Hall of Shame: Post the Ebay Fakes Here!

Please help me report this ebay seller. She tried to scam me with this bag with a different seller ID A few months ago. The location is the same, the username has the same last name, and the bag has the same flaw. It was determined to be a fake by Bababebi. She tied up my money for weeks, and was unresponisve. I was finally refunded by ebay. I've learned my lesson, but I know if I'm the only one to report nothing will happen.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/332457495221

Eta: here was the original listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-...rmes-Birkin-w-Palladium-Hardware/192306926749

Yes. I do realize it was a ridiculous gamble. I'm just floored that this person has the audacity to pull this stunt again.

It has been removed [emoji16]

Reactions: quinna
The moment we have all been waiting for .. a 2017AW fake on ebay !
https://www.ebay.com/itm/scarf-Hermes-100-Silk-90-90-Cm/292319461953?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
seller katerinmelkadz0
A few of the (many) tells ...
Photo 2 - the colors are wrong - too pale , not saturated and the greens are badly done - clash ? I know this tell is difficult to discern ... see photo 8 & 11
Photo 3 - hem is badly sewn - wavy, black guidelines should not show - see also photo 8
Photo 3 - multiple printing errors on copyright
Photo 8 - nasty printing on title , not quite blurry but not crisp either
It used to be possible (15 years ago) to discern a fake by a single tell - wrong color hair on person - things are not so easy any more but this fake is a good example of overall mediocrity, it just does not sparkle like it should and sparkle/wow factor is important
I picked out tells that are on the silk - you cannot get rid of them , except by deliberately keeping them out of the shot - another reason for asking for a complete set of photos
This fake is unusual , most fakes are sold with far less extensive photos
Very interresting, thank you.

The moment we have all been waiting for .. a 2017AW fake on ebay !
https://www.ebay.com/itm/scarf-Hermes-100-Silk-90-90-Cm/292319461953?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
seller katerinmelkadz0
A few of the (many) tells ...
Photo 2 - the colors are wrong - too pale , not saturated and the greens are badly done - clash ? I know this tell is difficult to discern ... see photo 8 & 11
Photo 3 - hem is badly sewn - wavy, black guidelines should not show - see also photo 8
Photo 3 - multiple printing errors on copyright
Photo 8 - nasty printing on title , not quite blurry but not crisp either
It used to be possible (15 years ago) to discern a fake by a single tell - wrong color hair on person - things are not so easy any more but this fake is a good example of overall mediocrity, it just does not sparkle like it should and sparkle/wow factor is important
I picked out tells that are on the silk - you cannot get rid of them , except by deliberately keeping them out of the shot - another reason for asking for a complete set of photos
This fake is unusual , most fakes are sold with far less extensive photos

Amazing work, MT. I'm grateful that you took the time to do this. This is one of those scarves that (did I not know better) I would have just pegged as "off" and would avoid - the material looks cheap, the colors don't look quite right. The only real giveaway to my eye would be that awful-looking copyright, as it's wrong in multiple ways. And I find only the front half of the cw tag showing suspicious too (you know it's either fake and it has the wrong print on the other piece or it's a real tag from a different design!)

I feel like you've given my mental scarf-verifying a software update!!! Fake finding 7.0!

Amazing work, MT. I'm grateful that you took the time to do this. This is one of those scarves that (did I not know better) I would have just pegged as "off" and would avoid - the material looks cheap, the colors don't look quite right. The only real giveaway to my eye would be that awful-looking copyright, as it's wrong in multiple ways. And I find only the front half of the cw tag showing suspicious too (you know it's either fake and it has the wrong print on the other piece or it's a real tag from a different design!)

I feel like you've given my mental scarf-verifying a software update!!! Fake finding 7.0!
Thank you !

Reactions: BBC
the material looks cheap, the colors don't look quite right. The only real giveaway to my eye would be that awful-looking copyright, as it's wrong in multiple ways. And I find only the front half of the cw tag showing suspicious too !
Yes, there are definitely many things off, and the final tell is the sum of them, not just any one in particular
The color being off - recent one at $800 where the colors were HIDEOUS, yet it was an authentic grail. Would you pay $800?
Shiny fabric - too much camera flash and the fabric looks shiny
Cw tags used to be a good tell but there are sometimes odd looking real ones
Have seen some recent wonky copyrights on the photos straight from the Hermes web site
So, definitely the algorithm for the software is that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts

Last edited:
See post 5183
There has always been a discussion as to what constitutes a forgery ... These scarves lack the identifying marks (logo) intended to fool a buyer and the seller does disclose these are not by Hermes
In my opinion - no one has to agree - these are inspired by designs ... not forgeries. Reporting this seller is not time well spent - the disclosure weighs heavily in my eyes - there is no attempt to deceive
I think Ebay's primary focus is on complaints post sale - from the buyer who has the item in hand. Unhappy customers are a priority issue.
But, are complaints prior to sale different? Ebay gets complaints about honest-to-gosh forgeries (eg from me) but seems (?) to do nothing immediately, I presume Ebay has to see a trend of complaints before action is taken pre sale? After all, the pre-sale complaints might be from a robot, a flake (with an axe to grind) or a person who is uneducated in fake detection..
So, for me,. I would not bother with reporting this seller in part becasue nothing will happen(/) without a sustained trend of complaints
Now reporting the person who, month after month, sells fakes emblazoned with a fake Hermes logo & fake copyrights & describes the scarf as authentic is another matter, that is time well spent

See post 5183
There has always been a discussion as to what constitutes a forgery ... These scarves lack the identifying marks (logo) intended to fool a buyer and the seller does disclose these are not by Hermes
In my opinion - no one has to agree - these are inspired by designs ... not forgeries. Reporting this seller is not time well spent - the disclosure weighs heavily in my eyes - there is no attempt to deceive
I think Ebay's primary focus is on complaints post sale - from the buyer who has the item in hand. Unhappy customers are a priority issue.
But, are complaints prior to sale different? Ebay gets complaints about honest-to-gosh forgeries (eg from me) but seems (?) to do nothing immediately, I presume Ebay has to see a trend of complaints before action is taken pre sale? After all, the pre-sale complaints might be from a robot, a flake (with an axe to grind) or a person who is uneducated in fake detection..
So, for me,. I would not bother with reporting this seller in part becasue nothing will happen(/) without a sustained trend of complaints
Now reporting the person who, month after month, sells fakes emblazoned with a fake Hermes logo & fake copyrights & describes the scarf as authentic is another matter, that is time well spent

I'm quite agree with you on your conclusion that is useless to report to ebay. However, I thought Hermès scarf designs were protected by copyright. IMO, in this case, it is more than just an inspiration. Maybe the action should be initiated by the company.
Thank you for your answer!

I'm quite agree with you on your conclusion that is useless to report to ebay. However, I thought Hermès scarf designs were protected by copyright. IMO, in this case, it is more than just an inspiration. Maybe the action should be initiated by the company.
Thank you for your answer!
Designers have always been inspired by each other and I have no idea what constitutes an infringement (in a legal sense) of Intellectual Property
But6, I am confident that Hermes well paid phalanx of lawyers will handle it
It is a sticky matter - after all, Hermes does a lot of business in China and the clone/forgeries/fakes seem to all be made in China - so, I leave it to them

Reactions: QueenieQ
OMG someone could make a fool out of me LOL ! I would NEVER have thought ! Aghast ! This design has - for years - been in the never faked /will never fake pile
This is a fake - SANSSOUCI/VOLTAIRE in 55 in
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HERMES-SIL...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
seller 00dima00
Again - cannot believe they bothered to fake this one !
I have always thought/felt that the fakers chose culturally-neutral scarves as victims. - abstract = faked, floral = faked, toys themed = faked , animals = faked , uber French scarf = not faked
BUT this one is arguably the only (?) Franco-German (not Swiss) themed Hermes scarf . I LOVE this design, the story is so rich, but UNIVERSAL appeal, I think not ... I learned about the strange Voltaire vignettes as a child - you gotta be a Voltaire fan to love - not exactly a mainstream interest
Stuns me that they picked this one - and recently too - the design is from the 1990s but a 55 in fake would be recent
I am gobsmacked!

OMG someone could make a fool out of me LOL ! I would NEVER have thought ! Aghast ! This design has - for years - been in the never faked /will never fake pile
This is a fake - SANSSOUCI/VOLTAIRE in 55 in
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HERMES-SIL...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
seller 00dima00
Again - cannot believe they bothered to fake this one !
I have always thought/felt that the fakers chose culturally-neutral scarves as victims. - abstract = faked, floral = faked, toys themed = faked , animals = faked , uber French scarf = not faked
BUT this one is arguably the only (?) Franco-German (not Swiss) themed Hermes scarf . I LOVE this design, the story is so rich, but UNIVERSAL appeal, I think not ... I learned about the strange Voltaire vignettes as a child - you gotta be a Voltaire fan to love - not exactly a mainstream interest
Stuns me that they picked this one - and recently too - the design is from the 1990s but a 55 in fake would be recent
I am gobsmacked!

OMG!!!!!