Scarves Help me curate my Hermès scarf collection!

I am not the moussie queen—you all have me confused with @lanit @Cookiefiend @bunnycat or @scarf1. I only have 8, and two are stoles.

A moussie is next up, by the way. Here’s the problem—the design is all in the center and it’s so difficult to show. So it just looks like a tangerine scarf (changeant, I think, but not dramatically so.)

How about a pic with no makeup and one with a little lippie: I had to fuss to get even this little bit of the design to show.
View attachment 5681687View attachment 5681689

Try an asymmetrical fold - one side will show more of the design - put that side to the front and wrap around twice. You’ll see more of the design! ❤️

These older changeants can be difficult. I think @Cookiefiend has this peachy one and also the purple/pink one that @Living.la.vida.fifi and I are twins with her on. I think the peachy one would do better not on black. Maybe burgundy? @Cookiefiend may have suggestions since she has that one.

They can be hard to photograph too. If you remember when I got my purple/pink La Rosee changeant back in 2016 (???) and the seller pics were :lol:

like this:laroseeflat.jpeg

But in reality it looks like this. Here I folded on the bias, then Bova Knot the ends in the front. This takes care of almost all the empty space.

roseeflowers.jpgfriedarosee1.jpg

These older changeants can be difficult. I think @Cookiefiend has this peachy one and also the purple/pink one that @Living.la.vida.fifi and I are twins with her on. I think the peachy one would do better not on black. Maybe burgundy? @Cookiefiend may have suggestions since she has that one.

They can be hard to photograph too. If you remember when I got my purple/pink La Rosee changeant back in 2016 (???) and the seller pics were :lol:

like this:View attachment 5682910

But in reality it looks like this. Here I folded on the bias, then Bova Knot the ends in the front. This takes care of almost all the empty space.

View attachment 5682929View attachment 5682928
Hahaha--good eye to even have figured out what that seller was selling! This purple one is TDF.

Reactions: Lellabelle
Orange is the new black.
I just read an article that explains that orange, depending on its shade, is a colour that is unfairly considered difficult. You just have to find the right one. You proved it yesterday!
I also think it depends on the colours that accompany it. For me, for example, I always choose bright and rather cool colours to intensify the contrast with the orange (otherwise I look sick).
I think you should try it too. Let me know if the hypothesis is correct!

Screenshot_20230104_124147_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Orange is the new black.
I just read an article that explains that orange, depending on its shade, is a colour that is unfairly considered difficult. You just have to find the right one. You proved it yesterday!
I also think it depends on the colours that accompany it. For me, for example, I always choose bright and rather cool colours to intensify the contrast with the orange (otherwise I look sick).
I think you should try it too. Let me know if the hypothesis is correct!

View attachment 5683164

View attachment 5683162
Ooooh nice stack of oranges!
Thanks. I usually wear dark grey or navy with the bright orange scarves.

You are a dear. I am trying to make my collection smaller, so please comment!
My dear friend, you look amazing in all orange colours ... it depends on your top and lipstick ... and if it were me I would never ever let the precious Rosee moussie go, you will regret that later for sure.
Just my experience with rehoming, it took me years to get some back again.