HELP!! Trying to decide between M/L & Jumbo on me!

Which is your bet for me?

• M/L Classic Flap - Lambskin

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Jumbo Classic Flap - Lambskin

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • M/L Classic Flap - Caviar

Votes: 46 39.3%
  • Jumbo Classic Flap - Caviar

Votes: 39 33.3%

• Total voters
I'm another one who prefers the jumbo on you (only double strapped). You also look great in the m/l (both single and double strapped) and it has versatility for day and evening, but the jumbo double strapped seems to fit you the best (very sophisticated and upscale looking when worn that way). For some reason, the m/l looks more like a smaller evening bag than a day bag on you. If you plan to use it primarily for day then I'd definitely go with the jumbo. Finally, I think lambskin is to die for. But, again, if you plan to use this bag every day, then you might want to go with caviar. And black with gold hardware is classic Chanel. You can't go wrong there.

Reactions: Susy Wang
The jumbo. I have M/L and Jumbo in different leathers and colors, and if it is a bag you plan to use a lot definitely for for jumbo in black caviar. If it is for dressy occasions only, get the M/L in black lambskin.

Reactions: Fab41
jumbo looks overwhelming on your frame. M/L looks just perfect. also to consider: black and gHW combo is pretty eyecatching, so if you're the type that "hesitate to wear it" because it's to loud. then getting that color combo in Jumbo likely means it'll end up more in your closet than on you.... I know it's all about personal preference and there were many survey/votes done here between the 2 sizes where they're close but jumbo seems to win so I've seen it positioned as the one to get. however, I feel that it has to be the size that work for you, and also to me, M/L is the classic choice as Coco Chanel's bag was definitely not the jumbo size, but rather in the reissue style more closely resembling the M/L size of the timeless classics style.
looking at the pics, if your thought is that Jumbo you can cross body whereas M/L cannot.. then I would ask you to consider how you feel about the way the jumbo bag was hanging on your body while cross body to see if that's even a consideration point. it looks like it was hanging so low that it may not be comfortable?
I'm 5'8" and jumbo while cross body still feels low to me on my body.... and heavy... so though I know it seems to be the more popular model generally, I rarely use my timeless classic styled jumbos; I use my jumbo sized seasonal bags (lighter weight - single flaps) slightly more often when I need to carry more; and 85% or more i'm using my M/Ls or smaller. I think if I need a "large" bag for capacity, I would get a messenger or tote vs. jumbo. for me, Jumbo is beautiful and eyecatching, but not practical for my preference but I don't carry lots around at all.

good luck!

I'm another one who prefers the jumbo on you (only double strapped). You also look great in the m/l (both single and double strapped) and it has versatility for day and evening, but the jumbo double strapped seems to fit you the best (very sophisticated and upscale looking when worn that way). For some reason, the m/l looks more like a smaller evening bag than a day bag on you. If you plan to use it primarily for day then I'd definitely go with the jumbo. Finally, I think lambskin is to die for. But, again, if you plan to use this bag every day, then you might want to go with caviar. And black with gold hardware is classic Chanel. You can't go wrong there.

Wow! That's very detailed :smile: thanks so much for your advice!

jumbo looks overwhelming on your frame. M/L looks just perfect. also to consider: black and gHW combo is pretty eyecatching, so if you're the type that "hesitate to wear it" because it's to loud. then getting that color combo in Jumbo likely means it'll end up more in your closet than on you.... I know it's all about personal preference and there were many survey/votes done here between the 2 sizes where they're close but jumbo seems to win so I've seen it positioned as the one to get. however, I feel that it has to be the size that work for you, and also to me, M/L is the classic choice as Coco Chanel's bag was definitely not the jumbo size, but rather in the reissue style more closely resembling the M/L size of the timeless classics style.
looking at the pics, if your thought is that Jumbo you can cross body whereas M/L cannot.. then I would ask you to consider how you feel about the way the jumbo bag was hanging on your body while cross body to see if that's even a consideration point. it looks like it was hanging so low that it may not be comfortable?
I'm 5'8" and jumbo while cross body still feels low to me on my body.... and heavy... so though I know it seems to be the more popular model generally, I rarely use my timeless classic styled jumbos; I use my jumbo sized seasonal bags (lighter weight - single flaps) slightly more often when I need to carry more; and 85% or more i'm using my M/Ls or smaller. I think if I need a "large" bag for capacity, I would get a messenger or tote vs. jumbo. for me, Jumbo is beautiful and eyecatching, but not practical for my preference but I don't carry lots around at all.

good luck!

Hi! Yeah! I wouldn't want to wear the jumbo like a crossbody. Actually, am not really a crossbody type of girl :smile: i could just wear the jumbo single strap like a shoulder bag only when the straps are tied on the inside of the bag. I don't know if this could dent the bag. Thanks so much for your input. I would keep that in mind. Is Coco Chanel's bag the reissue 226 or 227? Anyway, i appreciate your insight. Thanks!

Hi! Yeah! I wouldn't want to wear the jumbo like a crossbody. Actually, am not really a crossbody type of girl :smile: i could just wear the jumbo single strap like a shoulder bag only when the straps are tied on the inside of the bag. I don't know if this could dent the bag. Thanks so much for your input. I would keep that in mind. Is Coco Chanel's bag the reissue 226 or 227? Anyway, i appreciate your insight. Thanks!
I'm not so sure tying the bag on the chain on the jumbo inside especially lambskin is a good idea. When you fill it it will get heavy. This is how I see it. Jumbo 9-5, M/L 24/7. If you plan to use it as a work handbag jumbo in Caviar would be great with the double strap. Secondly it depends upon your personality. Many don't mind bags getting marked up or losing their shape, while others prefer to keep their bags looking like new. Only you know what type you are. Maybe you should get both!!:smile:

no worries, whatever you choose, have fun and enjoy it being the most important thing. can't be wrong if you love it. :yes:

I don't remember coco's bag size for sure as I recall reading it in article and it was mentioned but I just can't remember/locate it. however, looking at the pictures attached here in proportion to her frame, it would appear that the bag is either in size 225 or 226 IMO. I am guessing more likely 225 but not sure. 227 is equivalent to a jumbo and that bag in the photos looked way too small to me to be a jumbo...
f95a588c4538e09fb396448d9774354e.jpg Coco-Chanel-reissue-255-flap-bag-1.jpg