means it spreads in some unknown way beyond sneezing.
Community spread means not directly linked to someone who travelled overseas. Where I live people have brought the virus back from Northern Italy and then spread it to family, friends and colleagues. All cases are accounted for that way. If someone contracts the disease but can't be linked to these "imported" cases we have moved to the community spread stage, not knowing exactly how someone caught the virus.

I saw a report that things have stabilized in China. My main sources other than my country's largest newspaper are the European CDC daily updates and the Johns Hopkins map. Others look at WHO and US CDC daily updates.

Johns Hopkins
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/85320e2ea5424dfaaa75ae62e5c06e61

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/current-risk-assessment-novel-coronavirus-situation

Community spread means not directly linked to someone who travelled overseas. Where I live people have brought the virus back from Northern Italy and then spread it to family, friends and colleagues. All cases are accounted for that way. If someone contracts the disease but can't be linked to these "imported" cases we have moved to the community spread stage, not knowing exactly how someone caught the virus.

I saw a report that things have stabilized in China. My main sources other than my country's largest newspaper are the European CDC daily updates and the Johns Hopkins map. Others look at WHO and US CDC daily updates.

Johns Hopkins
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/85320e2ea5424dfaaa75ae62e5c06e61

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/current-risk-assessment-novel-coronavirus-situation
Thank you very much, @Joeli7. Didn't the Chinese outbreak start sometime in December? If so then the outbreak ran about 3 months (of hell) before starting to settle down.

Thank you very much, @Joeli7. Didn't the Chinese outbreak start sometime in December? If so then the outbreak ran about 3 months (of hell) before starting to settle down.
Yeah, I think the first reports came out late last year. Hopefully most other countries will manage the outbreaks in such a way that things don't get completely out of hand. I do worry about the large countries like Russia that report very low numbers.

"Most of the koalas here were raised in captivity; many were abandoned or injured as babies and cannot be released into the wild. They spend their lives very much like koalas on the outside do: dozing in eucalyptus trees and occasionally gnawing on a few leaves before falling asleep again. Koalas are known as the sleepiest animals on the planet. (It turns out, that's not because they're stoned on eucalyptus all the time. They sleep between 18 and 22 hours a day because of their slow metabolic systems).

The result of all that inactivity and close proximity with humans is that they are game for a good cuddle. The koalas at Currumbin snuggle against your chest, lay their soft heads on your shoulder and close their eyes. . . If kangaroos represent Australia's brash side, then koalas epitomize Aussie cool. One cuddle with these Zen-like creatures, and you'll find your blood pressure dropping, your mind clearing and maybe a yawn or two escaping. Your laid back trip to Oz has just begun, mate."
Huff Post excerpt, "Cuddling a Koala in Australia" on web.

Geez, what am I missing? Gotta go there sometime.