has anyone bought a speedy base on ebay?

I don't really see the point of these things - a waste of money IMO. I wouldn't need it, as I always carry either a book or a magazine in my bags anyhow, so my speedies never get the slightest chance to sag, and I have my reading material with me! For people who don't do that, a piece of cardboard will do the job just as well.

I haven't bought one yet but I like it! I also like the pillows. I use white tissue paper right now but I really don't like it. I think I will get the pillow and the shaper for my MC speedy 30.

I bought one thinking it was a great idea and ended up not using it. A magazine seems to work much better. The base is too stiff (squared) wheras the magazine gives a little. Good luck with your decision. I do like the pillow though!!

I bought one for my Damier Azur Speedy 30. It worked. But $20 seems like a lot now that I think about it. I've since sold my 30 (I shipped the base shaper along with it ) because it was too big. I now have both Ebone and Azur Damier Speedy 25's. No need for a base shaper in those...my chameleon insert works just fine. The pillow is a nice idea though.

I bought one for my Denim Patchwork Gris Speedy this past summer, but it didn't fit (too big). She was great and she gave me a full refund. I would order if I ever got a sagging Speedy. I wonder if she is also the one making the bottoms for the Neverfulls on ebay....??

thanks yeuxhonnetes :tup:

what's your opinion on the base? my 2nd option i guess is a purseket. but, i've read some people having a problem with the purseket color bleeding onto their bag :confused1:

i use BOTH a base and a Purseket; i hate the sagging that much :lol:. i haven't had a problem with bleeding, maybe because i get the Pursekets that are the closest in color to the lining of the bags

Here is a trick I learned here on tPF. For my Mini Lin 30. I take an empty DVD case and open it up and lay it flat on the bottom. It is a perfect fit. And no sag.

I bought one too, Love it! hate the saggy look, I agree nothing should sag.I love my bag bra! lol. I think its worht the investment, plus your bag stays clean on the bottom too!