Hedi Slimane Has To GO....

really? just 1? i wouldn't believe it!! hahaha.. I buy 1 each season (well pre-fall and resort counts as a season each right? hahaha) and if there's a really good something that pops up on evilbay and i just have to have it, then i would

Yup! One a year! I used to do more like 2-3 but I've been good for a couple of years now :smile: Real estate in San Francisco is cray expensive!

Sorry using the app and having trouble with direct replies.

The SL bags are current season. They are not scratched/defective. Went into TJ maxx late last night and tried on the faux birkin. Felt heavy but looked solid. They even had the new clutch with the metal clasp that Kim kardashian has been seen with. The cabas chyc in green and black. Anyway, all devices in this house are in use and my iPod touch (on which I took pics) is acting up, but I will be sure to upload pics in the TJ maxx thread.

Hope everyone's having a great day.

:smile:

The Duffel and Sac du Jour are on Overstock too - http://www.overstock.com/search?keywords=saint+laurent&taxonomy=sto7&searchtype=Header

Not a ringing endorsement in my view.

The Duffel and Sac du Jour are on Overstock too - http://www.overstock.com/search?keywords=saint+laurent&taxonomy=sto7&searchtype=Header

Not a ringing endorsement in my view.

Thanks for the intel!

I don't like it, but after trying on the sac du jour, it looked really nice. Not nice enough to take the spot of that which I covet the most (the phantom), but I could definitely see spending $2000 at TJ Maxx on it, if I liked it.

The black duffle on Overstock looks good as well. It seems that many of us tPFers have been slow to adopt the new SL bag offerings or are we just not telling? Hmm...

Thanks for the intel!

I don't like it, but after trying on the sac du jour, it looked really nice. Not nice enough to take the spot of that which I covet the most (the phantom), but I could definitely see spending $2000 at TJ Maxx on it, if I liked it.

The black duffle on Overstock looks good as well. It seems that many of us tPFers have been slow to adopt the new SL bag offerings or are we just not telling? Hmm...
Aluxe, are you converting?!?! I'll be so upset if you change your avatar :smile:

I'm just not there. Maybe I will be at some point in the future but, for now, I'm loving my second version Cabas and my two pairs of Tributes and that's it--no SLP love. You can usually find me in the Bal forum these days :smile:

Aluxe, are you converting?!?! I'll be so upset if you change your avatar :smile:

I'm just not there. Maybe I will be at some point in the future but, for now, I'm loving my second version Cabas and my two pairs of Tributes and that's it--no SLP love. You can usually find me in the Bal forum these days :smile:

God, no! I'm even selling my YSL things, actually. Honestly, I don't feel that the brand speaks to me anymore and don't appreciate the gimmicks (I have come to see certain recent events that way, sadly. But just my opinion).

However, I can still give credit where it is due - if its the sort of bag someone wants, the sac du jour looks good, feels substantial and at $2K (TJ Maxx price), it could be worth it. :shrugs: Would love to see how these new bags look on others though. I love some good bag p0rn. :graucho:

Like you, I spend most of my time away from YSL :cry: but I love to come back as this sub-forum will probably always be home for me on tPF. Love the vibe here and hope to see something that whets my appetite from SLP.

Who knows, someday we may be wowed over and swayed by Slimane's pieces!

No one says these pieces have to be worn together. :smile:

I think this is the key to Slimane's success. Each piece is so funky that they work amazingly as separates, usually to liven up an outfit. Put them all together and they look a bit dated or overdone, but alone they work well.

So he is not able to push fashion forward, but he can sure get pieces to sell.

I am begining to warm up towards the pieces, alot of celebs have taken into the brand making it youthful esp the Koreans. There are some pieces here in RTW which could have been done by anyone...esp the suits and all but all said and done, the Koreans are rocking it.

Hedi Slimane has created a few highly unpleasant items of clothing but I love a lot of what he's done with Saint Laurent. When he's aiming for a sleek, minimalist look, I think he's spot on, and I appreciate his references to classic YSL. I've got a fair few items on my wishlist and, so far, own the jodhpur boots and black tassel necklace. They're some of my very favourite purchases. The boots are beautifully made and comfortable; I've worn them almost daily since buying them. I feel I can trust Saint Laurent to make a tip-top quality shoe and will certainly invest in more. I've probably had more comments on the tassel than anything else I've worn. People think it's cute :amuse: