Hermes Barcelona

Thought i would add to this thread with just a description of my visits this week which were very brief. First one was on a Mon afternoon, walked in, was ignored for a while, although there were not many clients in the store, but then eventually an SA asked if I was looking for anything. No Calvi duos and she said they had gotten some bags (non quota) that morning but they had all been sold. She told me to come back the next day around noon, and that they were getting shipments but never knew what might be coming. Next to me, a very happy client was being delighted with a mini Lindy in Rose Sakura. I ended up coming back on a Friday at noon or so and the store was much busier. Walked about for 5 minutes or so, and various SAs either avoided making eye contact with me, or simply ignored me, even the ones who were not busy with a client. When I described this to DH (in contrast with SA behavior at Dior, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Loewe, which was the polar opposite), he asked me why I keep going back to H. Honestly, it's a reasonable question.
That being said, I did get the feeling that there might be "bag action" happening, as long as you were not invisible, like me!

Hi everyone,
New to the forum. Sharing my experience in late Oct 2021 at the H store in paseo de Gracia. I went in with my male friend, he bought two shoes and I asked about bags. I told the SA I was in town for my birthday which was the next day, and would really love a birkin. I filled in specifics for my wishlist and on my wayout, I mentioned I was open to exotics. My SA gave no assurance, but I got a call 40minutes later to come in and look at a birkin touch. I was still on the strip, went back into the store and was shown a b30 touch in Framboise togo/ matte Alligator with phw. I was over the moon, my first birkin purchase.

Hi everyone,
New to the forum. Sharing my experience in late Oct 2021 at the H store in paseo de Gracia. I went in with my male friend, he bought two shoes and I asked about bags. I told the SA I was in town for my birthday which was the next day, and would really love a birkin. I filled in specifics for my wishlist and on my wayout, I mentioned I was open to exotics. My SA gave no assurance, but I got a call 40minutes later to come in and look at a birkin touch. I was still on the strip, went back into the store and was shown a b30 touch in Framboise togo/ matte Alligator with phw. I was over the moon, my first birkin purchase.

how much was the touch? Just curious to know how much it is versus a “regular” B. Thanks.

Hi everyone,
Are you a local? I thought they had stopped doing non local wishlist. Congrats!! Sounds beautiful :smile: and happy belated birthday!!

I consider myself a semi-local as I have been shopping for Hermes in Barcelona for literally decades and I reside there now for part of the year. I am quite well known to the SAs and have purchased a few Birkins as well as a Lindy and some GPs there in the last three years ( as well as a wide assortment of many other things over the decades). But the last time I was in, which was early June 2022, and I asked about bags the SA, who definitely knows me, told me that bags in general are now just for locals! I was taken aback frankly. I know that the vast majority of their customers have always been non-Spaniards and the store was mobbed with non-Spaniards so I am not sure exactly who they sell their bags to. Probably if a person spends enough at a visit a bag will come.

Reactions: faab89 and nonotan
I plan to go to H Passeig de Gracia store in July. Any locals here may advise a nice SA or best time of week to go have a look? Im originally from Barcelona but i have been living in Asia for over 8 years, Shanghai first and now Singapore. Asia is very difficult to get a B/K and i have no interest in C. I only like their shoes/shawls/jewelry. I wonder if they will consider me a local since i have spanish passport and ES ID but im resident in Singapore lol I plan to take my b25 touch lizard with me to see if they pay more attention or if i am “invisible” lol hate going into H boutique. I so much prefer online shopping with them. Any tips from the locals will be highly appreciated!

I was there Oct 2022 with my husband. And I just had my Lululemon everyday bag as we were sightseeing all day and didn’t want to carry expensive stuff around. And they were still very helpful. And showed me some bag options. And I saw someone checking out a Geta and I told my SA I’d like to check out a Geta. He told me that was the only one they had. And read the body language of the client. He said if she wanted it, she would have bought it already. “It’ll be yours soon if she refuses it.” And sure enough, she refused and the victory was mine! I am unsure if they’d offer you a B or K or C if you’re not a local. But I don’t think it’d hurt to ask. I didn’t find the SAs to be too judgmental on what you wear or carry. As I was just in jeans and a t-shirt and On sneakers. Nothing flashy. I really liked the staff there. Good luck!!

I was there Oct 2022 with my husband. And I just had my Lululemon everyday bag as we were sightseeing all day and didn’t want to carry expensive stuff around. And they were still very helpful. And showed me some bag options. And I saw someone checking out a Geta and I told my SA I’d like to check out a Geta. He told me that was the only one they had. And read the body language of the client. He said if she wanted it, she would have bought it already. “It’ll be yours soon if she refuses it.” And sure enough, she refused and the victory was mine! I am unsure if they’d offer you a B or K or C if you’re not a local. But I don’t think it’d hurt to ask. I didn’t find the SAs to be too judgmental on what you wear or carry. As I was just in jeans and a t-shirt and On sneakers. Nothing flashy. I really liked the staff there. Good luck!!
Thank you dear! Will keep you posted ~

Reactions: chromemilou
Hello! Can anyone share what the process is for quota bags for local residents in Madrid and Barcelona? Can a wish be submitted so you are contacted when a bag in the specs comes in (like in the UK)? Or is there an expectation of pre-spend/building a relationship? Thank you!

Hello! Can anyone share what the process is for quota bags for local residents in Madrid and Barcelona? Can a wish be submitted so you are contacted when a bag in the specs comes in (like in the UK)? Or is there an expectation of pre-spend/building a relationship? Thank you!
No need for pre spend in BCN from my last time I was offered a black box Constance 18 PHW (2022). Regular visits and the fact they know you are a local (they can only make a “wish” if you have a Spanish ID or visa) along with patience are major factors that help with a wish.

Reactions: Hellokattyx0x
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share with you my recent visit in Spain as I searched “Spain Tourist’s Wishlist” before heading to Spain in September this year and this thread came up and was very helpful for me. I had no hope but tried to take a chance since it is my first time visiting Spain and when I went to Italy in 2019, I was NOT interested in Hermes bags so didn’t even try anything other than scarves and shoes etc.

My schedule was Madrid in/ Madrid out. Madrid: SAs in both Madrid stores were very kind and I didn’t have to wait for a long time to see them. The store close to Atocha (C/Sevilla) - I got some items I needed, their stock was low. They didn’t let me put my name on the tourist wishlist when I mentioned it. No explanation.

A couple of days later, visited the one in the luxury brands shopping area and I got the chance to talk to SA who was getting trained and when I mentioned the tourist wishlist, she could help but less likely get a chance. I aimed for the Constance over B/K because she said Constance is a quota bag in Spain and so as my local store. I have not put Constance as my wishlist in my local store.

Barcelona: A couple of days later, I went to Barcelona Hermes store, waited over 30 mins to see one of SAs (quite busy) and when I mentioned the Tourists’ wishlist, he said he had no insight as he was not in charge of the leather department. He asked his colleague to help me but the answer was “no, there are over 8000 local people waiting for the bags and you won’t get any chance, sorry” and left. I totally understand that local customers first however it was very natural that I was disappointed. I just grabbed some small stuff and left the store.
(I do know the wishlist only can be created with one bag in the country but I wanted to just talk about it and wanted to know the process more but didn’t get a chance to talk in Barcelona store)

I went back to Madrid on the 14th day I put my name on. The SA who helped putting my name on the wishlist was not there but another nice and beautiful SA helped me and in the end, took a look at the stock availability for me and she said C18 in Epsom is too popular but they had something they could offer and she brought C18 Gold on Gold in Swift leather! Not exactly what I wanted but when I saw it in person, I had to take it!!

Hope everyone also keeps trying and good luck

Last edited: