Heritage Luxury Accessories Holiday Auction – Hermes Highlights

Thank you very much ! Can you believe the poudre kelly its from 1992 ? It has been taken care of impeccably ! It's really amazing how finely they age :smile: The silver mini kelly has a sterling chaine d'ancre shoulder strap ! I would wear it as a necklace ;) It's actually a bit bigger than it seems - here is a picture of me wearing it !

:heart:

All of these bags are just jaw-dropping. They are truly one-of-a-kind and the craftsman who made them had to have been extraordinarily proud of their work. Magnificent!

Hi Rachel, I apologize for the rookie question. But if we place a bid online, and then there is a live auction, how do the bids compete against each other? Isn't there an advantage to live bidding because someone else can always just outbid an online bid because the deadline is sooner? Sorry so clueless, but there are a number of items I am interested in.

Also, is there a number we can call to ask questions? I am wondering what year stamp some of the bags are.

Thank you!

Hi Rachel, I apologize for the rookie question. But if we place a bid online, and then there is a live auction, how do the bids compete against each other? Isn't there an advantage to live bidding because someone else can always just outbid an online bid because the deadline is sooner? Sorry so clueless, but there are a number of items I am interested in.

Also, is there a number we can call to ask questions? I am wondering what year stamp some of the bags are.

Thank you!

Not a rookie question at all ! I know that the process can be confusing.

Prebidding began November 4th. People can place bids online now and the last bid that the item is listed at when prebidding closes 48 hours before the start of the auction is called the opening bid during the live auction. For example, if a Birkin had a starting bid of $1 and it was bid up to $10 during the prebidding period, the first bid at the live auction would have to be one increment above $10, or $11. If no one bids during the live auction, then the winner is the person that made the $10 bid during the prebidding period.

This makes it more desirable to bid during the actual auction as u have the advantage of countering other bids that are placed. This is why we have something called "maximum bid". When you place a bid online, you can bid at a higher number than the minimum next increment. For example, a Birkin opens at $1 and you place a maximum bid of $10. Online, it says that the Birkin has a current bid of $2, because this is one increment above the prior bid and the amount you would have to pay if one one else bids. If someone comes along and bids $3, the computer will automatically bump your bid to $4, one increment above their bid. The system will continue doing this until it has reached your maximum bid. Your maximum bid is preserved after prebidding is over. For example if your Max bid is $10 and the auction opens with the item listed at less than that, the auctioneer will bid on your behalf until reaching your maximum bid.

I know it sounds very confusing and I am happy to explain it further if there is anything you don't understand.

http://www.ha.com/c/ref/faq.zx?ic=Tab-FAQ-041408 -
This link shows frequently asked questions that might explain it better than I have.

You may email me at [email protected] and I can tell you the date stamps for the bags.

Good luck ! Please let me know if this helps :smile:

Prebidding began November 4th. People can place bids online now and the last bid that the item is listed at when prebidding closes 48 hours before the start of the auction is called the opening bid during the live auction. For example, if a Birkin had a starting bid of $1 and it was bid up to $10 during the prebidding period, the first bid at the live auction would have to be one increment above $10, or $11. If no one bids during the live auction, then the winner is the person that made the $10 bid during the prebidding period.

This makes it more desirable to bid during the actual auction as u have the advantage of countering other bids that are placed. This is why we have something called "maximum bid". When you place a bid online, you can bid at a higher number than the minimum next increment. For example, a Birkin opens at $1 and you place a maximum bid of $10. Online, it says that the Birkin has a current bid of $2, because this is one increment above the prior bid and the amount you would have to pay if one one else bids. If someone comes along and bids $3, the computer will automatically bump your bid to $4, one increment above their bid. The system will continue doing this until it has reached your maximum bid. Your maximum bid is preserved after prebidding is over. For example if your Max bid is $10 and the auction opens with the item listed at less than that, the auctioneer will bid on your behalf until reaching your maximum bid.

I know it sounds very confusing and I am happy to explain it further if there is anything you don't understand.

This link shows frequently asked questions that might explain it better than I have.

You may email me at [email protected] and I can tell you the date stamps for the bags.

Thank you!! This is very helpful! Could you please link to the past auction results so that I can get a better sense of trading prices? Are they usually higher than the estimates? Thank you!

Thank you!! This is very helpful! Could you please link to the past auction results so that I can get a better sense of trading prices? Are they usually higher than the estimates? Thank you!

Sure !

Here is a link to the April 2012 Auction: http://jewelry.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=776+790+231+4294954833

Dec 2011 Auction: http://jewelry.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=776+790+231+4294955745

We expect the auction results to fall within the estimates. However there are definitely times when it falls below the low estimate or even sky rockets above. We do price the items to sell ! :smile:

TPFers - I want to invite you to join Heritage Luxury and me at the Dallas reception and preview for our 2012 Holiday Auction. The reception is tomorrow, November 29th from 6-8pm at Heritage Auctions Design District Annex, 1518 Slocum Street, Dallas, TX. The preview will also be open on Friday Nov 30 10am-6pm, Saturday Dec 1 10am-6pm, Sunday Dec 2 10am-4pm and Monday Dec 3 10am-6pm. Please RSVP to [email protected] and remember to say you were invited by Rachel on Purseforum ;) !!! I am looking forward to seeing you there. For more information, you can email me at [email protected] or see the Facebook invite https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...30159355.45041.164123627009702&type=1&theater

I was at the preview in NY in mid Nov. and spoke with you. I also spoke with Matt who was very knowledgeable and helpful. This was amazing and very educational. Am I correct that the Buyer's Premium is paid by buyer and is an aditional 25% of the sales price and is above whatever a buyer's winning bid is?????? So if I bid and win the bag for my price, I then pay a 25% extra on my winning bid? Then there are of course my state taxes on top of all of this cost. If I have the winning bid at 100k, then I really pay 125k plus additional state tax. Am I correct?

prettychic said:
I was at the preview in NY in mid Nov. and spoke with you. I also spoke with Matt who was very knowledgeable and helpful. This was amazing and very educational. Am I correct that the Buyer's Premium is paid by buyer and is an aditional 25% of the sales price and is above whatever a buyer's winning bid is?????? So if I bid and win the bag for my price, I then pay a 25% extra on my winning bid? Then there are of course my state taxes on top of all of this cost. If I have the winning bid at 100k, then I really pay 125k plus additional state tax. Am I correct?

I am so glad we got to meet in New York ! Yes you are correct about the buyers premium, however The 25% is only up to $50,000. From $50,000 to $1,000,000 it is 20%. Also there is only tax if you ship the item to Texas New York or California, which is where we have offices. Please let me know if this helps ! Thanks

Rachel

Here are some photos from the Dallas preview ! Come visit us 10am-6pm Friday -Monday 1518 slocum street, Dallas !!

Attachments

• image-1021948715.jpg
    image-1021948715.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 408
  • image-2457082264.jpg
    image-2457082264.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 395
  • image-18957113.jpg
    image-18957113.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 409