Have you ever buy a bag just because its so popular and everyone has it!?

No, I dont think so. Actually, I didn't buy Balenciaga for about 10 years because I thought was a bit "It" bag-ish (and I was a university student when it first came out). I finally caved this year grabbing a 'new boutique fresh' First (although it was on sale and from 2009 season) because I loved the colour & HW combo, loved the design, and didn't have a casual-ish bag in this size/volume and carrying options (handheld and shoulder). Most if not all of my bags are purchased with purpose in mind though. (with the exception of clutches, which I have an unpractical collection of but LOVE all of them).

I think if you can actually qualify/quantify usage of the bag on more than one level your not going to have too many regrets with the purchase.

No. I will buy a bag that works for me but may not necessarily work for everyone and that is what I find so attractive about handbag watching! If everyone followed the masses it would be so boring!

yesss...it happened to me when i was first time saw MK with Alexander Wang rocco bag (around 2010)...and i saw many celebs carrying that IT bag in google...and i told myself i should have that bag...not because it's popular but also because i like the style...it's nice and unique and i love it...i don't know the brand at the 1st time until my friend told me it's alexander wang... because it was really hard to find awang bag in my city since awang was not popular in here...but thank God there's On Pedder shop in my city so i can get my dream popular bag :rochard:
Actually i love LV speedy bag since before and thought it will be my first designer bag...but then i saw there were too many people carry that bag either it was real or fake, then i end up bought Gucci joy boston crystal bag for my first designer bag, which i adore so much... now i still want LV bandouliere but always on and off since too many people carrying the fake one :panic:

Nope never. But there have beens bags that I thought were ugly at first but then the more I saw them, the more they grew on me. Never bought anything just because it's popular though.

Yes, bought a Celine luggage...but then again i am bag obsessed. The celine to be honest in my opinion is so impractical, I prefer straps for the shoulder or longer strap to just drap off your shoulder.

I do get influenced by celebrities carrying bags. I love seeing the same bag on many celebrities. However, I would only buy the bag if it looked good on me. If it was too big, then I won't buy it. Or else it would look like luggage.

I think that sometimes we 'want' it so much we convince ourselves we 'need' the accessory.
I think that it is more durable and does not get outdated in style compared to the more affordable accessories, which I believe that, that is what we are really paying for.

My first designer bag was a black leather Hobo bag from Gucci. I did not buy it because it's popular but because I think it's beautiful. After I fall in love with speedy, have already collected 5 of them: because it's a classic bag and it fits well my style, but not because it's a popular bag.
I think if a bag is popular certainly means that it worth to buy, but it should not be the only reason to buy.
I totally agree that it's better to save money to buy a good quality and nice bag than to buy lots of crapy bags.

No.....On the contrary I like to be different.
My first designer bag was an LV Speedy. Ant that was a long time ago.
You didn't see many of those at the time. LV was not such a well-known brand.
I bought it because I was looking for a versatile and light weight bag.
It was not that expensive either.
I still use it today.

When was LV not a well known brand? It's been around since the late 1800's.