Help me sticky outside/inside pocket on LV Purse...

So good to know about the Goo Gone! I actually have some in my trunk that I used for sap on my car! My Petit Bucket cosmetic pouch got sticky-stained from the inside of my bucket...going to try the Goo Gone (now that the bucket has been relined!) I wil let you know it it does the trick!

I just received a vintage Danube with this problem today. It was from Japan and both the inside and outside pocket was disgustingly sticky and if you touched it, a dark brown sticky stain would get on your skin. I didn't have Goo Gone, so I bravely tried nail polish remover and that actually worked really well! I can't believe I put large amounts of nail polish remover on an LV bag, but something needed to be done! I am surprised it worked so well. It took many nail polish soaked paper towels and then a wet paper towel with a drop of soap to rinse off the nail polish remover, then a dry paper towel to dry it a bit. Then I used a blow dryer on the cool setting, and then I put the bag outside in the hot Arizona sun for about an hour. It's really pretty good now....not really sticky at all anymore, and I think I may be able to use the pockets now!

I just received a vintage Danube with this problem today. It was from Japan and both the inside and outside pocket was disgustingly sticky and if you touched it, a dark brown sticky stain would get on your skin. I didn't have Goo Gone, so I bravely tried nail polish remover and that actually worked really well! I can't believe I put large amounts of nail polish remover on an LV bag, but something needed to be done! I am surprised it worked so well. It took many nail polish soaked paper towels and then a wet paper towel with a drop of soap to rinse off the nail polish remover, then a dry paper towel to dry it a bit. Then I used a blow dryer on the cool setting, and then I put the bag outside in the hot Arizona sun for about an hour. It's really pretty good now....not really sticky at all anymore, and I think I may be able to use the pockets now!

Does it smell like the nail polish remover?

The GOO GONE directions says: Do not use on silk, leather, suede or rubber. Are you guys sure about using this?

lvlvrinvt, can you tell the steps needed when using the GOO GONE to clean the black sticky stuff from your LV. Thanks!

Another warning about the goo gone. I sprayed it like the op suggested and it did nothing for the sticky pocket. In fact, it made the stickiness worse. What concerned my more was that it started to bleed through the stitches onto the vachetta. I was so afraid it was going to stain the leather permanently. I quickly cleaned it off and any stains were gone the next morning. I was panicking that I had ruined my bag. Instead I pulled out the pockets and now need to clean a little of the black off the back side of the canvas. I may have the pockets relined by my leather shop as some of the posters suggested. I know this thread is old, but I hope it helps someone else.
purserehab005.jpg

All the black stickiness was pulled away with scissors and tweezers. I know that I can't take my bag to Louis Vuitton for repairs but it is in great condition except for the pockets.

I have a vintage bag as well and was wondering about this issue. It is all sticky and peeling but not black. Will LV boutique replace pocket liner if you are not the original purchaser?

i brought a vintage epi riviera in toledo to my local boutique, and i was told they have to reject the relining job as its going to cost more than what the bag did when they still made it. sad.

i brought a vintage epi riviera in toledo to my local boutique, and i was told they have to reject the relining job as its going to cost more than what the bag did when they still made it. sad.

That sounds strange. I have had 3 kinds of LV bags relined and none of them ever cost anything like the original price of the bag - usually 10-20% of the price of it.

I have an LV Cloud Today I tried to take my ipod case out the back pocket and some of the Cloud lining was sticky and as a result of my pulling some of the lining has peeled of and stuck to my LV iPOD Case I am doubly upset does anyone have any idea how to remove this safely.I live in the U.K.

I have an LV Cloud Today I tried to take my ipod case out the back pocket and some of the Cloud lining was sticky and as a result of my pulling some of the lining has peeled of and stuck to my LV iPOD Case I am doubly upset does anyone have any idea how to remove this safely.I live in the U.K.

I removed all the black goo on my daughter's preloved St Cloud with acetone nail polish remover. It worked very quickly and left the pocket with a soft fabric lining. The black stuff will come off thickly, so have lots of fabric cloths available. It only took me 3-4 minutes, tops.

Reactions: K.O.
I removed all the black goo on my daughter's preloved St Cloud with acetone nail polish remover. It worked very quickly and left the pocket with a soft fabric lining. The black stuff will come off thickly, so have lots of fabric cloths available. It only took me 3-4 minutes, tops.
Thank you Chookie i tried your tip and it worked.P.s. love your west highland dog, I have one myself she is 13 years old her name is Ailsa