Scarves Help me curate my Hermès scarf collection!

Costume de Fete looks fantastic on you. Fresh, bright, contemporary and this color way suits you well. You mustn't make this so easy for us to identify the keepers, momasaurus!

I completely understand your desire to whittle your collection down. Are you trying to hold onto the scarves you actually wear, or do you have something else in mind?

Rather than focusing on last in, instead please consider showing us first in. No doubt, your taste and style have evolved over the many years you've been collecting. By tackling this as I've suggested, you may find it much easier to curate your scarf collection.

Ooh, great idea for a thread! I have long admired your collection, so looking forward to seeing how you catalogue them and your thoughts on them. And, I love looking at scarf cws and designs for styling options.

With this one, you can definitely pull it off. However, in terms of it being an 'absolute best' piece, I wonder ... did you have an opportunity to view the curry/noir/vert cw? It's clear that you can pull off bright colours super well (love the chartreuse jacket), and I wonder if that curry cw - which really GOES FOR IT on the bright colours - might suit you better. There is almost something restrained about the colours in this one, despite how bright they are, that maybe isn't as harmonious with you (on its own) as it could be. I wonder if that will make it harder for you to style.

And I guess I should ask, after looking back at a few of your SOTD posts: it looks like you can wear cool, warm, and neutral colours. Do you gravitate toward one or the other?

ETA: I know from your SOTD posts that you do 'restrained' cws very well, too, very elegantly. This one to me reads as 'on the fence' on you, neither wow-poppy nor restrained, and I think that's what makes me wonder about it.

ETAx2: Maybe part of what I'm reacting to is also that the blue sweater is the same amount of loud as the scarf, and the chartreuse jacket is louder. I wonder how this cw would look would a top that is quieter, for example matching the sandy coral shade, or the dark wine red in the scarf.
Thanks for these thoughts. I have not seen the curry IRL. Might be trouble!
Once I had the bright blue sweater on, I went all out with loud—the sunnies are orange even—for a New Years Day winter beach walk LOL. When the scarf arrived I was wearing a Merlot colored sweater: A79430E1-8780-4DF9-A712-1AD2E7B1F26C.jpeg

Once I had the bright blue sweater on, I went all out with loud—the sunnies are orange even—for a New Years Day winter beach walk LOL. When the scarf arrived I was wearing a Merlot colored sweater: View attachment 5681673

Here, I like it without qualification! That merlot lets the scarf be the star of the show.

Costume de Fete looks fantastic on you. Fresh, bright, contemporary and this color way suits you well. You mustn't make this so easy for us to identify the keepers, momasaurus!

I completely understand your desire to whittle your collection down. Are you trying to hold onto the scarves you actually wear, or do you have something else in mind?

Rather than focusing on last in, instead please consider showing us first in. No doubt, your taste and style have evolved over the many years you've been collecting. By tackling this as I've suggested, you may find it much easier to curate your scarf collection.
I guess I'm just trying to downsize a bit, letting go of scarves I never wear (and maybe finding out why I never wear them, LOL.)
Good idea! Maybe I'll alternate last in, first in, etc. That could be fun.

I am not the moussie queen—you all have me confused with @lanit @Cookiefiend @bunnycat or @scarf1. I only have 8, and two are stoles.

A moussie is next up, by the way. Here’s the problem—the design is all in the center and it’s so difficult to show. So it just looks like a tangerine scarf (changeant, I think, but not dramatically so.)

How about a pic with no makeup and one with a little lippie: I had to fuss to get even this little bit of the design to show.
DA3AC629-B5EE-4612-897D-880AE1C3877A.jpeg333B1465-E511-486F-81F5-98792D9C71E1.jpeg

Last edited:
I am not the moussie queen—you all have me confused with @lanit @Cookiefiend @bunnycat or @scarf1. I only have 8, and two are stoles.

A moussie is next up, by the way. Here’s the problem—the design is all in the center and it’s so difficult to show. So it just looks like a tangerine scarf (changeant, I think, but not dramatically so.)

How about a pic with no makeup and one with a little lippie: I had to fuss to get even this little bit of the design to show.
View attachment 5681687View attachment 5681689
To me this is nothing special for the reasons you give. Where is the Hermesy vibe - let alone the pattern! Your lipstick is the star here! Unless you adore the colour - although the curry Costume de Fete ….! A no from me!

View attachment 5681687View attachment 5681689
Try an asymmetrical fold - one side will show more of the design - put that side to the front and wrap around twice. You’ll see more of the design! ❤️

To me this is nothing special for the reasons you give. Where is the Hermesy vibe - let alone the pattern! Your lipstick is the star here! Unless you adore the colour - although the curry Costume de Fete ….! A no from me!
Agree, unless @Cookiefiend ’s idea yields better results.

@momasaurus , we have some of the same cookbooks :smile:

Last edited:
Once I had the bright blue sweater on, I went all out with loud—the sunnies are orange even—for a New Years Day winter beach walk LOL. When the scarf arrived I was wearing a Merlot colored sweater: View attachment 5681673
Since you asked for honest opinion:
In MyHonestPersonalOpinion : You combine the scarf perfectly. I think it suits you.
Now I'm mustering up all my courage, because I'm not as sure as most:
It has a lot - a lot of colours (and with black I think it's reinforced even more) and a very intense "busy" design. I find it quite - (rather very very) - flamboyant. Since I don't know you personally: I would ask myself: Is this really me?
Do you really feel comfortable with it? Not only e.g. because it's a bit darker outside as in wintertime?
Any such risk with this scarf? No? Then keep it and have fun! Otherwise: Nice, but not another one that might be up for this decision again rather sooner than later...

Last edited:
Since you asked for honest opinion:
In MyHonestPersonalOpinion : You combine the scarf perfectly. I think it suits you.
Now I'm mustering up all my courage, because I'm not as sure as most:
It has a lot - a lot of colours (and with black I think it's reinforced even more) and a very intense "busy" design. I find it quite - (rather very very) - flamboyant. Since I don't know you personally: I would ask myself: Is this really me?
Do you really feel comfortable with it? Not only e.g. because it's a bit darker outside as in wintertime?
Any such risk with this scarf? No? Then keep it and have fun! Otherwise: Nice, but not another one that might be up for this decision again rather sooner than later...
I really appreciate this and I know what you mean. This is so helpful! Yes, I'm a pretty loud and perhaps overly dramatic person and I am comfortable with that! But I want to see other CWs of this design (still arriving in stores)...
[Maybe one of my themes should be "dramatic scarves" - do I need so many?]
Thanks!

Agree, unless @Cookiefiend ’s idea yields better results.

@momasaurus , we have some of the same cookbooks :smile:

Agree that it's ok but nothing special
Thank you! I agree that it's sort of meh. I love the tangerine color, but I should probably look in my stash for other, better tangerine scarves.