Hermes Bracelet or Scarf? First purchase dilema!

Scarf or Bracelet?

• Scarf

• Bracelet

• Your suggestion - please comment below

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's true that with a bracelet you love you may find yourself wearing it just about everyday. Scarf wear depends on other colors in the outfit, whether it's hot outside, whether you wore the scarf a gazillion times and are starting to tire of it. People will notice that the same scarf is being worn every day but for a bracelet, that's not a problem, it more easily becomes your "signature" piece.

Now, the tiger scarf will just be available for maybe another couple of months before it sells out. However, every season it seems there is a really "hot" scarf design so you'll probably always be tempted to buy something. Bracelet in your size can also sell out. I would guess the scarf would become unavailable first, but that's just my opinion.

Personally, I wear the bracelets much more than the scarves b/c it's so hot. Haven't worn a scarf for the last couple of months.

It's true that with a bracelet you love you may find yourself wearing it just about everyday. Scarf wear depends on other colors in the outfit, whether it's hot outside, whether you wore the scarf a gazillion times and are starting to tire of it. People will notice that the same scarf is being worn every day but for a bracelet, that's not a problem, it more easily becomes your "signature" piece.

Now, the tiger scarf will just be available for maybe another couple of months before it sells out. However, every season it seems there is a really "hot" scarf design so you'll probably always be tempted to buy something. Bracelet in your size can also sell out. I would guess the scarf would become unavailable first, but that's just my opinion.

Personally, I wear the bracelets much more than the scarves b/c it's so hot. Haven't worn a scarf for the last couple of months.

I agree, I feel like for scarves, I usually rotate alot with the ones I currently have. Moreover, I wear necklaces a lot and rotate between that as well, so scarves won't be used as frequently. The scarf that I was referring to is Tendresse Féline
Website: http://usa.hermes.com/woman/scarves...figurable-product-002184s-24800.html?nuance=9

I'm swayed towards the bracelet now, but the hard part is, what colour combo I should choose. Do Hermes usually carry a lot of variety of stock for clic clacs? The worst thing is to go there, see one or two bracelets in stock, and walk out empty handed. I live in Canada if that makes a difference.

With the summer weather like this I would recommend buying the bracelet first then scarf, since you will have more and immediate use out of it right after purchasing. I'm sure it's just a matter of what's first what's second, since I think you will end up buying both :graucho:.

For your reference, there's a Club thread for Clic Clac here:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-c...s-of-hermes-h-clic-clac-bracelets-345843.html

I voted for a scarf. Of course, if there's a bracelet you want, by all means go for it!! Either way you can't lose!! You'll have both soon anyway, you know. Once you're on the slope, it's a pretty slippery slide!!

:roflmfao: :true:

i would vote for a bracelet first though, and i think black GHW may be classic and "safe" but never boring! you will reach for this piece time and time again!

alternatively, the black GHW will always be around, so if you want to do a seasonal color, have you considered Royal Blue PHW or GHW? i think it's a stunning piece and i think can be unisex.
http://usa.hermes.com/jewelry/ename...h-3502.html?nuance=30&size_sized_jewellery=PM

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:
:roflmfao: :true:

i would vote for a bracelet first though, and i think black GHW may be classic and "safe" but never boring! you will reach for this piece time and time again!

alternatively, the black GHW will always be around, so if you want to do a seasonal color, have you considered Royal Blue PHW or GHW? i think it's a stunning piece and i think can be unisex.
http://usa.hermes.com/jewelry/ename...h-3502.html?nuance=30&size_sized_jewellery=PM

I have to agree with this, Royal Blue would look awesome for both men and women :heart: You can always get a black one, if you decide to get another color later :biggrin: Whenever I decide to go to the boutique to get myself a black clic clac I end up buying colors instead because I know I wont find them later. I only got black recently even though my addiction for clic clacs (among other H bracelets) started a couple of years ago ..

I agree, I feel like for scarves, I usually rotate alot with the ones I currently have. Moreover, I wear necklaces a lot and rotate between that as well, so scarves won't be used as frequently. The scarf that I was referring to is Tendresse Féline
Website: http://usa.hermes.com/woman/scarves...figurable-product-002184s-24800.html?nuance=9

I'm swayed towards the bracelet now, but the hard part is, what colour combo I should choose. Do Hermes usually carry a lot of variety of stock for clic clacs? The worst thing is to go there, see one or two bracelets in stock, and walk out empty handed. I live in Canada if that makes a difference.

I have seen the TF scarf in person (like, 3 cw's) and it was indeed gorgeous. Around the holidays, there should be a lot of clic clacs in stock. It's a bit of a wait until Xmas, tho, which might suggest you should buy TF and use the time between now and the holidays to think about the color of clic clac you want for a starter--b/c that's what these first purchases turn out to be, more often than not! (Been there). Do you wear a watch? Maybe get one that harmonizes with the watch. The stores are just getting in fall merchandise now, and to get one now might possibly mean you see a better one later. Or, just buy a particular color b/c it's a color that's favorite, not necessarily one that coordinates one way or the other with what you usually wear. I do not have a straightforward answer b/c I go through these dilemmas pretty often!

I have seen the TF scarf in person (like, 3 cw's) and it was indeed gorgeous. Around the holidays, there should be a lot of clic clacs in stock. It's a bit of a wait until Xmas, tho, which might suggest you should buy TF and use the time between now and the holidays to think about the color of clic clac you want for a starter--b/c that's what these first purchases turn out to be, more often than not! (Been there). Do you wear a watch? Maybe get one that harmonizes with the watch. The stores are just getting in fall merchandise now, and to get one now might possibly mean you see a better one later. Or, just buy a particular color b/c it's a color that's favorite, not necessarily one that coordinates one way or the other with what you usually wear. I do not have a straightforward answer b/c I go through these dilemmas pretty often!

I don't actually wear a watch, and I tend to wear gold toned jewelry so GHW would be the safest bet.

I think I'm going to choose the black and GHW since its more of a well-rounded and safe choice despite it being very conservative. I think the black background makes the gold H and trim pop more and looks classy at the same time. Perhaps I can always experiment other colours like Red + GHW on my next purchase ;) oh boy oh boy.

Do you know what the availability of the wide Black GHW would be considering it shouldn't be a seasonal color? If I go in, and they don't have it, would it be possible for them to order it for me? I might not want to wait for weeks and weeks and not even get a call from them (hearing stories with Birkins and Kellys and such where you're on the waitlist forever basically - and a month seems forever to me). I'm sort of the impatient kind where I buy it on the spot and the earlier the better.

I don't actually wear a watch, and I tend to wear gold toned jewelry so GHW would be the safest bet.

I think I'm going to choose the black and GHW since its more of a well-rounded and safe choice despite it being very conservative. I think the black background makes the gold H and trim pop more and looks classy at the same time. Perhaps I can always experiment other colours like Red + GHW on my next purchase ;) oh boy oh boy.

Do you know what the availability of the wide Black GHW would be considering it shouldn't be a seasonal color? If I go in, and they don't have it, would it be possible for them to order it for me? I might not want to wait for weeks and weeks and not even get a call from them (hearing stories with Birkins and Kellys and such where you're on the waitlist forever basically - and a month seems forever to me). I'm sort of the impatient kind where I buy it on the spot and the earlier the better.

Do you have an 800 number you can order from in Canada? I do not know what the ordering/store transfer policies are anymore. I am not sure H knows :graucho:
But this bracelet really should be far more available than a birkin or kelly! Doesn't Montreal have a department store that has an in-store boutique? I am blanking on the name 'cause I haven't been there in years. Neiman Marcus in Washington, D.C., also has an in-store Hermes boutique and I know they sell bracelets. They probably have a toll free number. Those might be alternatives if you can't get it locally.

I believe bracelet is an obvious choice for you. For one it's easier to pick and not hard to wear as an everyday accessories. But for scarf, for starter, you will have to pick one that you really like, and unless you're a scarf person, you will hardly wear them (especially summer time) and you will have to really really match with your outfits.

And there are so many way to wear scarf IMO, so before you can use time, You will probably spend a lot of time trying on different style and picking up outfits. I bought my first scarf a month ago and I still didn't have a chance to use it yet. But I'm sure you will own both and many of them in the future. :graucho::graucho::graucho:

For a first purchase, which one would you choose?

I am new to the Hermes world, and have been a Louis Vuitton fanatic for the longest time. I am, however, very appreciative for Hermes' quality and craftsmanship. Therefore, I've decided to venture out into the world of Hermes with this first purchase.

I am a guy, and I mostly wear jewlery, scarves, bracelets, ring, just any accesory I can put on or stack on.

Would you go for a scarf first, or a H - clic clac bracelet?

I'm particularily looking at the 90 x 90 scarf ( black border w/ white tigers) or the gold hardware black (wide - not the thin one) clic clac bracelet.

I am also up for suggestions if you guys have any. My budget is not limited, but I don't want to spend so much on my first purchase so under 1K is reasonable for now.

Also, if you choose the H wide clic clac bracelet, which combo would you choose as a first purchase? I thought of black and gold hardware, but now to think of it, it seems like a safe but conservative route. Should I venture out into something outside the box given I can experiment little accessories? My favorite colors are red, gold, and anything eye - catching. Would a red/gold H bracelet be too much? I'm thinking of this as a classic piece that I will wear until it breaks...hopefully never. (For reference, I usually wear conservative clothes like a T-shirt and jeans, but I wear tons of chains, bracelets, necklaces to spice it up. I would consider my style as Nerd-Rocker if that makes any sense.)

lol. Gotta love a "Nerd-Rocker!" Some of the guys around here have been rocking the bracelets. I say go for a leather bracelet, and if you can, add a clic clac. Hot look with both. Show us when you decide. Black. Keep it Black! Back in Black!!

I would vote for a bracelet as well. As a guy myself I am able to wear mine all the time. I have the CDC and Rivale now. A clic clac can go with so many outfits as well as many seasons.