Guide For Coach Product Grades and Markings

I wonder what they're going to do with the 1941 collection bags.

The following pictures show the creed (with "serial number" RG-20315) and the tag from style 38124. Tell me this makes sense! NOT!

In this series, I don't know whether there's also a tag in the pocket with that production/serial information.

View attachment 3630944
View attachment 3630945

So this is far from comprehensive, but I was passing through Macy's this morning and took a peek inside the beechwood tea rose Rogue and it had a proper date code - style no. serial number, so I am guessing the return of proper serial numbers on the creed is across the board on FP bags.

Reactions: katev
I just purchased a Madison Carlyle and it has an E at the end of the serial number. I read this entire thread and I can't determine if anyone ever found out what the E stands for.
Any help appreciated.

So this is far from comprehensive, but I was passing through Macy's this morning and took a peek inside the beechwood tea rose Rogue and it had a proper date code - style no. serial number, so I am guessing the return of proper serial numbers on the creed is across the board on FP bags.
Hi there. I am writing an article on Coach serial numbers. I need a photo of a creed to use with it. May I have permission to use this photo of yours? I'm not sure how to contact you directly (or even if it's possible) or I would do that. I've already been burned here about this so I will clarify, I'm not a Coach expert, I'm simply writing an article for a general interest website about serial numbers. Most of the people on this particular thread would think it was fairly superficial, in fact. I am astonished at how complex the whole world of Coach and Coach markings is! Thanks! :smile:

Reactions: LadaZuri
Hi there. I am writing an article on Coach serial numbers. I need a photo of a creed to use with it. May I have permission to use this photo of yours? I'm not sure how to contact you directly (or even if it's possible) or I would do that. I've already been burned here about this so I will clarify, I'm not a Coach expert, I'm simply writing an article for a general interest website about serial numbers. Most of the people on this particular thread would think it was fairly superficial, in fact. I am astonished at how complex the whole world of Coach and Coach markings is! Thanks! :smile:
The problem is that you've admitted to not being an expert so how accurate can you be sure your "article" is?

The sad this is that there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of guides (and articles) on the internet, most written by someone who owns a few items of the brand and considers themselves to be "expert." And maybe they are expert on certain items. And maybe they're expert on the type of items on which they were burned.

The problem is that unless a guide is inclusive enough to offer substantial information, it can cause more problems than those it solves. It can make buyers and sellers believe authentic items are fake or fakes are authentic.

I guess I'm interested in more specifics about the type of article you're writing, why your writing it, what it would include and the extent of your knowledge as the author.

I commend you for your initiative but I'm not sure of the purpose.

I just went back to the post you quoted and in fact, that poster wasn't the one who posted pictures that I believe you're asking to use.

It was I who posted pictures and I do commend you for asking permission before using them.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...des-and-markings.738785/page-13#post-31149733

But without knowing the context of their use, it would be irresponsible both for me to allow the use and for you to use them.

The creed shown in that post, #192 shows a meaningless "serial number" that appears on (probably) every authentic Rogue bag, at least until that point. And just because a creed looks like that one and is sewn on to the same lining doesn't mean that it's an authentic bag.

Again, way more information is needed in order to advise you on writing your "article."

I just went back to the post you quoted and in fact, that poster wasn't the one who posted pictures that I believe you're asking to use.

It was I who posted pictures and I do commend you for asking permission before using them.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...des-and-markings.738785/page-13#post-31149733

But without knowing the context of their use, it would be irresponsible both for me to allow the use and for you to use them.

The creed shown in that post, #192 shows a meaningless "serial number" that appears on (probably) every authentic Rogue bag, at least until that point. And just because a creed looks like that one and is sewn on to the same lining doesn't mean that it's an authentic bag.

Again, way more information is needed in order to advise you on writing your "article."

Hi there. I appreciate the response.
I'm a fashion and style writer, and I'm writing a short, general article on Coach serial numbers for a general interest website. It's like someone might write about the healthcare industry but not be a physician or insurer, or write about design but not be a designer. It's journalism. By the same token, I'm writing about the serial numbers, not trying to pretend to be someone who has a deep knowledge of the history and intricacies of Coach markings (which I have been truly astonished to learn are incredibly complicated!). I'm citing this blog and the eBay discussion board in my article as places people can go to get more information about their bags and possibly get help authenticating them. (The article isn't about authentic vs inauthentic bags, though; the focus is on the serial numbers.) I hope this answers your questions and thank you again for the courteous response.

Reactions: LadaZuri
We know that when the creed patch on a bag is stamped with 2 Bulls-eye mark it means "as is, final sale" because the bag is flawed or damaged. I know that is true because I once bought a bag with "double bulls-eyes from the outlet. There was an extra discount given but I was told that the bag could not be returned and it couldn't be sent in to Coach for repair, see the Legacy striped Bridget bag creed patch below as an example.

But I have also occasionally seen bags with the creed stamped "FS" and I think it means "final sale" and it functions in the same way as the double bulls-eye stamps; can someone confirm that? See the second picture below.

FP_bag_final_sale_2_bullets2.jpg

FSmark.jpg

I just purchased a Madison Carlyle and it has an E at the end of the serial number. I read this entire thread and I can't determine if anyone ever found out what the E stands for.
Any help appreciated.

The E at the end of the first 3 means it was made in Italy.
The question isn't asking about the E plant code. Murphy47 is referring to the "E" at the end of the style number.

It's been discussed here in the past and the conclusion several people have come to is that it's a code for bags that were made to be sold in a specific retail department store. (I believe the E bags were seen in Dillards though I'm not sure that's the only store for which they made bags with E after the style number.)

The question isn't asking about the E plant code. Murphy47 is referring to the "E" at the end of the style number.

It's been discussed here in the past and the conclusion several people have come to is that it's a code for bags that were made to be sold in a specific retail department store. (I believe the E bags were seen in Dillards though I'm not sure that's the only store for which they made bags with E after the style number.)

Thanks!

Reactions: BeenBurned