Have you ever met anyone famous?

My husband and I went to a MTV Movie Awards red carpet taping and were nicely placed right at the carpet where the celebs go after they do their paparazzi interviews. The girls next to us were smart enough to bring along an US Weekly and had every celeb that walked by sign it by their picture. So I got to see Jessica Simpson, Kate Beckinsale, Justin Timberlake, Cameron Diaz, Christina Aguilera, Owen Wilson, Zach Braff, and more - all about two inches away. It was pretty neat seeing them so close - you really get to see how much makeup they wear to hide their blemishes - even the men!

When I lived in Jupiter Florida you would see quite a few famous people around. A lot of them were in plays or I think might have teached workshops when Burt Reynolds had his dinner theater there (years ago). Then Jupiter became a expensive place to live and people like Celine Dion bought a house there and a lot of people lived on Jupiter Island, pro golfers and Tiger Woods just bought a house there for something like 35 million. So in some of the local places you did see famous people but nobody bothered them. It was more a low key place. Famous people still like to shop at Worth Ave. and the Gardens Mall, usually with body guards in tow. Loni Anderson was there a few times. Friends who worked in high end shops have a lot of famous clients and most are quite down to earth but there are alway the male and female divas that caused a scene when they shopped or should I say they wanted to be noticed when they shopped. The Williams sisters and quite a few other tennis pros live and train in that area and of course you get the spring baseball camps down there so there are a lot of famous people around. My one friend had a part time job as a cook housekeeper for a famous person and she said it was a very interesting job to see who was always coming to lunch or dinner. They used to send her grocery shopping with the limo driver because they thought it was too much for her to do alone and she always got a kick out of this because people would think she was so important to have a limo take her to the grocery store.

Hmmm, not really. I was on a flight from Seattle to LA with Scott Ian from Anthrax. (not a fan, but no mistaking that goatee thang!)

one of my brothers was a flight attendant for years, however, and has loads of good and horrible stories about celebs he's had to wait on.

My BF was a hotel manager at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena a few years back as well and has tons of great stories about celebs and pro athletes when they stayed there.

OK...a couple more from the 'history books': I did see President Reagan when he was running for re-election in 1984. I was in high school and our vocal ensemble was chosen to perform when he came to Seattle for his campaign. Wow! Love him or hate him, he was a very charismatic man.

My Dad also got about 5' from President ******* when he was in Seattle for an Asia-Pacific trade conference. In a word, Dad said he looked 'puffy and tired.' Can't blame the guy.

When I lived in Jupiter Florida you would see quite a few famous people around.

I obviously have the worst luck because I never see famous people around here! :hrmm: Or maybe I just go to the wrong places or something. Which very could well be! :biggrin:

I sat in front of Oprah at Celine Dion's show in Las Vegas opening weekend. Some idiot sitting next to me was trying to get her autograph the whole time.

My friend opened for Hal Sparks in SF last week (Hal Sparks played Michael on Queer as Folk and hosted Talk Soup) and took us backstage to meet him after. He was very sweet and funny and gave me and my friend big hugs.

During my very brief stint as a promoter, I booked Rancid's first show outside of California, in Olympia, WA. They stayed at my house while they were in town and were mostly nice, especially Matt, whom I became friends with when I moved to Berkeley the following year.

One night (again in Oly) after a Fugazi show, I met Michael Stipe outside the theater and sold him a copy of my fanzine for fifty cents. My hair was green at the time and he said he liked it.

The only autograph I have ever asked for was Crispin Glover's, at the Olympia Film Festival in 1993.

Some friends and I went to a Green Day show in Seattle in 1993 and went backstage to hang out in their little dressing room. Eddie Vedder was playing one song with I think Bad Religion and he walked past the dressing room, looked in at all of us, and kept going. We laughed. The audience booed Eddie when he went out on stage.

In SF in the mid-90s, my friends in the band KARP were opening for Beck. They invited my roommate and I backstage, and we enjoyed a bunch of free food. Beck told me he liked my Orange Crush tshirt. He was incredibly short, probably around 5' 3".

A few years ago I went to the movies on a Wednesday night with my (ex)-bf. The theatre was pretty much empty, except for the tall and striking blonde woman in front of me in the concessions line, who turned out to be Sharon Stone.

Last spring I was walking near Union Square in SF after my French class and passed a theatre with a sign out front advertising Bebe Neuwirth's stage show. I wondered to myself what the show was about and if she was inside, and a few steps later looked up and saw Bebe walking toward me on the sidewalk. She of course looked fabulous.

A week or so after that I was out on my lunch break and saw a middle-aged blonde man getting out of a car just ahead of me. I recognized the voice and found myself totally gawking at James Spader.

I think those are the highlights of my brushes with fame.

James Spader :love::P

I can't help it, I love him.

oopsy, forgot to mention i went to sunday school w/casper van dien & had a major crush on him (lol!!!) :P...i also met bryan adams @ a "virgin records" record signing & he invited me back to his limo :wtf: (of course, i politely declined)...and there was an actor from "the love boat" who used to babysit me & my sister when we were little, but i can't remember his name :smash:

Attachments

• Detal3n2.jpg
    Detal3n2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 396
  • bryanadams.jpg
    bryanadams.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 358
Reactions: Stephie2800
I met Ricky Martin in London as well as Sarah Ferguson and her daughters Beatrice and Eugenie.
Donald ***** in Miami.
Alessandra Ambrosio (brazilian supermodel) while we were waiting for a flight at Sao Paulo Int'l. Airport.
Artists and politicians in my native Brazil.

i met MC Hammer in the early 90's when he was huge. :shame: he was nice but much shorter than i expected.

i also met Henry Rollins in the late 80's at a bar. he was a pompous ass and very "hard" looking.

Many many years, Jeames Steward at the Berlin film festival, Michael Douglas a couple of years ago (boy it actually was in 1990) he stayed in the same hotel in Mallorca. Nicholas Cage in an LA restaurant, really not my cup of tea!
Oh Elton John 2 summers ago in Venise...and a couple more. thru family.

Okay I have seen, meet and been friends more famous people then I can think of. I went to Beverly Hills High and was friends with David Schwimmer and Jonathan Silverman. My first boyfriend was the son of a famous singer. I grew up around a lot of famous people. When I was very young I remember playing pac man with Michael Jackson (he was also very young and still normal)

I am not sure how many people know who Wayne Kramer is. He was the guitarist for MC5 (one of the 1st punk bands in the early 70's) He lived upstairs from me for many years. I even sold him my car.

My best friend has had sex with Ricky Martin a bunch of times. And yes my best friend is a guy.

One night I was waiting to pick up my food and Jennifer Aniston started talking to me about my dog who was wearing a Coach leather and Sherling jacket.

I probably see someone famous weekly but I will never go up to them.

My DH works at a animal hospital and he see's famous people all the time there.

Oh I almost forgot it was pretty cool when I met Bruce Springsteen. Without him I would have never met my DH

Name all the famous people you have Met, Seen, or Talked to...

Also if any of you're friends or family have Met, Seen, or Talked to someone famous..

Vanessa Carlton at Six Flags....LOL

The boy Andy in the chuckie movies... Really nice guy, met him at a haunted house.. I asked him if he was afraid of the doll..LOL

Bruce Willis at Atlantic City.. Seemed shorter in person

Kazem Saher (Famous Arabic singer)
kazem.jpg

Nancy Ajram (popular Arabic singer) I actually had to go buy her some tuna fish because she did not like chicken or beef... I help my uncle at his restaurant and she was singing over there.. So she made a SO for some tuna fish..LOL:roflmfao:
nancy_ajram_wedding.jpg

My family has always known the royal family of Jordan
My grandfather was always besides the King Hussein of Jordan, they were very close friends..

When my grandparents got married, Queen Dina of Jordan attended their week long weeding.. This was along time ago though..:yes:
dina.jpg

Queen%20Dina.jpg

u1281152inp7ed.jpg

King Hussein and Queen Nour went to my Great Aunts house for dinner.. OMG I wish I was there..
re17.jpg

My other Great Aunt that lives in the US had dinner with George W. Bush before he was president.. YIKKES

Thats all I could think of now..​

I have seen a lot since my school is very close to one of our country's most popular watched music television stations. I saw a handful of comedians like Russel Peters, Trevor Boris, among others I can't remember the names of. I usually walk right by though because I'm not easily star-struck. I treat them and view them like your average joe, because really that's what they are.

I also saw Freddie Prinze Jr. driving his red convertible on a small road. He is a horrible driver. Took him like 3 whole minutes to make a u-turn when there were absolutely no cars. Is he still with Sarah Michelle? I saw him with another mystery blonde..

Yes, Living in Los Angeles I see Celebs all the time. It is a normal thing.

Just 2 nights ago while at the Bruce Springsteen concert I was standing next to Jeremy Piven and John Stamos.

A few months ago I saw Jennifer Aniston at a restaurant across the street and she started talking to me.

Last week I saw McSteamy eating dinner while out walking my dog. (He and many others go into the Animal Hospital my DH works at)

I knew David Schwimmer in High School.

My first boyfriend father was famous (No I am not telling who it is)

This does not count but when Jessica Simpson and John Mayer were dating I was very surprised to open up a gossip magazine and see a photo that was taken right in front of where I live. They were walking to their car after lunch. I see lots of celebs eating there and it is right next door to where I live.