Hermes Bracelet or Scarf? First purchase dilema!

Scarf or Bracelet?

• Scarf

• Bracelet

• Your suggestion - please comment below

Results are only viewable after voting.
lol. Gotta love a "Nerd-Rocker!" Some of the guys around here have been rocking the bracelets. I say go for a leather bracelet, and if you can, add a clic clac. Hot look with both. Show us when you decide. Black. Keep it Black! Back in Black!!

Awwe thanks!:P

Nerd rocker as in..it seems like I just off school, don't have to change so I put on a tonne of jewlery (heavy spikes, studs, etc), accesory, and leather jacket. Basically like a uniform school boy :smile: of course I don't wear uniforms to school but it looks like that.

There are so many bracelets, it is fun to go and try a bunch on. I am partial to CDC and leather jewelry. Also have you thought of a belt? Agree though that it's a slippery slope and you'll eventually have both:smile:

Crusher, yes once at the top of the slide, there's no way down but to slide and as you go enjoy the ride.

Seriously, bracelet first and then a scarf. I don't know where you are located but it's hotter than blazes in so many regions. Bracelet would give immediate wearability, as others have mentioned. As fall or cooler temps arrive (or just before) begin scarf hunting. H makes wonderful pieces for men too, so don't overlook them. You may be a rocker now but H ties are wonderful. "Hubs" has converted and remarked every other tie is a sad attempt.

Back to the bracelets, why not a leather one? I find them easy to wear and don't clunk like enamels. Just a thought. Either way you go, it won't be your one and only H purchase. If you accomplish just one purchase in your life, let me know your secret or better yet start a support group. Have fun (and you will) shopping. . .

I vote for the scarf. But it's also because I think TF is absolutely stunning. I bought it in two colors (blue and orange) and can't get enough of it. I should also mention that I usually never wear shawls/scarves, but after buying this one, just can't stop. :smile:

I think it depends on what you fall in love with more. If it was another scarf, I might not feel as passionate about it, as opposed to say a CDC.

But as people have said, for your budget "limit," you can get two things. :smile:

I can second that statement lol ... still sliding here^

re: H for nerd-rocker @ 1K

Do you have a fav recording artist you are drawn too?

Can do both if you choose a gavroche to stack w/ a bracelet.

On other days you can wear the gavroche tied around your neck and the bracelet stacked with other accessories of choice. You will of course NEED the bad boy belt ;) for the rocker in you :P

I voted for a scarf. Of course, if there's a bracelet you want, by all means go for it!! Either way you can't lose!! You'll have both soon anyway, you know. Once you're on the slope, it's a pretty slippery slide!!

For a first purchase, which one would you choose?

I am new to the Hermes world, and have been a Louis Vuitton fanatic for the longest time. I am, however, very appreciative for Hermes' quality and craftsmanship. Therefore, I've decided to venture out into the world of Hermes with this first purchase.

I am a guy, and I mostly wear jewlery, scarves, bracelets, ring, just any accesory I can put on or stack on.

Would you go for a scarf first, or a H - clic clac bracelet?

I'm particularily looking at the 90 x 90 scarf ( black border w/ white tigers) or the gold hardware black (wide - not the thin one) clic clac bracelet.

I am also up for suggestions if you guys have any. My budget is not limited, but I don't want to spend so much on my first purchase so under 1K is reasonable for now.

Also, if you choose the H wide clic clac bracelet, which combo would you choose as a first purchase? I thought of black and gold hardware, but now to think of it, it seems like a safe but conservative route. Should I venture out into something outside the box given I can experiment little accessories? My favorite colors are red, gold, and anything eye - catching. Would a red/gold H bracelet be too much? I'm thinking of this as a classic piece that I will wear until it breaks...hopefully never. (For reference, I usually wear conservative clothes like a T-shirt and jeans, but I wear tons of chains, bracelets, necklaces to spice it up. I would consider my style as Nerd-Rocker if that makes any sense.)

I can second that statement lol ... still sliding here^

re: H for nerd-rocker @ 1K

Do you have a fav recording artist you are drawn too?

Can do both if you choose a gavroche to stack w/ a bracelet.

On other days you can wear the gavroche tied around your neck and the bracelet stacked with other accessories of choice. You will of course NEED the bad boy belt ;) for the rocker in you :P

I've actually decided my choice...I hope. I keep switching my choices though :tdown:

Favorite recording artist: Lady GaGa, and currently Florrie who is yet to be discovered. Yes, I know, mainstream for Lady GaGa, but I found her out before she exploded into superstar and believed in her ever since.

I've decided to get two things. Yes, two. Slippery slope indeed.

I've chosen to get the Kelly Dog bracelet, because it looks gorgeous, and the H bracelet, because it is iconic. I think the best choice right now is to go to the bracelet route because I tend to rotate bracelets less, as opposed to neck jewelry/accessories. I have many necklaces, scarves, and things like that and I never wear it twice. Bracelets however, I wear everyday and usually the same one(s).

Now the big question is, what colour and combination. Currently, I'm thinking of Black + GHW kelly dog because it looks stunning and classic, and my H bracelet can be my experimental piece, something a pop of colour or something fun. It can be vice versa though. (Although I'd like to have one that is Black + GHW because I'm buying an Artsy ring soon and it would look so nice together.) Any suggestions?

I hope my first Hermes experience will be good, because the past, all my LV experiences have been horrendous. I just want someone who is patient, willing to show me a lot, and doesn't discriminate me because I am a student who looks like they're in their teens...but not. (I'm 18)

Also, if anyone is wondering, I prefer the Kelly Dog because its more affordable, 500$ I think as opposed to the CDC which is 1000$. Price aside, I think the CDC is a little bit too loud and not as appealing to me, whereas the Kelly looks abit more conservative, but still equally as loud. I also have mixed feelings about the spikes on the CDC and the small ring in the middle. I think the Kelly Dog at this point makes me drool a lot more than anything (even the H bracelet to be honest)

Last edited:
No doubt you will need patience and trail and error to find personal fav.
With that said, can't go wrong w/ black and gold...
For more option, can get color w/ PHW, and/or mix metals to find personal look!

I've actually decided my choice...I hope. I keep switching my choices though :tdown:

I've decided to get two things. Yes, two. Slippery slope indeed.

I've chosen to get the Kelly Dog bracelet, because it looks gorgeous, and the H bracelet, because it is iconic. I think the best choice right now is to go to the bracelet route because I tend to rotate bracelets less, as opposed to neck jewelry/accessories. I have many necklaces, scarves, and things like that and I never wear it twice. Bracelets however, I wear everyday and usually the same one(s).

Now the big question is, what colour and combination. Currently, I'm thinking of Black + GHW kelly dog because it looks stunning and classic, and my H bracelet can be my experimental piece, something a pop of colour or something fun. It can be vice versa though. (Although I'd like to have one that is Black + GHW because I'm buying an Artsy ring soon and it would look so nice together.) Any suggestions?

I hope my first Hermes experience will be good, because the past, all my LV experiences have been horrendous. I just want someone who is patient, willing to show me a lot, and doesn't discriminate me because I am a student who looks like they're in their teens...but not. (I'm 18)

Also, if anyone is wondering, I prefer the Kelly Dog because its more affordable, 500$ I think as opposed to the CDC which is 1000$. Price aside, I think the CDC is a little bit too loud and not as appealing to me, whereas the Kelly looks abit more conservative, but still equally as loud. I also have mixed feelings about the spikes on the CDC and the small ring in the middle. I think the Kelly Dog at this point makes me drool a lot more than anything (even the H bracelet to be honest)