Has Bergdorf Goodman gone downhill?

I purchased at least one (maybe two, can't remember) Chanel bag(s) from Bergdorf's over the phone - it's been several years and at the time I had a SA so I simply texted her my cc info (she's no longer with BG). One bag was limited edition and hard to get. No card on file. However, it's much more competitive now so maybe she's trying to give you the best chance.
Yes, according to her this is the only way I'd be able to get it. However I am hesitant since I don't live locally and if something is wrong with the bag, I'd be so stressed out with the whole return shipping process. I wish there was a way for me to see photos at least before committing.

Yes, according to her this is the only way I'd be able to get it. However I am hesitant since I don't live locally and if something is wrong with the bag, I'd be so stressed out with the whole return shipping process. I wish there was a way for me to see photos at least before committing
BG does make a return process fairly easy I have found.
Think it is worth taking a chance if you really want the bag.
I will say the Chanel bags do get spoken for rather quickly
If you are using an Amex card not to much to worry about

Last edited:
Reactions: baghagg and YEANETT
BG does make a return process fairly easy I have found.
Think it is worth taking a chance if you really want the bag.
I will say the Chanel bags do get spoken for rather quickly
If you are using an Amex card not to much to worry about
That's a good point. I'll call my AMEX and see how well I'm protected and maybe then take a chance. Thank you!

Bergdorf's most heavenly room! I wish it was still organized like this!

View attachment 5805408
How beautiful. It's been about 10 years since my last NYC visit. I didn't get a change to visit BG. With the rumors of NM selling off BG, I hope this store stay around for a long time. It's the last of the great U.S. luxury retailers. We already lost Barneys.. what a shame.

• Love
Reactions: JLO1
Placed an order for cosmetics two weeks ago from BG - ordered from: Surratt, Tom Ford, Chantecaille, Bobbi Brown.
In total ordered 13 itemes. I cannot believe this, but so far I have received only 4 items, and All were shipped seperately.
I have received 4 seperate packages one being a small box for an tiny eye brush. Besides using gas and not being sustainable how is this a good business model? I am scared! Also received two texts from the hair salon closing upstairs where my hair professionals are going.

I ordered a hard to find fragrance from BG about 6 weeks ago. I ordered a Cle de Peau concealer along with it. THe CdP item had a GWP, that I didn't want but had no way to "uncheck." This order of three items took 4 weeks, several phone calls, and arrived in three separate packages. The Gift with purcase was a tiny mask sample in a 1.5" by 1.5" squeezable pouch. It arrived in a mailer that was so small Fed Ex lost it for a while (I didn't care but Fed Ex kept sending texts of "delay of package." It makes me very leery to order something from BG again.

Reactions: LemonDrop and JLO1