heeelp please...sold bag on ebay rant

I think this lady is not straight forward so means TROUBLE. I never ship outside USA. She can do a reversal and paypal will give back her money no que asked and you will be at loss. I have had all this bad experience before so my sincere advice return her money and try selling to domestic USA. make sure you send for propered insured value with del confirmation.

You know, I'm not really familiar with how customs works in regards to charging taxes/fees for the buyer so apologize if my information was incorrect about insurance/value. Do the two tie together - the value insured and the amount declared on customs? When I sold my Cambon bowler to a buyer in France I wrote "used handbag" on the customs form (cause that's what it was - a used handbag!) and declared the value of $950, the amount the buyer paid. I insured it for the same amount as well. It cleared customs with no additional fees to the buyer who was beyond thrilled.

I agree. If someone has the money to buy a Chanel bag in the first place, wouldn't they care to make sure it was packaged and sent properly in order to avoid any customs problems, regardless of fees? If it goes missing, you'll be the one to pay, because the value listed would ony be $150.

Someone who haggles with you AFTER the purchase is already made is not a good buyer. She had ample opportunity to read the listing and ask you any questions beforehand. Good choice to do the refund and sell to someone else; best of luck!

I wouldn't do it. It's my policy not to lie on customs forms. Besides if the bag goes missing then you are out the bag and the cash. Tell the buyer you are sending it EMS with declared value at the price of the auction, and insurance for the full amount.

I agree with this 1000%. The only person who can lose under this scenario is you.

I have asked sellers to send with low value. I always accept the risk. I'm not sure what the rules of paypal are with it, but if the buyer sends an email accepting this risk, I would say that would be enough?! To be sure, don't leave the money in your account I guess, so any chargeback will be useless. And make sure you have a tracking number. That should be enough for paypal. Not the insurance...
I would say, if she has good other feedback, you will be ok, but if you feel highly uncomfortable about it, don't do it. Because she should have asked BEFORE she placed a bid!

The seller is responsible for delivering the bag. Period. No matter what the buyer says. This buyer can claim non-delivery and the seller is screwed if she insures for 150.

OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG i have an update on this!!!

so after going back and forth with this lady, i told her i'd cancel and sell it to a US buyer, she said no please sell it to me it's my HG. so naturally i felt bad. we finally agreed on NOT lying on the custom forms.

today she makes a claim...that the bag was NOT in the box. i mean...can you believe that?!?!?! i am in awe of her claim. she said all there was was tissue and that it's impossible for the chanel box to have fit in the box i sent it to her (how the heck does she know this??)

now my paypal is negative. i should have known better. i keep running into people that want to take my money. first Hinna and now this....i wanted to free up some money for a ss08 bag....what do i do?? HELP!!

OMG!

First off ~ **hugs to you**

Second ~ do you have a copy of the shipping information which would include the weight of the item. I would think that would prove there was more in the box than tissue...:yes:

Third ~ do you have the emails where she was requesting you to lie on the forms...

I would submit all of that to PP - shows scammer...

I saved all the messages and even sent them to ebay but they never responded.

I am so worried now.

The item weighed about 1 lbs and she even said in her nasty email that it's TOO LIGHT FOR A CHANEL. now, how exactly does she know how much a chanel weighs?? sounds to me like she wanted to scam me ALL ALONG. i could have dodged this one but didn't...for the sake of freeing money up!

gosh i don't even know what to say. she also had to include 'i am a christian, i don't cheat people', somthing along those lines. her emails also say pay me back give me my money back you cheater. i was warned by nasty cheaters like you.

i am just SO baffled by this. everything she is, she is claiming I AM.

i just want to cry.

You poor thing! I'd get on the phone with Paypal right away and explain you have the emails from her, and the shipping receipt. I wouldn't wait for them to contact you. Be proactive. What a jerk that buyer is!

the buyer sent me another email today threatening to report me to the FBI and fly over here since the cost of airfare is much cheaper than what she paid me

this is really the last thing i needed to happen to me right now. she's threatened me to pay her back, send the bag- within 4 days or she will report me to the FBI. wth am i supposed to do...?! the bag was already mailed to her. there is NOTHING for me to send. i'm so stressed out!!!

DO nothing. Unless you want to report her harrassing emails to Ebay. You have shipped the item in a timely manner, to a confirmed address (hopefully), and you have the tracking information - signature (hopefully) that proves she received the item. I would think that if she received a box with nothing but tissue in it she would have noticed when accepting the package and not signed for it...:yes: If she claims in Paypal you have all the proof you need to be protected under the Sellers Protection Policy - along with the wacked out emails from the buyer...:wacko: