Halzan being discontinued

I recently became a halzan fan and love my 25 for travel. My store told me last year they were stop ordering it and sad to see it discontinued. I think part of the problem is h pushing ppl to either quota or starter bags. I secretly hoped h would make a size 28 since i think that would be the perfect size for travel.
YES…a 28 would have been perfect (and in a lighter leather than Clemence)!

Reactions: cad33
I feel Hermes are pushing the della cavalleria and geta quite strongly.
Interestingly in London at least I've never seen the arcon on display or in the wild, which is another one of the newer bag offerings,
I've seen the hac a dos on display however and a couple in the wild.
If memory serves, there’s a lot more stitching in the Halzan than in the Della Cavalleria or the Geta; presumably that makes the latter bags more cost effective (cough, cough) to produce. But as we know, the ways of H can be mysterious…

If memory serves, there’s a lot more stitching in the Halzan than in the Della Cavalleria or the Geta; presumably that makes the latter bags more cost effective (cough, cough) to produce. But as we know, the ways of H can be mysterious…
Back in the day (last century) when the Morris Mini was introduced, it was one of the least expensive cars you could buy.
At the end of its production life it method of construction meant that every car was almost running at a loss, so it had to be discontinued.
I could understand if the cost of Halzan production rivals that of a Birkin or Kelly, but it's lower perceived status means that it cannot be sold at a profitable price.

Interestingly in London at least I've never seen the arcon on display or in the wild, which is another one of the newer bag offerings,
I saw a crazy amount of arcon on display in Asia during vacation but also saw some halzans in 25 too. Initially I wanted the della cavalleria but cannot unsee the comments of what it kind of looks like.

I also think both of those bags are quite structural while i find by the end of my vacation my halzan became a bit floppy from the weight which i ended up loving more.

Agree with Hermes pushing Della Cavalleria and Geta. A store I visited in France (not Paris) showed me an Arcon when I asked if they had any available, but they did not have any on display at the time either.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Tbh I was never really a huge fan of the Halzan because I prefer a more structured bag. That said, it's an extremely versatile bag and I do feel this is a loss overall for the bag lover. Thankfully, there's a relatively robust secondhand market--and if you want to grab one now, you're going to get a better deal than you will once the bag is actively gone from stores.

Today I was chatting to my SA and admired a Halzan on the display and happened to mention it was still on my radar and hoped for a 31.
He then informed me the Halzan is being discontinued :crybaby:
I'm really sad about this as its a really practical under the radar bag with the option for cross body as well as hand carry, an option which not that many H bag designs offer.
My SA also laughed and said I was the only person he'd met who also lamented the fact that Birkin 35 and above is no longer produced in Swift (I declined bothering to make a 'wish' when I found out my prefered choice a 35 or 40 in swift was no longer produced).
Is anyone else sad to hear about the demise of the Halzan?
Interesting you mention this.

I was chatting with the ASM and she mentioned that a client had been waiting for THREE years for her Halzan and they very rarely get them in. She said those bags are basically harder to get than a Birkin or Kelly. I was in disbelief and didn't know what she was talking about, but it all makes sense now if they are planning to discontinue.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I too am longing for a Halzan and was hoping to add it to my wish list after receiving my first QB. I immediately reached out to my SA (I’m in the US) and she has not heard about it being discontinued (yet?). Perhaps only in Europe? Anyone else check with their SAs?

Last edited: