Have you ever met anyone famous?

Wow, that's awesome guys!!! I wish I'd met a famous person...the closest I've come is about two years ago when we went to see Dane Cook live, he was signing autographs, and we walked past him, and my DH yelled "boston rules!" to him, and he said "that's right!!" and pointed at my DH.........yeaaahhhh......that doesn't count *hears the sound of crickets* lol.

Met: "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson (such a sweet guy!), Seann William Scott (rude), Margaret Cho, Carlos Santana (went to school w/his daughter)

Seen: Pink, Corey Hart (Pink's husband?), Danny Masterson (Hyde from That 70's Show), some skinny guy from So You Think You Can Dance...don't know his name but he was a cheap customer

I sat next to Eric Bana on a plane. He knew the hostess so spent most of the time talking to her. Also, I got chatted up by Daryl Braithwaite (only an aussie would know who he is) in a supermarket - I just about barfed. Here's his pic:

daryl_braithewaite_ballina.jpg

Oh God, I feel so icky just thinking about it. Yag.

Bruce Springsteen kissed me (on the cheek) in a McDonalds parking lot when I was a senior in high school. We were cutting class (naughty I know) and went to McDonalds for lunch. Bruce Springsteen walked in with a couple of bodyguards ordered his food and carried out to his car. I ran outside after him and asked him for an autograph, but I didn't have a pen or paper, so he said well, how about this?... and planted a kiss on my cheek.:tender:

nearly 20 years later and that is still such a great memory!

Check this thread out:

http://forum.purseblog.com/celebrity-section/photos-of-you-with-a-celebrity-172657.html

sarahgarth.jpg

Me and Garth Brooks, ran into him in downtown Tulsa at the bank of Oklahoma. He was SO funny. Not many people recognized him because of that hat but this one lady asked if he'd take a picture with her baby. He did, then said "OK! Thanks then!" and started to carry the baby off.
rofl.gif

I also met Princess Diana in London when I was sixteen, and I've hung out with Dale Earnhardt Jr., Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray, and Reese witherspoon (more than one occasion).

I have met a few in passing manly. I don't think many of you would know who they are. I met this boy group back when I was like 12 at a meet and greet called Immature or IMx (when they got older. It features a young Marques Houston). I've also met Nokio from Dru Hill when I was in high school at the mall before a concert and City High at the Atl airport. I also met Sisqo because I was dating his cousin for a hot second (I surely did have him put a message on my voicemail for proof. I kept it there for like 6 months).

I think it really depends on the definition of fame...

once your fame cherry has been popped, there aren't that many people that you go nuts for.

I used to do special events for Temple University, so I would pick up famous authors, actors and musicians from the airport and take them to their hotel and deal with them for the event.

I've never been a star struck kind of gal and to be honest, I can't even recall 90% of the people I met. MOST are just normal people who want to live a normal life, some (especially the rap musicians I met) were so full of themselves it wasn't even funny and having all sorts of special requests for wacko things... it was a real turnoff and of course, with most music they are the in thing one season and so far out the next it's not even funny, so their "stuck-upedness" was sooooo hard to put up with.

Wow...so, so many living in NYC...I guess I will just name the most noteable: Paul McCartney (rude) w/Heather Mills, Woody Allen (nice and gives autographs), Beyonce, Spike Lee, Kofi Annan, *****, etc.....

My husband and I used to work for a NASCAR team. The driver was Darrell Waltrip. He is now a commentator for NACSAR. We pretty much met every driver there was at that time. Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt, Michael & Darrell Waltrip are ones we spoke to more than others. I'm still friends with Darrell's sister. (we worked in the office together). Chad Knaus (now Jimmy Johnson's crew chief) worked at the shop with us, so we knew him well.
My cousin is Angus T Jones. The son on Two and Half Men.
Xavier Roberts is my nephews Uncle. He is the creator of Cabbage Patch. Probably not really famous, but was neat when he would send him proto type stuff.

I met someone slighly famous today actually. I was in the pub on a staff meeting and this random old guy comes up and starts talking to us, and after he left my boss goes "you know who that was don't you Jo?" and I was like "uhhhh no" thinking he looked just like any old guy in the village, and apparently he was Margaret Thatcher's secretary back when she was Prime Minister.

Still on the Politics theme, my Mums second cousin was Deputy Prime Minister of Ireland up until a few months ago. I've never met her, but my Mum got to ride in her state car which is pretty cool.

Now as for regular famous people, I've met David Gray because he was the Uncle of someone I went to school with. I chased David and Victoria Beckhams Porsche up a road once in Manchester years ago after I'd been to watch the Spice Girls concert. And back in the day I got the autographs of Steps (cheesy UK band) and the Chuckle Brothers when I met them haha.

I'm afraid my sightings/meetings are pretty Z list.

Edit: I forgot that I've seen most of the cast of Coronation Street around town but then again so has most people living in this area.