Ha Ha You know your bag is too heavy when

I'm bumping this thread 'cause I think manufacturers should keep this factor into consideration when designing a bag. My request would be the maximum weight of a magnificent leather bag empty is 1 1/2 lbs. empty! I challenge any designer!!!
In fact, I have noticed that, now, some websites include the weight in the description of the bags they sell. It's something very recent, I think.
I completely agree with you, a bag shouldn't weigh more than one and a half pound!
To answer your question, I think a bag is too heavy when I have to change its location from my left shoulder to the right then from my right shoulder to the left....then from my right arm to the left and.....Well, you know what I mean....

In fact, I have noticed that, now, some websites include the weight in the description of the bags they sell. It's something very recent, I think.
I completely agree with you, a bag shouldn't weigh more than one and a half pound!
To answer your question, I think a bag is too heavy when I have to change its location from my left shoulder to the right then from my right shoulder to the left....then from my right arm to the left and.....Well, you know what I mean....

I know exactly what you mean!! I do this on a daily basis. It's pathetic. I really can't understand why it's not done. I would be extremely satisfied with an unlined bag and feel the natural suede side of the leather if it means less weight.

I know exactly what you mean!! I do this on a daily basis. It's pathetic. I really can't understand why it's not done. I would be extremely satisfied with an unlined bag and feel the natural suede side of the leather if it means less weight.

I've had leather bags that were unlined and they were a nightmare to deal with. Shedding EVERYWHERE. I ended up having to carry a bag organizer inside just to keep my stuff shed-free, which defeated the purpose of having an unlined bag.

When my shoulder is hurt and i asked DH to carry my bag:P He ever carried my alexander wang rocco and balenciaga velo during our trip and said that i put stone into my bags hahahha... The bag itself already damn heavy!! But i love hardware on bags. Luckily i don't own chloe paddington that people claims it too heavy with big lock that look alike container truck lock lol!!

I use a zip around case to hold my already cased phone. It turns it into a brick that not only weighs down my bag, but is an item of self defense that I can swing around by the wrist strap. :P
But it matches the bag!! :biggrin:

I had to downsize the things in my bags a few years ago. Back problems:rant: I used to carry books magazines etc now i take two bags one for books mags etc that I can leave in my car if i don't need the stuff in it