HELP!! Trying to decide between M/L & Jumbo on me!

Which is your bet for me?

• M/L Classic Flap - Lambskin

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Jumbo Classic Flap - Lambskin

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • M/L Classic Flap - Caviar

Votes: 46 39.3%
  • Jumbo Classic Flap - Caviar

Votes: 39 33.3%

• Total voters
jumbo caviar.. i tend to think long term benefits ( less scratches/slouching/creases; better resale value).. also although looks wise it would seem that m/l is versatile, i dont think it is in terms of ability to carry items which is what a bag is for . i like the option to carry more rather than be forced to downsize absolutely..but if u need an occasion bag only that's the m/l for sure..imo

no worries, whatever you choose, have fun and enjoy it being the most important thing. can't be wrong if you love it. :yes:

I don't remember coco's bag size for sure as I recall reading it in article and it was mentioned but I just can't remember/locate it. however, looking at the pictures attached here in proportion to her frame, it would appear that the bag is either in size 225 or 226 IMO. I am guessing more likely 225 but not sure. 227 is equivalent to a jumbo and that bag in the photos looked way too small to me to be a jumbo...
View attachment 3407864 View attachment 3407872

Very informative. Thanks for the pictures!

I'm not so sure tying the bag on the chain on the jumbo inside especially lambskin is a good idea. When you fill it it will get heavy. This is how I see it. Jumbo 9-5, M/L 24/7. If you plan to use it as a work handbag jumbo in Caviar would be great with the double strap. Secondly it depends upon your personality. Many don't mind bags getting marked up or losing their shape, while others prefer to keep their bags looking like new. Only you know what type you are. Maybe you should get both!!:smile:

Yeah! I wish I wish I could get both at the same time!

After taking a peek at your mod pics, my initial concern is that the drop on the jumbo worn single strap (or cross-body) falls too long on you for your petite frame. You already know me, I am jumbo-classic-flaps Gal all the way! :P However, having seen your mod shots and knowing more about your collection, plus taking into account our previous conversation RE: the Canadian dollar, I personally voted on the M/L in caviar leather for you. Although you also know my ADORATION for lambskin (and jumbo CFs, lol) one thing I inadvertently failed to mention to you was that my 1st (and 2nd!) classic flaps are both in caviar leather (chevron caviar, but caviar nonetheless). It was not until I became more comfortable with having a classic flap, in general, that I felt comfortable enough to invest in lambskin classic flap territory. In fact, I purchased a lambskin wallet first, definitely to satisfy that lambskin "fix", but also as a lesser "risk" option than diving straight, 100% into jumbo lambskin classic flap LOVE (You Go Girl, dear "ceedoan"!! :nuts::smile:) Well, as you know my story, the rest is history and I do not regret purchasing my jumbo lambskin CFs ever since. However, I do know how difficult this decision has been for you. We all have our own unique Chanel journey. I wonder if the decision would feel less stressful for you if 1) the price point was slightly lower (M/L) and 2) the durability of the leather slightly higher (caviar leather)? The last thing this experience should be for you is one that is keeping you up at night and causing great distress. And it is for your birthday to boot!! A VERY special day, indeed! ✨ All in all, my humble opinion, as I have enjoyed getting to know you a bit better via an earlier thread you posted. Please do keep us posted on your decision. And I am sure this includes many when I say, I cannot wait to share your joy through a Reveal thread! :smile:
Take good care...

I like the Jumbo on you.

wow!
After taking a peek at your mod pics, my initial concern is that the drop on the jumbo worn single strap (or cross-body) falls too long on you for your petite frame. You already know me, I am jumbo-classic-flaps Gal all the way! :P However, having seen your mod shots and knowing more about your collection, plus taking into account our previous conversation RE: the Canadian dollar, I personally voted on the M/L in caviar leather for you. Although you also know my ADORATION for lambskin (and jumbo CFs, lol) one thing I inadvertently failed to mention to you was that my 1st (and 2nd!) classic flaps are both in caviar leather (chevron caviar, but caviar nonetheless). It was not until I became more comfortable with having a classic flap, in general, that I felt comfortable enough to invest in lambskin classic flap territory. In fact, I purchased a lambskin wallet first, definitely to satisfy that lambskin "fix", but also as a lesser "risk" option than diving straight, 100% into jumbo lambskin classic flap LOVE (You Go Girl, dear "ceedoan"!! :nuts::smile:) Well, as you know my story, the rest is history and I do not regret purchasing my jumbo lambskin CFs ever since. However, I do know how difficult this decision has been for you. We all have our own unique Chanel journey. I wonder if the decision would feel less stressful for you if 1) the price point was slightly lower (M/L) and 2) the durability of the leather slightly higher (caviar leather)? The last thing this experience should be for you is one that is keeping you up at night and causing great distress. And it is for your birthday to boot!! A VERY special day, indeed! ✨ All in all, my humble opinion, as I have enjoyed getting to know you a bit better via an earlier thread you posted. Please do keep us posted on your decision. And I am sure this includes many when I say, I cannot wait to share your joy through a Reveal thread! :smile:
Take good care...

Thanks thanks! Yeah! The chain of the jumbo is so long for me so I would definitely not carry it crossbody if it's going to be my bag. I did mention this in my post. I just attached my pic so you'll have a clear view of the size on me. But definitely for Jumbo it will be doubled up and for the medium singled. The decision is very hard specially for your very first chanel flap... Hope I could just see the bag together and pick but in our boutique there's a waiting list so you can't have them both at the same time to pick what's best.

Because I love black, the jumbo is an amazing size that fits enough, I think the classic flap looks best in the jumbo size, and I like the way jumbo looks when double chained. Also I am not a fan of the classic flap worn crossbody or on the single chain, double chain looks so much better in my opinion.

Also i prefer caviar over lambskin because I like textured leather but if you like lambskin then you can go for that too! (I have lambskin products and they've held up beautifully.)

Last edited:
I use my jumbo alot. We would be the same height and size, and could pull both off :smile:
The m/l is used more when I'm out at a dinner or a casual outing in which I don't need to carry many things. I only wear the m/l with the long strap, never doubled.

Have a think about what you would really use both bags for. Goodluck!

jumbo caviar.. i tend to think long term benefits ( less scratches/slouching/creases; better resale value).. also although looks wise it would seem that m/l is versatile, i dont think it is in terms of ability to carry items which is what a bag is for . i like the option to carry more rather than be forced to downsize absolutely..but if u need an occasion bag only that's the m/l for sure..imo

this pretty much sums up how I feel as well. I own multiple jumbos and only 1 m/l and I use my jumbos far more regularly than my m/l. Both sizes look great on you though! good luck deciding!

I think both Sizes fits. Now it really depends on what you wana have in there.
M/L can't fit much, though it looks pretty decent n chic , but I went for Jumbo, coz I dun like to squeeze my stuff.
( I'm starting to dislike my OLd Medium Boy for this reason ).
Caviar or Lamb, again, both works.
I have the Lamb.. and thing about Lamb is, it's LUSH and when you carry it, remember, don't think of babying it too much.
Don't let the bag stress you. You pay way too much for such a Stress.
Caviar is nice and easy to carry, but abit to Stiff for my liking.
It's a personal choice. Coz at the end of the day, remember, You carry the Bag, Don't let the Bag weigh you down.
And if you ever intend to carry the Jumbo single strap, you may need to tie and connect the chains on the inner part ( go chk on Youtube on how to get it done )

Whatever you choose in the end, it's a great choice. The Classic is truly a Classic.

I actually like the jumbo on for frame double strapped of course. It looks good on you in the medium size single strap. What do you need it for? If its a day time bag Jumbo for sure. If you will carry it on occasion M/L is the right size...HTH...

I have a Jumbo I take it when I need to carry my sunglass case and make up case. My medium I actually carry more often as its lighter and I rarely step out with too many things. Its usually phone, small card care and some cash, an ID.... Good for night out as well.

Good luck on deciding.. I know its hard... Thats why I ended up with Both the Jumbo and the M/L!!!

Can you guys help me decide which size looks great on me? For the jumbo, I prefer to only wear it double straps and for the M/L, I prefer to wear it only single strap. I'm kinda decided with the color and hardware, Black with GHW, but still undecided also on the leather. I've been thinking about this for quite a few days now... I'm really having a hard time deciding... And don't forget to cast your votes in the poll!

Right now I already own a vintage camera tassel bag and a GST.

Thanks girlfriends!

Looking forward to all your responses!
hey!! can i ask you where you're located?! I'm looking for the beige classic flap! and i say both looks good on you! but the jumbo is a better value I'm my opinion! good luck!