Hairy Lip Helper...

Just this past weekend I got rid of mine for the first time. I did threading..it hurt like hell but man do i look better lol. i go to the same place they thread my eyebrows.

do threading or laser it off, those are the best bets.

if you're thinking of laser do it at a dermatologists office please do not go to any of those laser centers or spas.

So I went to get my eyebrows waxed and shaped for the first time only to find out this woman threaded instead. It hurt like a mo-fo but I;m not sure how it's different from waxing? Why not get your upper lip/eyebrows waxed? Is it safer to thread? Whenever I mention threading to any girl here at work they just cringe and say to wax!

So I went to get my eyebrows waxed and shaped for the first time only to find out this woman threaded instead. It hurt like a mo-fo but I;m not sure how it's different from waxing? Why not get your upper lip/eyebrows waxed? Is it safer to thread? Whenever I mention threading to any girl here at work they just cringe and say to wax!
I think people are anti-waxing for sanitary purposes.....
The wax is usually used all day )hopefully not everyday for all customers in some places.
I know a girl who broke out in bumps on her upper lids right under the brow and the dermatologist said it was a viral infection from the community wax used at the nail salon.......
EEEEEEEwwwwwwwww!!
BTW - it didn't scare me enough, I still wax eyebrows every so often, but pluck myself in between!

I can't stand getting waxed anymore after trying threading. Waxing always makes me break out and it takes me weeks to recover.

i read waxing will cause your upperlip to wrinkle over time because of the pulling and damage of the skin. i use to wax my eyebrows too but then i saw that they double dip where i went at the nail salon so i stopped. ew. so i just do treading for both.

i love threading much more than waxing, although when it comes to my upper lip, i ask them to wax it first and then thread anything left. i feel like it lasts longer and it hurts to thread around the lip line. this saves you the pain!

My eyes are welling up with tears just thinking about threading on my upper lip!

I usually bleach since the hair is so thin.

I thought about laser before but my friend had it done 12 times for her upper lip and under arms and it came back. I'm told it is because it does not work as well on Asians since our hair is darker? :sad:

^^yes you can use that too. Bottom line is that threading, waxing, shaving, tweezing and the depilatories ALL give the SAME results. Temporary hair removal.

I say go for the electrolysis or Laser to get rid of it FOREVER !!:yes:

It's all individual though and each person is different.