Help! 2 Smelly Bags from Hong Kong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is awful!! I'm so sorry to hear that. :sad: And such gorgeous bags too- a red speedy and a yellow alma.. I would demand my money back too. I can't believe that she claims that that is just how leather smells?!?! Let us know what happens. I know that I won't be buying from authentic lv..

Sorry you are dealing with this. I've bought 3 bags from LT and another one from another seller in HK and have not had the smell problem at all. Have you tried coffee grounds - I heard that's a good way of removing nasty persistent smell ... or Arm and Hammer - some people keep a box in their fridge to absorb nasty smells.

Well if you'll just hang in there it will fade away:yes: I would just put in dryer sheets for a while. A spray might stain

I know it has only been three days (and, okay, I'm not a patient person, I'll admit to that) - but how long is it going to take? The chemical smell is so strong I can't imagine that it will dissipate.

I read that LV can replace the lining - but I don't want the hassle - or having to walk into the LV store and tell them that I wanted to save a few bucks so I bought this smelly thing from HK.

Oh, brother....

I've just sent her an email thanking her for her reply (so I don't piss her off) - and I told her that I'll air it out for another couple of days but that if it doesn't get better I will send it back for a refund.

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions! I think I'd rather just pay the extra money rather than run around with kitty litter and coffee to try and de-stink a handbag - you know?:sad:

i would just send it back. if she's offering why bother and try and get the smell out. it might not go away and that's just longer for you not to get your refund.

i've heard both sellers had problems with smelly stuff- mostly mothballs.

i would just send it back. if she's offering why bother and try and get the smell out. it might not go away and that's just longer for you not to get your refund.

i've heard both sellers had problems with smelly stuff- mostly mothballs.

It isn't going to go away in a couple of days - it is way too strong. But I'm being polite, I guess - she seems genuine about thinking that I don't understand it is a leather smell. So I'll email her over the weekend and send it back to her on Monday.

As for Let-Trade - they just replied to my email and told me to try putting an air freshener in the bag. I'm willing to be patient with that bag as it is just musty - I'll keep at it with the dryer sheets and see how that goes. I hadn't read anything about odor problems with Let-Trade - only with authentic_lvlady.

I would just send them back if they really do smell that awful...you don't want to keep spraying or putting smelly stuff in the bags, just in case some of the chemicals wind up damaging the bags...

And my guess is, even if you manage to get most of it out, you will probably be really sensitive to the smell everytime you carry the bags and notice it even if others don't.

Uh oh...Eva/authentic just sent me this:

HI:
I think you are misunderstanding, this bag is no odor,I check it clearly,I know you are not happy for the odor, but it is not a odor smell,it is a leather smell, I know if the vintage bag which is 100% can find the odor smell find it, bt this bag is not odor smell, Please try to open the bag and put this bag to sunshines for removed the leather smell, as the pre-owner is not always use this bag and caused it, I am happy to refund payment to you for $580 to your paypal account, if I received the bag, I hope you can try to removed the smell, this is odor, as this bag is a like new condition, I want you kept it . Please try
Eva

She always says this. I bought a mabillon from her that smelled like my grandma's mothball-ridden attic, and when I emailed her, she said that she didn't smell anything. Never mind that I emailed her beforehand and asked if the bag smelled like mothballs, to which she replied "no."

The way that I rid the bag of stench was by stuffing it full of the Febreeze dryer inserts scented witih lavender--nothing else worked, not even spraying it with Febreeze. I also kept the bag out during the daytime for a couple of days.

As for let-trade, the two bags that I bought from them both had mothball odors; one was stronger than the other. I was able to rid the mothball smell from the denim bag, but not completely from the other one. I ended up selling it.

Maybe she has been around all those stinky moth ball bags way too much that she got immuned to it, and that's why she can't smell it anymore? :rolleyes:

that's like the breeder i got my siamese from. her name is honey and her house stinks like urine like nothing one person could ever imagine. she breeds siamese so she has like 30 cats, a few dogs, rabbits and 2 ducks in her house. the first thing she ever said to me was "people say my house smells but you don't smell anything right?" i nodded as my eyes watered and i tried not to gag. thank goodness i got 2 perfect kitties from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.