Hermes boutique at Riverside Square Mall - Open for business??

*Lo, may I ask how one gets invited to something like the ribbon cutting ceremony? I'm just curious since obviously they didn't have an existing NJ client list to pull from, know what I mean? Or maybe I guess they did--from the Manhattan stores?

Cynthia I didnt get invited:shame:, I had been asking Sa's in Saks and LV for MONTHS when it was opening they all were always unsure. Until the wednesday before thanksgiving I was just out shopping and was in LV and asked my SA and she said TODAY, so I ran over and there was a mob scene, haha, so I got in line....I actually my first H bag a rose shocking jige elan I posted a story about it too. ;)

OH that's right! I remember your story, *Lo! You got the gorgeous Rose Shocking Jige!

Rose, what was the face for? Did I say something weird? What I meant was that there wasn't a current customer list OF that store--though of course I realize that there are plenty of NJ ladies who shop at H in the city! I was just wondering how (or really even IF) they put together a list of invitees for a grand opening. It just seems like this boutique has opened with a lot less fanfare than others as several people here expressed interest in knowing about it and it seems like they just sneaked the store open one day! LOL Just curiosity, really, I'm not asking for any particular reason.

OH that's right! I remember your story, *Lo! You got the gorgeous Rose Shocking Jige!

Rose, what was the face for? Did I say something weird? What I meant was that there wasn't a current customer list OF that store--though of course I realize that there are plenty of NJ ladies who shop at H in the city! I was just wondering how (or really even IF) they put together a list of invitees for a grand opening. It just seems like this boutique has opened with a lot less fanfare than others as several people here expressed interest in knowing about it and it seems like they just sneaked the store open one day! LOL Just curiosity, really, I'm not asking for any particular reason.

Lol, no...I am just in a huff (that's what my DH says when I do the 'sullen' look... which looks like that smilie) as I was not invited.... I do live in NJ... and was kind of hoping...

Cynthia you have NO idea, for as much fanfare there was for Riverside square mall (a pretty quiet mall), it was really quiet for an opening. Not TONS of people, but the people who were there meant business, lol. It wasnt a huge extravagnsa.

Rose I know exactly what you mean there was no publicity at all or much talk about certain dates of the opening, with me it was just being at the right place at the right time KWIM? Oh but there was a write up in the bergen record of the new store on the front page of the business section the day after.

Lol, no...I am just in a huff (that's what my DH says when I do the 'sullen' look... which looks like that smilie) as I was not invited.... I do live in NJ... and was kind of hoping...

Oh good, I was hoping I didn't offend! I just can't figure out who they DID invite, if not people like you! KWIM? I totally understand being in a huff at the moment, though, believe me. :P

*Lo, is that mall really small? It seems pretty high end, at least from its website. I haven't gotten over there yet but might try this week if I get a chance. As far as I'm concerned, the more H in the tristate area the better.

It still boggles my mind that there is NO Hermes of any sort sold in Westchester unless you count the approximately ten rather aged scarves sitting in the White Plains mall. :rolleyes: Crazy! This is the land of the two million dollar fixer upper, and we can't even buy a decent purse.

Cynthia I think its kinda small. They really are trying to turn it around and make it more of an exclusively high end mall, they got rid of stores like bebe and arden b and chico's and brought in cole haan, burberry and Hermes and really expanded the LV. It has two department stores Saks and bloomingdales, and the rest boutiques, and alot of resturaunts. Hermes store closes at 6PM tho, ugh! I went on friday and to my dismay they were already closed. I think they said they are going to try and stay opened until 7 during holidays

Cynthia I think its kinda small. They really are trying to turn it around and make it more of an exclusively high end mall, they got rid of stores like bebe and arden b and chico's and brought in cole haan, burberry and Hermes and really expanded the LV. It has two department stores Saks and bloomingdales, and the rest boutiques, and alot of resturaunts. Hermes store closes at 6PM tho, ugh! I went on friday and to my dismay they were already closed. I think they said they are going to try and stay opened until 7 during holidays

wow, that sucks that they close at 6PM. Do all mall Hermes do that also or is it just this one?

Cynthia I didnt get invited:shame:, I had been asking Sa's in Saks and LV for MONTHS when it was opening they all were always unsure. Until the wednesday before thanksgiving I was just out shopping and was in LV and asked my SA and she said TODAY, so I ran over and there was a mob scene, haha, so I got in line....I actually my first H bag a rose shocking jige elan I posted a story about it too. ;)

*Lo Is That Is So Cute ~ I Would Of Ran, Too!:yes: I Love What They Are Doing With That Mall. As For The Hermes Opening...I Think It's Great ~ It's Closer, For Those Who Doesn't Want To Shlep In The City:yes:

HAHA!!! Cynthia EVERYTHING in Begern County is closed on Sundays, blue something (light or collar IDK) laws. BOOO!!!

Yes 6PM does suck although it could be 7PM not sure I remember correctly