Halzan being discontinued

Feb 22, 2020
Today I was chatting to my SA and admired a Halzan on the display and happened to mention it was still on my radar and hoped for a 31.
He then informed me the Halzan is being discontinued :crybaby:
I'm really sad about this as its a really practical under the radar bag with the option for cross body as well as hand carry, an option which not that many H bag designs offer.
My SA also laughed and said I was the only person he'd met who also lamented the fact that Birkin 35 and above is no longer produced in Swift (I declined bothering to make a 'wish' when I found out my prefered choice a 35 or 40 in swift was no longer produced).
Is anyone else sad to hear about the demise of the Halzan?

Although I never had one because it sadly did not seem right for me, it struck me from the first as being an imaginative addition to the range introducing something new and fresh without a gimmick like a latch.
A bag that would join the QB Trinity or become a classic like the Evelyne, Bolide, Garden Party, Herbag and Double Sens.

Although I never had one because it sadly did not seem right for me, it struck me from the first as being an imaginative addition to the range introducing something new and fresh without a gimmick like a latch.
A bag that would join the QB Trinity or become a classic like the Evelyne, Bolide, Garden Party, Herbag and Double Sens.
I think that you have summed up why I felt the Halzan was a welcome addition to the Hermes bag offering...
Its original in its design, versatile and most importantly free from gimmick.
I find too many of the offerings now have very obvious hardware and I for one prefer designs like the Massai, Gao, White Bus,Paris Bombay, Colorado, and Initiale where there is no obvious hardware.
For me personally Hermes best designs are all about the leather, hardware is minimal or non existant..
Back on topic:
I knew the Halzan was being discontinued in the 31 so hearing the 25 is discontinued too was a suprise.

I feel exactly the same way. I wish Hermes would read tpf to see how many of its customers feel about certain aspects of the brand and its designs.

I think that you have summed up why I felt the Halzan was a welcome addition to the Hermes bag offering...
Its original in its design, versatile and most importantly free from gimmick.
I find too many of the offerings now have very obvious hardware and I for one prefer designs like the Massai, Gao, White Bus,Paris Bombay, Colorado, and Initiale where there is no obvious hardware.
For me personally Hermes best designs are all about the leather, hardware is minimal or non existant..
Back on topic:
I knew the Halzan was being discontinued in the 31 so hearing the 25 is discontinued too was a suprise.
I recently became a halzan fan and love my 25 for travel. My store told me last year they were stop ordering it and sad to see it discontinued. I think part of the problem is h pushing ppl to either quota or starter bags. I secretly hoped h would make a size 28 since i think that would be the perfect size for travel.

I recently became a halzan fan and love my 25 for travel. My store told me last year they were stop ordering it and sad to see it discontinued. I think part of the problem is h pushing ppl to either quota or starter bags. I secretly hoped h would make a size 28 since i think that would be the perfect size for travel.
I feel Hermes are pushing the della cavalleria and geta quite strongly.
Interestingly in London at least I've never seen the arcon on display or in the wild, which is another one of the newer bag offerings,
I've seen the hac a dos on display however and a couple in the wild.