Hermes boutique at Riverside Square Mall - Open for business??

I talked to one of the SAs in the shop a couple of days ago and they said that they were not taking names for Birkins at this store. Whatever they get in they just put on display and they cannot call anyone either. Sounds a bit strange.

As for the class of the clientele, I dont really see a difference between GSP and Paramus Park, Riverside and any of the malls there. One of my friends loves to shop in Bergen and everytime she takes me with her, I just feel very self-conscious that I am the only person in the darn mall with a H bag.

It isn't as much the class of clientele as it is a certain *element* I haven't encountered that same element in, for example, Short Hills Mall. Then again, Short Hills isn't filled with shops, attractions or food courts that would draw gangs of menacing teenage hoodlums. I feel that GSP has become too big to navigate, shopping there is not a pleasant experience, and I am happy, frankly, that *H* didn't open its boutique there. I've never shopped at Paramus Park or Bergen, so I can't comment. I have shopped at Riverside several times, though not recently, but I expect to remedy that on my next visit to the US.

Has anyone had a recent shopping experience with this location? I bought a few belt kits and a gold Evelyne, and my salesperson (forgot her name) was supposed to put me on the list of a Birkin. Never heard from her.

Has anyone had a recent shopping experience with this location? I bought a few belt kits and a gold Evelyne, and my salesperson (forgot her name) was supposed to put me on the list of a Birkin. Never heard from her.

I'm not a fan of this store. Don't waste your time building a relationship here-- you're better off going to NYC. You will never hear from anyone.

This is my mother's home store, so I cannot speak from personal experience, but I can relay some info to you. Most of the SAs of this boutique are lovely, but to get Birkins and Kellys you have to play games. According to my mom they need constant reminders (aka a lot of purchases) before you get a bag. This store has a lot of customers willing to fork over major cash on other items to get sent to the top of the waiting list. Perhaps follow up with the SA and stop by and buy a small item to remind her that you are still waiting? My mother's dream birkin magically appeared the day that she bought some new shoes and a dress...Hope this helps a bit.

This is my store. Even though I no longer live in the area, I will still drive there or call for a charge send of non-leather purchases, since this is where I have built up the majority of my purchase history. The assistant manager Deanna is very sweet and has always been my SA going back to 2008. She will encourage customers to patronize the brand generally, but this has never been an issue for me, as I seem to always want something other than a B or K, which she appreciates. The reminders are true... she has a book that she writes it all down in, but you do need to remind her nonetheless... HTH

This is my mother's home store, so I cannot speak from personal experience, but I can relay some info to you. Most of the SAs of this boutique are lovely, but to get Birkins and Kellys you have to play games. According to my mom they need constant reminders (aka a lot of purchases) before you get a bag. This store has a lot of customers willing to fork over major cash on other items to get sent to the top of the waiting list. Perhaps follow up with the SA and stop by and buy a small item to remind her that you are still waiting? My mother's dream birkin magically appeared the day that she bought some new shoes and a dress...Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the tips! I'm just wondering at this point if I should continue to build a relationship at this store or move onto another store (ex: NYC or Vegas)? I've probably spent around $4k total at Hermes over the years. I've heard that there's a $6k "open the vault" spend in Vegas, and I'm curious if this is pretty much a company wide policy.

Interestingly enough, after I purchased the Evelyne, I was put on the H mailing list. I've received a few catalogs in the mail. Does this mean anything?

I don't think that being on the catalog mailing list has a correlation to being offered a particular bag. I do recall purchasing a GM Evelyn, wallet, calvi and GM cashmere on one visit and my SA quietly offered me a 35 Kelly. So maybe there is something to the $6K spend on a visit. I think it all just depends and can be completely random. Good luck getting your bag!