heeelp please...sold bag on ebay rant

^ i called my local police department and they basically told me the buyer has the burden of proof.

what really baffles me is how she claims to know that the bag should have weighed 4 lbs and could not fit in the box i sent her.

the box i used was a box i got from one of my xmas purchases from one of many dept. store purchases i made and had the item mailed. so i have no idea what the dimmensions are.

it's like she was ready to scam me from the start. i know i shouldn't worry because i did everything i was supposed to already but this is a lot of money we're talking about!!!

Have you called and spoken with Paypal to let them know verbally the story on this? They can add some notes to your account about this... Maybe speaking to someone there can provide you some peace of mind... Stay calm and remember you have all of the proof that the item was sold, sent and received.

OMG, I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. First the horrible Hinna story and now this :cursing:

Maybe she had to pay alot of customs fees and is now trying this stunt on you to get some money? I have a feeling that her threat of reporting you to the FBI is just to scare you, I hope.

I would keep an eye out on eBay or websites of second hand resellers to see if your "lost" bag suddenly pops up out of the blue, you'll never know.

Isn't there someone you could call in customs? There has to be some sort of paperwork/documents on this package and it's contents upon arrival into the country. Or maybe paypal should be doing this investigation?

Hang in there! :flowers: Threatening you will only get her into trouble with paypal, not you.

Hang in there, this person sounds like a professional scammer, there are more and more of them on Ebay than ever. You have the emails she sent you, which show that she is not honest. As far as the FBI is concerned I would not worry about that to much, I pretty sure they are far to busy, trying to sort out the multi millions $ fraud cases. She just said that to try and frighten you and because she sounds a vile persons.

Best of Luck

so today this scammer sent me a nice email following the response i sent her yesterday.

i told her that i contacted my local police as well as post office and that she will have to make a claim over there as well as the one i will be making on my end. i reassured her that i did not send an empty box and that i checked my references and the box which i sent her FITS the chanel bag perfectly. i told her that idk what kind of chanel box she thinks i sent her but i sent her the one that came with the box when i bought it and i did not measure it since i did not anticipate this ordeal!

her response was that the item took very little time to get to her, because she thinks the box was empty, that's why customs did not stop it. she said that she still doubted that i sent her the bag altogether.

how am i supposed to respond to that? how do you know when customs has taken a very short time or a very long time? how do you determine that? once again, i told her i sent her the bag and that i needed pictures from her of the box and contents she received.

now my question is...what happens if she does a chargeback? i'm pretty sure she did not pay with paypal funds because as i remember, one of her messages after she won the auction stated that she might have to do 2 separate paymets as she was over the limit with her main CC.

Also you said something in the begining about her feedback. Maybe there's another proof of her scam. Also I do believe that there's a chance, that because the declare value was so high, maybe someone from customs or the PO stole it. I mean you never know. Did you issued insurance for the bag? Also follow up with the post office because if it was indeed stolen they can start an investigation.

OMG, I am just now reading this thread and it's vile! This was a set up from the very beginning. I'm so sorry that this is happening "again". I'm not exactly sure if you contacted PP and have them document everything in your conversation. If she paid with a CC, she will definitely try to do a chargeback and if PP doesn't have anything documented from you then they will freeze your account until you pay her back. That's assuming that you have moved the money to your own personal bank account. Please have PP document your conversation in their system.

Definitely go after her. There's absolutely no reason that an HONEST buyer would accuse you of never sending the bag. The rational thought would be that someone associated with the Post Office or customs took it. Therefore, they would be the places for her to contact. I just don't buy it. Best of luck to you and keep us posted honey!!

She is probably going to win - does South Korea have confirmed addresses for paypal? So tell her to file a complaint with the Post Office - or you have to. Thing is that it will show delivered and once it is delivered you are basically screwed.

You got scammed and I would give the scammer a big fat negative.

The second thing is the value you can send to another country without paying customs fee, a lot of countries has this value set up around $150. What is why she asked you at the beginning to declare such value.
Second, in Russia, when you receive a package from abroad post office representative ask you : "Are you going to check the content of you package?" And if you don't check it in front of them, they are not responsible for anything lost or stolen.
Third, when you send item, eg if you used usps and use air express delivery (eg to Russia it will say delivery time 5-10 days), so usps quarantee to deliver good to Moscow to customs in that period. After that it is all about customs how long it will take, sometimes it is fast, sometimes slow.
I could imgaine if she got an empty box it would have no weight and no content, even a child could notice it right away.
You didn't wrote anything about insurance. Because for you it is the only way either to recover the money for yourself or prove she did get it.