Hermes cashmere coat

That date sounds about right, those buttons wouldn't have been before. Interestingly there's no AW03 showing on Vogue Runway. I'll check with work's digital archives and let you know if I find anything. I have a 6-ply orange cashmere sweater from the turn of the Millennium, the great thing with MM era is the pieces all work together from other seasons of the same era. Same goes for JPG era too (my favourite).

I don't find 2003 'old', I have plenty of 40, 50, 60, even 100 y o coats in my 'archive' that knock the sheen off anything new, even at H. Your coat is a real find among coats, just fabulous.
Yeah I’m quite new to Hermes. While I’m not the greatest fan of their bags I love their RTW and Shoes. So timeless and easy to match with other things and seasons.
You’re right „old“ is the wrong word. I’m not a native speaker, but what I’m trying to say is that the coat could be from this season or 20 years old it’s so timeless and you wouldn’t think it’s over 20 years old if that makes sense!

Yeah I’m quite new to Hermes. While I’m not the greatest fan of their bags I love their RTW and Shoes. So timeless and easy to match with other things and seasons.
You’re right „old“ is the wrong word. I’m not a native speaker, but what I’m trying to say is that the coat could be from this season or 20 years old it’s so timeless and you wouldn’t think it’s over 20 years old if that makes sense!

Hope I wasn't coming across as scolding, now I understand, you meant 'classic'. Sadly, many people use 'old' in a derogatory manner when old should just mean literally old (as in antique or vintage). I like classic and I like dated (easy to date). but I agree classic (which atm means Modern - a style that is itself a century old) is easier to work in with contemporary pieces. You will find Hermes RTW always tries to stay on the classic side of the extremes of trends, MM's so-called 'anti-fashion' aesthetic and constructivist-deconstructionist ideas were mediated by H in the best luxe fabrics and are outstanding pieces in their own right.

Hope I wasn't coming across as scolding, now I understand, you meant 'classic'. Sadly, many people use 'old' in a derogatory manner when old should just mean literally old (as in antique or vintage). I like classic and I like dated (easy to date). but I agree classic (which atm means Modern - a style that is itself a century old) is easier to work in with contemporary pieces. You will find Hermes RTW always tries to stay on the classic side of the extremes of trends, MM's so-called 'anti-fashion' aesthetic and constructivist-deconstructionist ideas were mediated by H in the best luxe fabrics and are outstanding pieces in their own right.
Yeah that’s what I was trying to say „classic“ is the right word. I’m definitely buying more Hermes RTW now it’s so chic

Now that the coat arrived I totally see what you mean!! The quality, cut and design is timeless and impeccable, so elegant. The coat just arrived to today and it’s in perfect condition.

Attachments

• IMG_7856.jpeg
    IMG_7856.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 101
Now that the coat arrived I totally see what you mean!! The quality, cut and design is timeless and impeccable, so elegant. The coat just arrived to today and it’s in perfect condition.
Hello, this is not MM era as the labels are different.... this is either Lemaire or Vanhee Cybulski. The labels AND the small strings for the hanging of the clothes, in this case white and navy are the telltale.... Beautiful coat!

Hi! My first post as I found purseforum looking for reviews. I was just looking at this exact coat in store last week and they are ordering my size. How have you found the wear? And is the white hard to keep clean? I’m realizing that with the leather buttons I can’t wash this the way I wash my other wool coats. Thanks so much for any help!
I tried on both the white and black version from last season (very similar coat, buttons are the same) and the black suits my lifestyle more. Mine has worn pretty well, I wear it casually and I don't baby it. Hasn't pilled and I haven't needed to clean it yet. I know it's different than a cream cashmere but wanted to give my input on the material.

I tried on both the white and black version from last season (very similar coat, buttons are the same) and the black suits my lifestyle more. Mine has worn pretty well, I wear it casually and I don't baby it. Hasn't pilled and I haven't needed to clean it yet. I know it's different than a cream cashmere but wanted to give my input on the material.
Thank you for the input. Very helpful.

Thanks everyone for your help on this thread — I pulled the trigger on a double-sided, baby cashmere wrap coat in Bleu Noir, which I believe is from last season. I’ve been looking for a black/deep navy coat for a long time, and this is the perfect combination.

This style came in a Size 32, but I tried it on and opted for 34.

View attachment 5980649
I have it in white and love it. Do you have a good dry cleaner you can trust to deal with the buttons? I need tips on finding such a dry cleaner!

• Thanks
Reactions: in_mybag
I have it in white and love it. Do you have a good dry cleaner you can trust to deal with the buttons? I need tips on finding such a dry cleaner!
I just picked it up yesterday so haven't had a chance to hunt for a good dry cleaner for this piece. It is my first piece of baby cashmere coat and I'm very impressed with the quality - the only other full cashmere coat I have is by Max Mara, which is also lovely.

Reactions: Letter