Have any of you ever been too shy/embarrased to carry your LV bag?

I cant imagine spending the ammount of money that it costs for these bags (of course they are worth it :P) and not use it because you fear what other people might think or say to you. I say if your that worried about what other people thnk you should probably not ever leave your home:smile:

Hey all,

Although some of you might find what I asked to be a silly question, it seems like there are people out there that buy, but struggle to wear their bags. How I look at it, they just don't want to wear it in front of people to avoid being judged, or they don't know others to feel bad, etc.

What do you think about this? Do you ever go through the same problem, or know of anyone that has? Does it make you question why they bought it in the first place?

Finally, what can you say to someone who had bought the bag, to just go out there and wear it?

Thanks! =)

Nope...I wear mine with pride, as I would any of my pieces...from any designer.

My DH bought a mono stresa for my 44th birthday. I really wanted a Speedy but since he was buying - he got to choose.

To be quite honest, I was a bit embarrassed to carry it. We live in a small town and I don't dress up and "go out" so if I was going to carry it, it was to work, son's ball games, grocery shopping and just every day stuff. My DH was happy that he could afford to buy the purse for me so he definitely wanted me to carry it. I felt awkward at basketball games carrying such a "lily white" brand spanking new LV. I know I looked awkward with it too because I was so self conscious about it! I don't think I've seen another LV in town.

I've since bought a pre-loved mono speedy that I carry everyday and only carry the stresa when I'm with my hubby or to the mall. Since the speedy is more "common" I'm more comfortable carrying her everyday. I bought an Azur Noe to carry for the summer and I think I'm OK with that since it's not as "recognizable" as an LV from a distance. I think most of the people I'm around at school functions and on weekends know my purses are real but they don't ask and I don't tell.

I do feel awkward carrying them when I'm around people I know that are having a hard time making ends meet because "There by the grace of God go I"! I enjoy LV purses and have wanted a real one for a long time. I certainly could have bought a fake many times over but there is just something about knowing you've got the real thing even if nobody else knows it but you.

There is only one of my bags I am ashamed to carry out.

My Chanel. Its gorgeous but its expensive. And I think a lot of people knows this.

Shortly I will be moving to a new area, which is a working area and not that people live in poverty there or anything, but it still makes me uncomfortable.

I am also scared that someone will find out the kind of bags and other things that I will keep in my house and their value and try to break in.

Other than that, I feel like I have to dress up when I wear Chanel and like I said, the area I am moving to is far, far away from high class, so it would feel very weird. But they might not even know what a Chanel is, so maybe I will be lucky.

However, the inside of the house I am moving to is gorgeous, so I am happy!

I cant imagine spending the ammount of money that it costs for these bags (of course they are worth it :P) and not use it because you fear what other people might think or say to you. I say if your that worried about what other people thnk you should probably not ever leave your home:smile:

agreed. i don't flaunt my things but its not going to stop me from using them. i definitely can't imagine spending that kind of money & not using it bc im embarrassed or worried about others. what's the point of buying it if its just going to sit in the closet!!!??

I carry mine with pride and they make me smile. I don't flaunt them but I'm not going to apologize for them either. Just be proud and enjoy them or it takes all of the pleasure out of carrying one.

I have been carrying designer bags for a long time, and at times, I still feel weird carrying my bags to certain places or around certain people.

I have come to realize that I can't change the perceptions of others, but I do know myself, and I am appreciative for everything I have.

Hi,I just took my new bag on her first shopping trip today. Not that I am ashamed to wear the bag, but afraid of getting robed. It was a lot of fun to listen and look at people's reactions. Some were only looking, others were whispering; that can not be the real thing!
I went into a fancy shop and two SA's came right to me, and complimented the bag.
I don't know many people in my neighbourhood that own real LV bags, I do see a lot of fakes. So mine does feel extra special. I was so proud today!

Most people are far too busy worrying about what other people think about them to even notice what bag you're carrying and judge you for it.

I think most of us think people notice us WAY more than they actually do.

I don't know what I'd say. I have an aunt who's had a Trevi for about 2 years, maybe more, and it's been in its box since she purchased it. Makes me sad for that beautiful bag. =(

I feel like that sometimes, I recently moved from the Washington DC area to a small town in Ohio (land of the LV fakes) and I can't help but feel "overdressed" when my LV is swinging on my arm.