Have any of you ever been too shy/embarrased to carry your LV bag?

Most people are far too busy worrying about what other people think about them to even notice what bag you're carrying and judge you for it.

I think most of us think people notice us WAY more than they actually do.

That reminds me of a quote I heard on Dr Phil (LOL, yes I admit it - I am guilty of watching at times!) years ago that stuck in my head:

"You wouldn't worry so much about what other people think of you if you realised how seldom they do."

I get embarassed or shy or self concious in front of a few different friends..

who always have to make.. comments and give backward glances.

I like nice things. I am not rich, but I save for things I want.. and I feel a little guilty or whatever.. when I have to hear judgements on my bags, jewelry etc.

I am usually so excited to be using one of my lovely LV's:yahoo: that I don't really worry about what other people think, I'm sure most people are too busy going about their business to be looking at my bag, wondering how much it cost etc.

I get wierd about carrying my LV's sometimes. I like to check out thrift stores and garage sales occasionally for unique art work/home decor. I never carry my LVs when I go. If I did it probably wouldn't matter---most people would probably just think its fake. But I don't like advertising that I can afford an LV when I am negotiating prices on art etc.

I work hard for my Louis Vuittons so I carry them every single day. I carry the damier patterns and I don't think anyone who isn't into Louis Vuitton themselves even knows what it is because we had a conversation about Louis Vuitton in my marketing class on no one paid attention to the fact I had one and it's a small class.

For those that do know it's Louis Vuitton, great. If they don't like it or judge me for it, it's their problem not mine. I love my bags and I will continue to carry them everyday.

I currently don't own any LV, because I'm generally not into monograms or many other LV styles for that matter. However, last summer I spotted a girl at Ikea with an LV Palermo GM:love:. It just had the loveliest patina and she looked so in love, on the arm of her boyfriend... I swear it could've been an ad about love and happiness.

To be honest, I only thought LV produced monogrammed speedies prior to that moment :shame:, how much I've learned since then. I was so in love and am currently looking for a specific LV monogrammed bag, but I have this fear that I might never wear it due to feeling too self-conscious, fake, and or obnoxiously opulent.

My Mono bag bothers me. I feel it can be too flashy at times, and might be an advertisement for thieves to follow me to my car.

Also with the bad economy, I feel especially uncomfortable carrying it. Hopefully that will change, I love my bag!

First of all, great topic!

Yes, I do get a little shy using my LV's. I'm only a student and I tend to feel ostentatious compared to my friends who still carry Coach. I'm the kind of person who likes to fly under the radar.

Drat, I can't remember if I posted here or not about this, but ..

I am not shy / embarrassed; for me it is more like being careful. I don't drive, so I do not feel comfortable all the time carrying my LV on the subway openly like that :sad:.

That's an eye-opening question. Never having experienced being shy or embarrassed to carry any of my LV items, it never dawned on me that others might. I don't really understand the emotion or why one would by something they would be embarrassed to use. Thanks for bringing the topic up.