has anyone bought a speedy base on ebay?

I believe the seller is a well established tPF member. I purchased a stuffer pillow from her last week for my Keepall 50, I think it will be well worth the money - it takes a lot of tshirts and towels to fill up that bag to keep it uncreased, so I think it's going to be a great investment. As for the speedy bottoms, won't magazines curl, tear, get wet if you've got a water bottle in there? I'd spend the $20 to protect a $600 bag!

I would buy it! I would never use a magazine as a base: it would make the bag too heavy!

This is exactly why I was considering buying the base because I find a magazine makes the whole bag heavy, causing unnecessary stress on the handles, stitching, etc. I want my bag to last and age gracefully and if you put too much in it, it starts to look old fast!

Is the base quite light-weight then? If it is, then I think I will buy.

I have bought bases for all my speedys from jennycola at ebay. She ships the items out quickly, gives discounts for multiple purchases too.

I don't think it's a waste of money to invest on something that will make you happy.. hee hee..AND protect your investment (i.e. expensive items). If you are an OC-ish (obsessive compulsive) kinda gal with your stuff and you do not like the sag, or you have a particular look that you want your bag to have.. I don't think it's wrong to buy this base shaper. I also don't mind improvising (like using magszines, dvd cases, etc), but if I have an extra $ for buying the base, I would... and I did! :yahoo:

I totally agree with ^above. For the few dollars, I think totally worth it. Not to mention, any vernis pieces that are not in sleepers could pick up the print from the mags. :sad:
The clear one would be my preference but the shipping charges are outrageous. I think I will check out the jennycola ones.

I hate the sag, and my chameleon insert works fairly well, but I'd still like a firmer bottom (pun intended :P). Has anyone who uses a base, whether it's a magazine or one made special have any problem with excessive wear at the bottom corners? That's what I'd be afraid of in using a base.

I totally agree with ^above. For the few dollars, I think totally worth it. Not to mention, any vernis pieces that are not in sleepers could pick up the print from the mags. :sad:
The clear one would be my preference but the shipping charges are outrageous. I think I will check out the jennycola ones.

i think it's about the same price all in all. i guess i have a bit of that "OC-ish" because if the brown base didn't match the inside interior... i think it will bug me eventually :confused1:

anyways, i think it's a good investment if you dont like the sag. plus, you can always take it out and use it on your other speedies :tup: