Help desperately needed! Buying a Cartier Love bracelet

Aug 31, 2009
Hey girls! I need some help here...

I've finally decided what Cartier Love bracelet I want: RG with 4 diamonds. I've even got one on hold at Cartier for me. :love:

Here's the dilemma:

I feel slightly guilty about spending so much money on a bracelet. I've always been a person of modest means (by choice), and I can't stop thinking of the things that I could buy with the money. For example, my first car cost less than the bracelet! I'm also "young" (mid 20s) and if I were to invest the money, by the time I retire, it would amount to quite a bit. Or I could save it for my wedding, or a future house, and so on and so forth.

However, I've wanted a Cartier Love for 8 years and going. This is the dream piece for me, for some crazy reason. I want it to the point that I would regret not buying it if the world were to end tomorrow. I pay for everything myself, and I could buy the bracelet outright while still having an emergency 8 month stash (like Suze Orman says!) handy. Overall, I've been very financially responsible (contributing to 401k, no debt), and I figure, why not, I'm young. Why not splurge this once? :biggrin:

I DO heavily regret not buying the bracelet 4 years ago for much less, and I'm wondering if I would experience the same feeling in 5 years from now.

Also, as my boyfriend puts it, paying the extra money for little diamonds seems wasteful, though that's what I truly want.

Lastly, I have about $800 in gift cards and the bracelet would be tax free. Even though I'm splurging, I still gotta get a deal!:lol:

What do you girls think? Any advice? Should I "settle" for a plain Love? Should I just invest the money and buy it later on in life? Am I too young to be buying something like this? What would you do? :heart:

No way - get what you want now. You will regret getting the plain Love, given you've been lusting after the diamond Love for 8 years! Plus, if you don't get it now, you'll just want one in a few years and it'll be even more expensive then - so really, you're saving :smile:

If you can afford it comfortably (and it sounds like you can), then go for it. It is a lifetime piece of jewelry that won't go out of fashion. I love mine and have never regretted buying it.

^ agree. :yes:
I'm 26 and sometimes I feel the same way but i'm financially "comfortable" I have savings, tfsa's, rrsp's...etc

but also being in your mid 20's also gives you an advantage you're younge and successful so you should be able to treat yourself and also do you have a family? I don't and my justification when I splurge is i'm independent, no responsibilities but myself (and my 2 kitties!) so now is the time to splurge on yourself and be a bit "selfish" before I settle down or have a family :biggrin:

I think now is the time for you to splurge - before you have kids, mortgage, or whatever.

Definately go for the extra diamonds - one thing I have learned in life is dont settle for less. For example - I was buying a car and I was debating whether to get all the extra options and I never regretted the extra expense - it is usually worth it.

Definitely get the bracelet. You will not regret it! Choosing to live and spend responsibly in general allows you to treat yourself to something you're passionate about (guilt-free)! Think of it as a pat on the back for all your great choices!

Get the one you're lusting over! I regret not buying my love bracelet earlier in my mid 20's when it was cheaper. I could have had my trio by now if I had started to buy then and I'm in my late 20's now. Here's how I see it, if you have the funds for it and enough emergency cash saved up...splurge, splurge, splurge! You will only have more added expenses the older you get. The one thing I did not regret doing in my mid-20's was buying all the Chanel classics I ever wanted. GO PICK UP YOUR BRACELET NOW AND WEAR IT!

Don't settle - it's still going to be a significant outlay for second-best, and you'll always be thinking of how much money you spent on something that you don't love the best. Make sure your finances are sound and then if you can comfortably afford it, go for your first choice; otherwise, keep saving. :smile:

Hey girls! I need some help here...

I've finally decided what Cartier Love bracelet I want: RG with 4 diamonds. I've even got one on hold at Cartier for me. :love:

Here's the dilemma:

I feel slightly guilty about spending so much money on a bracelet. I've always been a person of modest means (by choice), and I can't stop thinking of the things that I could buy with the money. For example, my first car cost less than the bracelet! I'm also "young" (mid 20s) and if I were to invest the money, by the time I retire, it would amount to quite a bit. Or I could save it for my wedding, or a future house, and so on and so forth.

However, I've wanted a Cartier Love for 8 years and going. This is the dream piece for me, for some crazy reason. I want it to the point that I would regret not buying it if the world were to end tomorrow. I pay for everything myself, and I could buy the bracelet outright while still having an emergency 8 month stash (like Suze Orman says!) handy. Overall, I've been very financially responsible (contributing to 401k, no debt), and I figure, why not, I'm young. Why not splurge this once? :biggrin:

I DO heavily regret not buying the bracelet 4 years ago for much less, and I'm wondering if I would experience the same feeling in 5 years from now.

Also, as my boyfriend puts it, paying the extra money for little diamonds seems wasteful, though that's what I truly want.

Lastly, I have about $800 in gift cards and the bracelet would be tax free. Even though I'm splurging, I still gotta get a deal!:lol:

What do you girls think? Any advice? Should I "settle" for a plain Love? Should I just invest the money and buy it later on in life? Am I too young to be buying something like this? What would you do? :heart:

You are financially independent and it's not like it's going to cost you an arm or a leg for that bracelet, then I should say just go for it. Never settle for something less or you will regret. Yay !!! Looking forward to see yr pic :yahoo:

Before I bought my love bracelet, I had always wanted the love with diamonds and then when i went to the store and try them on. I preferred the plain love without the diamonds (more classic), the diamonds were tiny and doesn't really show on the bracelet in my opinion. But it's a personal preference. If you have your heart set on it for 8 years then get what you love.