Hermes cashmere coat

@880 @lvmon Attaching some mod pics of the cashmere coat I finally (!!!) got to wear. This is a 34. I believe that the fabric is double-sided. The inside is noir, the outside is dark blue/navy. I think you can wear it loose but I prefer it belted - although that causes the fabric on the waist to fold a bit. Either way I absolutely love it!
@gogingercat, you wear it so well! Congratulations again and thanks for posting pictures.

@880 @lvmon Attaching some mod pics of the cashmere coat I finally (!!!) got to wear. This is a 34. I believe that the fabric is double-sided. The inside is noir, the outside is dark blue/navy. I think you can wear it loose but I prefer it belted - although that causes the fabric on the waist to fold a bit. Either way I absolutely love it!
Looks very lovely belted!

Reactions: cecchetti
Thats a very nice coat!! I really like the large pockets and the way it drapes it’s kinda similar to the one I posted here:
I was wondering if anyone who’s an expert on their Cashmere coats and collections in general, could tell which year or collection this navy blue and brown coat is from. I just got it on the second hand market, since it’s exactly what I wanted for a great price!! Thank you in advance and I hope I posted it the right way, I’m fairly new here and not a native speaker.

Attachments

• IMG_7810.jpeg
    IMG_7810.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 32
Thats a very nice coat!! I really like the large pockets and the way it drapes it’s kinda similar to the one I posted here:
I was wondering if anyone who’s an expert on their Cashmere coats and collections in general, could tell which year or collection this navy blue and brown coat is from. I just got it on the second hand market, since it’s exactly what I wanted for a great price!! Thank you in advance and I hope I posted it the right way, I’m fairly new here and not a native speaker.
@Brigitte.B , welcome :smile: I want to say Margiela who designed from 1997-2003
but I’m really no expert and could be completely wrong.

perhaps posting the interior label might jog some memories of others more knowledgeable

@maxroxxherhandbags, @papertiger, @Love Of My Life might know, so am tagging them :smile:

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags

It looks earlier than MM. If you show me the label and some stitching I should be able to tell you more.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
Def Martin Margiela era.

If you look at AW shows 1997-2003 you may find it in catwalk pics online (but not always)

I just checked online. The exact coat wasn’t in any of the shows for fall/winter but I’m pretty sure that’s it’s 2003 since the colors of the collection and the style with a lot of double face cashmere in blue and brown look very similar. I’ll post a picture of the coat when it arrives - it’s always so exiting to own a piece of fashion history that’s so old yet so timeless!!

I just checked online. The exact coat wasn’t in any of the shows for fall/winter but I’m pretty sure that’s it’s 2003 since the colors of the collection and the style with a lot of double face cashmere in blue and brown look very similar. I’ll post a picture of the coat when it arrives - it’s always so exiting to own a piece of fashion history that’s so old yet so timeless!!

That date sounds about right, those buttons wouldn't have been before. Interestingly there's no AW03 showing on Vogue Runway. I'll check with work's digital archives and let you know if I find anything. I have a 6-ply orange cashmere sweater from the turn of the Millennium, the great thing with MM era is the pieces all work together from other seasons of the same era. Same goes for JPG era too (my favourite).

I don't find 2003 'old', I have plenty of 40, 50, 60, even 100 y o coats in my 'archive' that knock the sheen off anything new, even at H. Your coat is a real find among coats, just fabulous.