Guide For Coach Product Grades and Markings

Oops sorry I don't know why my first post would not upload the photos.

I try again below with my questions. I hope this time works properly.

"Hi, newbie on Coach forum here. Could you please help me read these 2 different tags from Coach Kelsey style? I couldn't figure it out and why are they different? TIA!"

Attachments

• received_10204171458682936.jpeg
    received_10204171458682936.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 745
  • received_10204171458802939.jpeg
    received_10204171458802939.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 751
  • FB_IMG_1514318180348.jpg
    FB_IMG_1514318180348.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 752
Oops sorry I don't know why my first post would not upload the photos.

I try again below with my questions. I hope this time works properly.

"Hi, newbie on Coach forum here. Could you please help me read these 2 different tags from Coach Kelsey style? I couldn't figure it out and why are they different? TIA!"
I'd like to see additional pictures of the second one (more than just the creed) but so far, it looks okay. It appears to be the same style but from 2 years later, after Coach resumed putting serial numbers back on creeds.

I am Interested to see what kind of bag I have. Was given to me by my late grandmother. I am not a purse kinda girl so I am looking for more information. Thank you.

Attachments

• 15553614814811853728591.jpg
    15553614814811853728591.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 1555361515269-877488726.jpg
    1555361515269-877488726.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 1555361581386-751476608.jpg
    1555361581386-751476608.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 256
I am Interested to see what kind of bag I have. Was given to me by my late grandmother. I am not a purse kinda girl so I am looking for more information. Thank you.
Welome to TPF.

It's very confusing to try to figure out where to post.

For items you want to authenticate, you post here, following the guidelines in the first post of that thread.
Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

For items you know are authentic, you can post here:
ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

Your bag is authentic so if you repost the pictures on the ID thread, someone will probably be able to identify the style.

Welome to TPF.

It's very confusing to try to figure out where to post.

For items you want to authenticate, you post here, following the guidelines in the first post of that thread.
Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

For items you know are authentic, you can post here:
ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

Your bag is authentic so if you repost the pictures on the ID thread, someone will probably be able to identify the style.

My parent wants to sell this bag. I am in charge of it. Is this a Coach bag?

Attachments

• INSIDE OF THE COACH BAG HAS A LETHER TAG.jpg
    INSIDE OF THE COACH BAG HAS A LETHER TAG.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 152
  • MOM COACH BAG.jpg
    MOM COACH BAG.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 150
  • COACH SERIAL NUMBER .jpeg
    COACH SERIAL NUMBER .jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 152
My parent wants to sell this bag. I am in charge of it. Is this a Coach bag?

Please post your question and photos in the AUTHENTICATE THIS COACH thread in the Coach Shopping forum. Follow the instructions in Post Number One of that thread. You will also need to post photos of one side and of the bottom of the bag.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-coach-see-first-post-for-format.889527/

The previous post by BeenBurned that you "replied to" explained where to post very clearly.

I’ve just shared some info about ways to recognize different types of Coach products in another post and several people have commented that it was very helpful; so I am going to expand on the information and post it here along with some pictures. I hope that it will help others in the future. Feel free to add your tips, comments, and corrections to help TPFers recognize and distinguish Coach products.

FP (boutique) and MFF Products:

Coach makes 2 main categories of products. The bags on their web site are sold on the Coach web site and at the boutiques and department stores like Macys and Nordstrom (along with a small number of online exclusives.) These are full price (FP) retail bags but you can sometimes find them on sale at the department stores or at the Coach boutiques during periodic Preferred Customer Events (PCE) sales, usually at 25% off or $100 off.

When a new line of FP bags comes out, the overstock FP bags are often discounted and sold at the outlets and also through Coach's online factory sale. These bags are called FP deletes here on TPF, but the staff at the outlets usually call them "transfer bags" because they were transferred from the boutique.

Finding a great FP delete boutique bag at the outlet for a deep discount is something that will make any Coachie happy! The suggested retail price shown on the tag is the actual price these bags sold for in the boutiques and department stores.

The second group of products that Coach makes is called Made For Factory (MFF) and they are sold directly from the outlet stores and during Coach’s Factory Online sales events. These are nice, well-made and attractive bags but they usually not quite as finely-made or detailed as the boutique bags. You can identify an MFF bag because the second set of numbers (the style number) on the creed patch inside the bag always begins with an F. Also, a similar grade of products can sometimes be found at discount stores like Marshalls and they will have an X on the creed patch.

Many of the bags you commonly see being carried in public areas are MFF bags from the outlets. The MSRP printed on the tags of these bags has been marked up and then immediately sold at a discount, so it seems like you are getting an even better deal at the outlet.

However, you may find a great deal on an MFF bag that has been discounted or moved into clearance (marked down and then another 50% off.) Some FP delete bags also go to clearance at the outlets and that's a wonderful thing!

The outlets used to have "coupon sales" but recently they've changed the price structure to include the coupon in the discounted price and they've the eliminated coupons.

The outlets are also a great place to find accessories, and smaller items, both MFF and FP deletes. These items usually don’t have a creed patch inside but you can tell the difference by looking at the cloth “Made in …” tag. The MFF items have a white dot on the tag and the FP deletes do not have a dot.

You can also find discounted FP delete key fobs at the outlets. They used to sell FP delete jewelry and watches but last year they started selling these exclusively online, in the boutiques, or during their online factory sales.

You will need an invitation to buy during the online factory sale but all you have to do is register for it (link below) and you will get an invitation for the next sales event. They sell both MFF and FP delete items during these sales, but mostly MFF. https://www.coachfactory.com/store/default/signuprequest/

In the next message I will post abbreviations and creed marking along with some pictures. Feel free to expand on the list!
I am so mad after reading this information. I purchased a bag from the outlet that the sales woman told me was from the retail store, and that it was better quality. However, I just checked and it has the F in front of the serial number, meaning it was made for the factory! I feel duped.

In the future, if I order from the online outlet, how can I tell if the bag was a retail bag, since it won't show the serial number in the pictures?