Scarves Help me curate my Hermès scarf collection!

Thanks for these thoughts. I have not seen the curry IRL. Might be trouble!
Once I had the bright blue sweater on, I went all out with loud—the sunnies are orange even—for a New Years Day winter beach walk LOL. When the scarf arrived I was wearing a Merlot colored sweater: View attachment 5681673
This is perfect. Undeniably a keeper! It looks cute with the bright jacket and sunnies etc. But this background really lets it shine. The border on this one is so very beautiful, too. This top really lets us see that...

I am not the moussie queen—you all have me confused with @lanit @Cookiefiend @bunnycat or @scarf1. I only have 8, and two are stoles.

A moussie is next up, by the way. Here’s the problem—the design is all in the center and it’s so difficult to show. So it just looks like a tangerine scarf (changeant, I think, but not dramatically so.)

How about a pic with no makeup and one with a little lippie: I had to fuss to get even this little bit of the design to show.
View attachment 5681687View attachment 5681689
I am in the camp of this being nice to have for say, color blocking purposes but it really isn't begging to be in the keep pile if you have other options. I agree with the comment that you lipstick is doing a lot of heavy lifting for the scarf...

I am not the moussie queen—you all have me confused with @lanit @Cookiefiend @bunnycat or @scarf1. I only have 8, and two are stoles.

A moussie is next up, by the way. Here’s the problem—the design is all in the center and it’s so difficult to show. So it just looks like a tangerine scarf (changeant, I think, but not dramatically so.)

How about a pic with no makeup and one with a little lippie: I had to fuss to get even this little bit of the design to show.
View attachment 5681687View attachment 5681689
Clearly my opinions re keep/rehome will be tempered by what I personally like and full transparency - I don’t really like moussies - but compared to (say) Costumes de Fete this is nothing special on you. This would be an easy rehome.

I’m even going to go out on a limb re: Costume—looks fab on you, but H has done tons of strong, vibrant, dark blue/black background cws. Is this the one for you? I’m thinking of some of the Tohu Bohu cws and Au Coeur de La Vie for example; here’s where the design comes in. If you’re looking for a vibrant dark, riot of color scarf, is this the best iteration of that? Do you just want a new one?

There’s no argument that it’s fabulous on you but when the pile gets too big….

I’m even going to go out on a limb re: Costume—looks fab on you, but H has done tons of strong, vibrant, dark blue/black background cws. Is this the one for you? I’m thinking of some of the Tohu Bohu cws and Au Coeur de La Vie for example; here’s where the design comes in. If you’re looking for a vibrant dark, riot of color scarf, is this the best iteration of that? Do you just want a new one?

There’s no argument that it’s fabulous on you but when the pile gets too big….
Great point. I keep thinking I have scarves like this already and today I will find time to look through the piles. Thank you!

The oldest purchase still in my possession is this Fetes du Roi Soleil, which I’m wearing today and forgot how great it is! Thank you.View attachment 5682057
That’s perfect on you. Talking off the top of my head & not knowing you, obviously, I‘d say you can carry off strong, dramatic scarves better than wishy washy ones.

ha ha ha, I rarely comment on TPF, I just had to:
I already see how this will be going... Each time you'll read "wow, this is wonderful on you, you can't get rid of this one"
At least I'm really liking what I've seen on you so far in this thread. Maybe time to rename the thread? Momasaurus's spectacular collection :love:
haha - the other threads are all so positive, I'm enjoying the honesty of this one and I'm returning the tangerine moussie!

Hi moma!
I love the 90cm silks that you have shown, but agree that the tangerine moussie doesn't highlight your fabulous hair or coloring. I think it washes you out a bit. If one has to go for more storage of another colorful moussie, I say to rehome that moussie.

• Insightful
Reactions: momasaurus
Help! Please help me curate my scarf collection. It is out of hand. In the spirit of @MYH (I loved that thread) and @VickyB (The Scarf Mummy) and others, I’m starting my own thread and asking for your help. No need to be generically polite - I am NOT fishing for compliments, but looking for honesty. I’ll post pix and voice my concerns (most are about color, knot troubles, or similarity with stuff I already have). If you have blouse color ideas or knot suggestions, please post your own pix to help!

I’m going to work backward through my purchases from this week back to the dawn of time. Please join me, and thanks in advance.
Brilliant idea !

Reactions: momasaurus