Ha Ha You know your bag is too heavy when

Your bag is too heavy when-

-you have it in the crook of your arm doing a concert and the next morning not only is there an excruciating ache coming from your arm but also a nice bruise where your bag was perched.

-you are crossing Lafayette Street and you make it to the other side but your purse doesn't because the strap finally gave out.

I know my bag is too heavy when security always check inside it at airports ! That's the prob with suede lining .
Also my hand started tingling when wandering around Sevilla this year due to the amount of stuff I was carrying! Camera , water,guide books etc!!
C'est la. Vie.

Lol! That's funny! But 6.5lbs made your airbag light go off? Mine doesn't go off till about 90lbs I think.
I know mine gets heavy when it starts leaving indentions in my shoulders or my neck starts hurting from the weigh haha.

I'm bumping this thread 'cause I think manufacturers should keep this factor into consideration when designing a bag. My request would be the maximum weight of a magnificent leather bag empty is 1 1/2 lbs. empty! I challenge any designer!!!

I like the idea of the 1.5 lb limit. I also wish it was a more standard piece of info that shops listed about the bag. I think there is a also a perception that weight = luxury. I also think some bags are designed by people who never actually carry them around.

Years ago I bought a Coach Miranda. It was really beautiful but the thing weighed a ton. I was excited to use it and took it on a trip. I was a humpback by the time I got home and had to give it up!