Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

@etoile de mer I have not seen anything you have listed! :sad::sad:
We are watching new season (season 6) of Spiral, the French cop show. It's been very good!
We are also watching Legends with Sean Bean in it. Created by the same people who created Homeland.
And the new and the last season of the French/British series The Tunnel.
Some of the comedies you listed sounds interesting. I will see if I can find it.

Hi xiangxiang, thanks for the suggestions! :smile: I'm now remembering you mentioned Spiral in the past, and must look up the others, too! I think you have cable (or equivalent) and we don't, so seems we sometimes have different options. Of the ones I mentioned, I love The Durrells the most. We just watched the second episode of Jeeves and Wooster last night, hmm...was a bit dumb! But will give it a few more tries, love the jazz age, theme music, graphics and costumes. We started watching the 1966 surfer movie last night, too, called Endless Summer...so dated, and a bit dorky, but that's part of what makes it fun! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: chicinthecity777
I saw a few of The Tunnel episodes on PBS and found they really drew me in. Very suspenseful. The British dramas are great. Shetland, DCI Banks...

It is very brooding isn't it? But not overly so and still keeps the pace. The characters are very well developed. And has some beautiful shots of the areas around the tunnel in both countries. We are sad that we finished watching all episodes of it. No more ... :sad::sad:

Sounds good! We like so much of the British programming, we tend to seek it out. Sorry you've finished it, xiangxiang, hate when we've run through all episodes of something we love! :console: you know I look for opportunities to use this adorable emoji, love the hair tousling!

Last edited:
Hi xiangxiang, thanks for the suggestions! :smile: I'm now remembering you mentioned Spiral in the past, and must look up the others, too! I think you have cable (or equivalent) and we don't, so seems we sometimes have different options. Of the ones I mentioned, I love The Durrells the most. We just watched the second episode of Jeeves and Wooster last night, hmm...was a bit dumb! But will give it a few more tries, love the jazz age, theme music, graphics and costumes. We started watching the 1966 surfer movie last night, too, called Endless Summer...so dated, and a bit dorky, but that's part of what makes it fun! :biggrin:
We have Sky here so they have a TV box-set library. They put programmes in the library regularly and we download them. Some of them are on live TV and we record them to our box and watch them in one go or later. I will let you know if I find any of those shows you mentioned.

Reactions: etoile de mer
Sounds good! We like so much of the British programming, we tend to seek it out. Sorry you've finished it, xiangxiang, hate when we've run through all episodes of something we love! :console: you know I look for opportunities to use this adorable emoji, love the hair tousling!
You know I didn't even remember this emoji! It's so cute!
We spent some quality time with Harry over Christmas. He just loves the beach and the sea. He ran into the sea no problems and I was a bit scared of that though so I always called him back when I thought he might have gone a bit too far in. In-laws previous retriever was very scared of water the first time when they took him to the seaside so he was never brought to the seaside again.

What programs has everyone been enjoying? We’ve recently had fun with the following:

The Durrells in Corfu - season 2 via iTunes - Set in the 1930s. Love this endearing, funny, and quirky family, and the beautiful setting!

The Crown - season 2 via streaming Netflix - Enjoyed quite a lot, although not as keen on the Kennedy episode.

Arrested Development - via streaming Netflix - We’ve been re-watching the original series, so funny! If you’ve never seen it, start at the beginning, and try 5-6 episodes before deciding if it’s for you. Takes a bit for these wacky characters to be fully fleshed out!

Jeeves and Wooster - via Netflix discs - based on P. G. Wodehouse stories, and set in late 1920s UK. We’ve only watched one episode, but funny so far.

Father Brown - via streaming Netflix - Mysteries set in 1950s, English countryside. Fun, lighthearted, we enjoy the characters and setting.

And season 2 of Victoria will be available for us mid January (via iTunes), looking forward to watching! :smile:
Ok. Of all the shows you mentioned, I can only get Father Brown. It's been 6 seasons and I am surprised we never watched it. Just downloaded 1st episode of the season 6 for a trial viewing.
Some episodes of Victoria are available but not all and not in sequence. Weird!

We have Sky here so they have a TV box-set library. They put programmes in the library regularly and we download them. Some of them are on live TV and we record them to our box and watch them in one go or later. I will let you know if I find any of those shows you mentioned.

Ok. Of all the shows you mentioned, I can only get Father Brown. It's been 6 seasons and I am surprised we never watched it. Just downloaded 1st episode of the season 6 for a trial viewing.
Some episodes of Victoria are available but not all and not in sequence. Weird!

We get programs via Netflix and iTunes, and have access to Amazon Prime, but rarely use that. Too bad you could only find Father Brown, and the odd assortment of Victoria! Regarding Father Brown, he's a bit of a mysterious sleuth. We're part way into season 3, and have been told very little of his history. He's a bit quirky, but doesn't seem to have the angst and/or baggage so many of the fictional sleuths often have. At first it bugged me a bit, knowing so little about him, but he's grown on me now. It's very light mystery, all very neat and tidy!

Last edited:
You know I didn't even remember this emoji! It's so cute!
We spent some quality time with Harry over Christmas. He just loves the beach and the sea. He ran into the sea no problems and I was a bit scared of that though so I always called him back when I thought he might have gone a bit too far in. In-laws previous retriever was very scared of water the first time when they took him to the seaside so he was never brought to the seaside again.

I know, the console emoji is just so darling! :hbeat:

Regarding Harry, what a lucky boy! And so fun to have had quality time with your angel. Our golden Molly loved the ocean, too. Like you, it scared me when she was out a bit! Our surf can be pretty rough, and I worried she'd be pulled out too far! So being a worry-wart Mum :oh:, I'd only let her have so much fun, before we'd call her in. She absolutely loved digging in the sand, too! :smile:

What programs has everyone been enjoying? We’ve recently had fun with the following:

The Durrells in Corfu - season 2 via iTunes - Set in the 1930s. Love this endearing, funny, and quirky family, and the beautiful setting!

The Crown - season 2 via streaming Netflix - Enjoyed quite a lot, although not as keen on the Kennedy episode.

Arrested Development - via streaming Netflix - We’ve been re-watching the original series, so funny! If you’ve never seen it, start at the beginning, and try 5-6 episodes before deciding if it’s for you. Takes a bit for these wacky characters to be fully fleshed out!

Jeeves and Wooster - via Netflix discs - based on P. G. Wodehouse stories, and set in late 1920s UK. We’ve only watched one episode, but funny so far.

Father Brown - via streaming Netflix - Mysteries set in 1950s, English countryside. Fun, lighthearted, we enjoy the characters and setting.

And season 2 of Victoria will be available for us mid January (via iTunes), looking forward to watching! :smile:
Love AD. It’s still one of my favorites. Cracks me up every time!

Love AD. It’s still one of my favorites. Cracks me up every time!

Hi cilantro, we hadn't watched Arrested Development in years, and recently started the series again from the beginning. It's just so silly, and funny! :biggrin: After watching the first few, I thought maybe our tastes had changed, and then remembered it took a few more episodes to get up to snuff. Still so funny years later!

The others comedies we've recently enjoyed are The Good Place, and Episodes. Love all the characters in The Good Place, and Episodes is such a funny spoof on Hollywood!

Hi cilantro, we hadn't watched Arrested Development in years, and recently started the series again from the beginning. It's just so silly, and funny! :biggrin: After watching the first few, I thought maybe our tastes had changed, and then remembered it took a few more episodes to get up to snuff. Still so funny years later!

The others comedies we've recently enjoyed are The Good Place, and Episodes. Love all the characters in The Good Place, and Episodes is such a funny spoof on Hollywood!
Hello etoile!
I know right. It’s only when we start re-watching again and only then we will remember how much we loved it and still love it. Such an oldie but goodie. Yes, The Good Place and Episodes are so funny! :P